For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have arrived!!!! hello everyone. we departed home at 2:45am tuesday and i hit the florida welcoming center at 4:30pm. (no i wasnt speeding,honest!:lmao:)

Ah, you completed another 1,000+ mile non-stop drive! Congratulations!

We'll be following in your footsteps (make that tire tracks) later next month.

Now start enjoying other forms of transportation.

All the best. :thumbsup2

we have arrived!!!! hello everyone. we departed home at 2:45am tuesday and i hit the florida welcoming center at 4:30pm. :thumbsup2

Glad you made it quick, and safe! :lmao: Now, I need to get OUR buts down there again this year! Trying to talk the family into a few days the week before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping, praying, and dreaming at this point, but I already have the week for vacation! :cool1:

Glad you made it quick, and safe! :lmao: Now, I need to get OUR buts down there again this year! Trying to talk the family into a few days the week before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping, praying, and dreaming at this point, but I already have the week for vacation! :cool1:

good luck steve!! i never have to twist anyones arm to go in my house.:lmao: brianas sitting in school today pouting. she texted tammy and said she hates college!! :lmao: poor kid is so abused. shes 18 almost 19 and has been here 25 times and his coming down again in may with us.:lmao:

dvczerfs: Howdy! How were gas prices heading to WDW? And what's the Disney Hess price?

Some gas stations in Southern Ocean County, NJ have lowered to $3.25.

dvczerfs: Howdy! How were gas prices heading to WDW? And what's the Disney Hess price?

Some gas stations in Southern Ocean County, NJ have lowered to $3.25.

the lowest was 3.19 and the highest was 3.58. the highest was in pa and the lowest in va. i did see in ga 3.52 in a few spots. tomorrow is the meet with sarah at mk.:thumbsup2 we were texting today for a while but we were at two dif. places. tomorrow is loking real good.:thumbsup2

we have arrived!!!!.... :lmao: the first words were." wait till i tell sharon and all your buddies on the dis.!!:lmao:)

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

You can tell Tammy that I am laughing at you - out loud :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::rolleyes:

Post some pics.

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful trip!

You can tell Tammy that I am laughing at you - out loud :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::rolleyes:

Post some pics.
thanks sharon!
i will never here the end of this one.:lmao: yup, i seen the exit i95 south in 3 miles sign. i was listening to the serius radio, i think the 70s at the time, tammys looking at the newspaper and looks up and said, shouldnt you get off there?(as she is pointing over her shoulder) and im doing well into the 70ish range, ok, 80mph in the left lane.:lmao:
tammy - "didnt you see that sign"?
david - "ya but that was no three miles"
tammy - " well when your going 90 miles per hour it comes up fast"
david - " i wasnt going 90"
tammy - "your doing 82 now and slowed up"
david - " no biggie, ill take 95 north, go 1 exit and turn around"
david - "why didnt you tell when i was getting closer to move over, your back seat driving anyother time"?
tammy - " wait till i tell sharon!"
i cant win! but that was the first time i ever drove all of it in one day. :thumbsup2 (on about 3 hours sleep) i couldnt sleep, i was ready to go. ill post some picks from our room. we are at okw in a 1 bed in bldg 25.:thumbsup2

heres some pics from our patio today:
8b515c91.jpg

2110bebe.jpg

e5aeb39f.jpg

we had dinner at the rose and crown tonight, it was good!!:thumbsup2

get version III ready bc, this threads going to get shut down soon!:thumbsup2

Howdy!

Indeed, I've been noticing the various numbers. As with the initial thread's maxing out, the DISboards moderators will no doubt provide the necessary assistance in making the transition from Thread II to Thread III.

Until then, give my very best to fwdfacingtentacles if you cross their path.

Have a magical day in Walt Disney World! :wizard:

@dvczerfs - Sweeet!!! :thumbsup2

We're back in the game...we're going to attempt to do WDW in the Summer. Oooh. :lmao: I hope the heat isn't too bad and the crowds aren't that brutal as we are Faller and Springer WDWers.

June 23, 2011 to June 30, 2011 :cool1:

@dvczerfs - Sweeet!!! :thumbsup2

We're back in the game...we're going to attempt to do WDW in the Summer. Oooh. :lmao: I hope the heat isn't too bad and the crowds aren't that brutal as we are Faller and Springer WDWers.

June 23, 2011 to June 30, 2011 :cool1:

We have gone end of June last two years and plan to do so every year once kids are done school. It's fine. It's busy but not killer. For us, using Tourguide Mike and going to the right parks on the right days was really good. If we hopped to one of his red days, we absolutely noticed the difference.

We use cool ties, bring lots of water and take afternoon breaks. The parks are open late so you could stay at the hotel all day and go out for dinner at a park and hang until closing and have a good full day.

Depending on when you go in Fall, June may feel better. Late August through October are really humid. June humidity doesn't seem as bad - it's still building to the pea soup level. In June, it's more like consomme' :lmao:

Brazilians start arriving by then, though, so keep an eye out.

Tomorrow morning 6am we leave from Buffalo, NY!! Me, my wife, my mother in law, and my just bout to turn 2 in Disney daughter!!!
If I see anything that needs reporting I will make sure to post it.

First stop: Hampton Inn, Columbia, SC.

See you real soon!!!

We have gone end of June last two years and plan to do so every year once kids are done school. It's fine. It's busy but not killer. For us, using Tourguide Mike and going to the right parks on the right days was really good. If we hopped to one of his red days, we absolutely noticed the difference.

We use cool ties, bring lots of water and take afternoon breaks. The parks are open late so you could stay at the hotel all day and go out for dinner at a park and hang until closing and have a good full day.

Depending on when you go in Fall, June may feel better. Late August through October are really humid. June humidity doesn't seem as bad - it's still building to the pea soup level. In June, it's more like consomme' :lmao:

Brazilians start arriving by then, though, so keep an eye out.

Hey thanks for the tips! We have to be a MNSSHP on Halloween Day so that's how far into the Fall I'm talking about. As for Spring, I'm talking early May. So, both are low crowds which is nice. Last October, we went from October 30 to November 6 (Jersey Week) and about the last half part of the week it just got COLD...I mean freezing. I never knew it could get so cold in FL. My LO got sick sitting out waiting for Fantasmic to start and finish - it had started raining lightly too. Coats at MK on the last day (thankfully I brought out coats) and no more pool for us. On the drive back after getting out of GA, South Carolina had lots and lots of snow. Ha! That whole thing threw me off. I'm glad the first part of the trip was hot (not too hot) and sunny. Hubby doesn't want to go back to World for Halloween again because of that, but I'm a villain so he has no choice.

Anyhooo, as for the Brazillians (I have yet to experience that) if things get out of hand DH will go bananas out in public. Let's hope for the best! :lmao:

Oh and I use TGM although we find we don't need it in the Fall because it's just not crowded enough for it. In May, although it's low season TGM is needed.

Tomorrow morning 6am we leave from Buffalo, NY!! Me, my wife, my mother in law, and my just bout to turn 2 in Disney daughter!!!

See you real soon!!!

Enjoy yourselves! :wizard:

See you real soon!!!

Please report your mileage from home to WDW. Check that odometer prior to departure and then fill us in upon your arrival. The "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" all-time records roster is lacking a longest drive entry. [We made a few requests to some Canadian drivers but never heard back from them. Perhaps they're still on the road?]

Please report your mileage from home to WDW. Check that odometer prior to departure and then fill us in upon your arrival. The "For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" all-time records roster is lacking a longest drive entry. [We made a few requests to some Canadian drivers but never heard back from them. Perhaps they're still on the road?]

We drive from an hour east of Buffalo, going down through Pittsburgh & Charlotte, Columbia and then over to 95. I believe our one way without detours is 1294 miles.

We drive from an hour east of Buffalo, going down through Pittsburgh & Charlotte, Columbia and then over to 95. I believe our one way without detours is 1294 miles.

Please confirm that mileage upon your WDW arrival. [We want to be as accurate as possible on this thread.] :)

the lowest was 3.19 and the highest was 3.58. the highest was in pa and the lowest in va. i did see in ga 3.52 in a few spots. tomorrow is the meet with sarah at mk.:thumbsup2 we were texting today for a while but we were at two dif. places. tomorrow is loking real good.:thumbsup2

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Did you have any poblems with construction or the weather?
Thanks for the gas pricing, yes it is still high in PA. No reason for it. 3.43 in Pocono Pines last week, and it is still 3.49 around here.
By the way, I use to drive with Red and blue lights too. Retired police chief.

See ya next week, litteraly! :cutie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter