"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Well since it’s slow around here, here is one a did a few years ago. This is a log house, 14,000 sq. feet, cedar log house. The logs were brought in from Canada. This is just in the framing stage. The finish house was amazing. A lot of stone. Huge stone fireplace with the stairs going through the middle. I’ve done a few houses with this guy and he is incredible. House has all radiant floor heat.

Attachments

• DAE686C5-F72C-41BC-9091-4CE680E28D20.jpeg
    DAE686C5-F72C-41BC-9091-4CE680E28D20.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 17
  • C170761A-C7A6-4E4B-9CC4-6A19A8C9F27C.jpeg
    C170761A-C7A6-4E4B-9CC4-6A19A8C9F27C.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 395E277D-2E86-4877-9166-F25B242D7FE5.jpeg
    395E277D-2E86-4877-9166-F25B242D7FE5.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 14
Well since it’s slow around here, here is one a did a few years ago. This is a log house, 14,000 sq. feet, cedar log house. The logs were brought in from Canada. This is just in the framing stage. The finish house was amazing. A lot of stone. Huge stone fireplace with the stairs going through the middle. I’ve done a few houses with this guy and he is incredible. House has all radiant floor heat.

Wow, you are a pro! Your company is definitely going to miss you.

Wow, you are a pro! Your company is definitely going to miss you.
Well thank you but I also worked with some very talented people. The guy who owns and built this house, his house he lived in is for sale for just under 8 million. He’s a true craftsman, every project I ever did with him my jaw was on the floor.

Well friends, I’m officially unemployed. Yesterday was my last day in the office. They had a little going away party. Even had my DW and DD there for lunch.
Spoke with the retired owner on the phone for about an hour, his kids run the business now. That was ruff. I could hear him sniffling. He said I was the last of the good ones and is going to miss us.
They do come down to central Florida every year to go to Universal. With COVID he said they will be down next year and wants to take us out to dinner.
Also gave me a going away present, I was a little shaken up when I opened it. Lets just say wow.
Anyway...... time to go live our dream!!!!! I’m leaving tomorrow solo, I have changed it to a three day trip going down . I decided to pack the van to the top.
Got real good new this week, our realtor called and found us a furnished three bed, three bath condo for less than a two bedroom unfurnished apartment would be. The place is beautiful!!!!! In the same area as where we are goi to be house hunting And a stones throw from the happiest place on earth!!!
I’ll be checking out the condo, unloading the van into our storage unit and checking the area out.
First stop is Virginia over night. Second stop is in South Carolina. I’ll try to check in in each location.
Also, DD has her second and final job interview with a company in Winterhaven on Tuesday. I maybe getting home and turning around and moving DD and DW down in two weeks.
Man, I can’t believe this is finally happening. We have been waiting a good 30 plus years for this.
I’ll keep you posted!!!!!

Well friends, I’m officially unemployed. Yesterday was my last day in the office. They had a little going away party. Even had my DW and DD there for lunch.
Spoke with the retired owner on the phone for about an hour, his kids run the business now. That was ruff. I could hear him sniffling. He said I was the last of the good ones and is going to miss us.
They do come down to central Florida every year to go to Universal. With COVID he said they will be down next year and wants to take us out to dinner.
Also gave me a going away present, I was a little shaken up when I opened it. Lets just say wow.
Anyway...... time to go live our dream!!!!! I’m leaving tomorrow solo, I have changed it to a three day trip going down . I decided to pack the van to the top.
Got real good new this week, our realtor called and found us a furnished three bed, three bath condo for less than a two bedroom unfurnished apartment would be. The place is beautiful!!!!! In the same area as where we are goi to be house hunting And a stones throw from the happiest place on earth!!!
I’ll be checking out the condo, unloading the van into our storage unit and checking the area out.
First stop is Virginia over night. Second stop is in South Carolina. I’ll try to check in in each location.
Also, DD has her second and final job interview with a company in Winterhaven on Tuesday. I maybe getting home and turning around and moving DD and DW down in two weeks.
Man, I can’t believe this is finally happening. We have been waiting a good 30 plus years for this.

Sounds like everything is falling into place.
Have a safe trip and hope everything keeps going your way!

Sooo happy for you!!!
I can’t wait to live our dream too!

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you and your family! Soon it will be your last trip past the paint can . . .

I made it to my first stop. I’m not to far from James Madison University and about 100 miles till Roanoke. Got only about 7 hours to go till the next stop. Weather supposed to be crappy so I’m in no rush. Made pretty good time. I left home about 10:30 this morning. Pulled into the hotel around 2:45. There was pretty many cars on the road but nothing that slowed me down. Ill check back in tomorrow, have a good night.

I made it to my first stop. I’m not to far from James Madison University and about 100 miles till Roanoke. Got only about 7 hours to go till the next stop. Weather supposed to be crappy so I’m in no rush. Made pretty good time. I left home about 10:30 this morning. Pulled into the hotel around 2:45. There was pretty many cars on the road but nothing that slowed me down. Ill check back in tomorrow, have a good night.

Well if I recall correctly from past posts, very little slowed you down!

Made it to Walterboro Sc. I’ll get up at 3am and finish the trip. Went through about twenty minutes of some good rain. It was early in the morning and in the mountains of Virginia and North Carolina so it wasn’t bad at all, no traffic. Still moved along at 65/70 mph.
I95, mm77..... crawled for 23 miles. Just a lot of traffic. It seems everyone who said flying was the way to go now likes driving. Lol
Big day tomorrow, I sign the papers for the storage unit and move some stuff in.
Also, my realtor found us a nice condo to rent while we are searching for a house. We can be there for one month or one year, all depends on how fast we find something. Im paying what you would pay for a two bedroom, unfurnished apartment would be. This place has everything, just need our clothes.
I told the owner I’m 99.9 percent sure we will take it, I just want to check it out first. See what you think.....565706565707565708565709565710565711

Made it to Walterboro Sc. I’ll get up at 3am and finish the trip. Went through about twenty minutes of some good rain. It was early in the morning and in the mountains of Virginia and North Carolina so it wasn’t bad at all, no traffic. Still moved along at 65/70 mph.
I95, mm77..... crawled for 23 miles. Just a lot of traffic. It seems everyone who said flying was the way to go now likes driving. Lol
Big day tomorrow, I sign the papers for the storage unit and move some stuff in.
Also, my realtor found us a nice condo to rent while we are searching for a house. We can be there for one month or one year, all depends on how fast we find something. Im paying what you would pay for a two bedroom, unfurnished apartment would be. This place has everything, just need our clothes.
I told the owner I’m 99.9 percent sure we will take it, I just want to check it out first. See what you think.....View attachment 565706View attachment 565707View attachment 565708View attachment 565709View attachment 565710View attachment 565711
Looks like a resort. A permanent vacay!!! ❤️ It!!

I told the owner I’m 99.9 percent sure we will take it, I just want to check it out first. See what you think.....

The condo looks great. I may have to
move in after you vacate it!

Where was the 23 mile crawl, VA or NC?

I told the owner I’m 99.9 percent sure we will take it, I just want to check it out first. See what you think.....View attachment 565706View attachment 565707View attachment 565708View attachment 565709View attachment 565710View attachment 565711

That condo looks great. My only issue would be the mirrored closet doors in the bedroom-- I'd never be able to sleep in that bed. :D But I'd find a way to simply put some curtains over the mirrors. Otherwise, I like everything else.

That condo looks great. My only issue would be the mirrored closet doors in the bedroom-- I'd never be able to sleep in that bed. :D But I'd find a way to simply put some curtains over the mirrors. Otherwise, I like everything else.
im usually snoring before my head hits the pillow. Lol

Not to go off topic (so jealous, btw) but just found out I am going to be making the drive by myself with 3 kiddos in a few weeks. I am slightly terrified. The longest I have done with them by myself was 8 hours. This will be about 18. Kids will be 12, 10 and 5 and used to road trips. We are stopping overnight somewhere because I don't drive well after dark. Coming from central PA so probably doing 95 for most of the way. Any words of wisdom? Ideas for a family friendly audiobook that won't put me to sleep?

Coming from central PA I would opt for the 81-77-26-95 route. It Google maps out only a few minutes longer than the 95 route and avoids the busiest sections of 95.

Good luck on your travels!
I just came down that way, there was no traffic at all. The only place I hit traffic was I95 just below where I26 comes in. All be heading back that way Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter