FOP?????

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
We will be in AK on 11/30 (which is supposedly a low touring day)...have not been able to get FP for FOP and am wondering if we get on line after ROL at 7 PM and park closing is at 8 PM should we be able to ride? Any suggestions? How long have wait times been on low touring days? Thanks!

We will be in AK on 11/30 (which is supposedly a low touring day)...have not been able to get FP for FOP and am wondering if we get on line after ROL at 7 PM and park closing is at 8 PM should we be able to ride? Any suggestions? How long have wait times been on low touring days? Thanks!

You should be able to. Keep checking for FOP, you never know when something may open up.

You should be able to. Keep checking for
FOP, you never know when something may open up.

I keep checking several times a day...fingers crossed! We missed out in May as we arrived a few days after opening and it was crazy! Determined to try it this trip!

We went there 2 days before Irma hit. We thought the crowds would be low. We got in line about 2 hours before closing. The sign said 120 minute wait. It didn't take as long as the sign said. We waited about an hour and 15 minutes. We got on the River Journey ride right after FOP with no wait at all. That was about 20 minutes before closing time. Good luck with it. That is one busy ride. We found it to be worth the wait. It might be better to try it at rope drop of the mornings. We did that also. We got there before rope drop. Once we were allowed to get in line for FOP, we only waited about 23 minutes before we got our turn.

Thanks for the insight! When do they stop you from getting in line...If you get in line an hour before closing will they let people stay until after park ends if you haven't gotten through the line???

Thanks for the insight! When do they stop you from getting in line...If you get in line an hour before closing will they let people stay until after park ends if you haven't gotten through the line???

Generally, you can enter all queues right up until closing time and still ride. There have been instances on FOP where the queue closed earlier, but I have not read any recent reports of this.

They typically let you join lines right up until closing. Our plan is to get in line about 20 minutes before closing.

The lowest waits of the day usually happen mid-day. People who did the morning went to Pandora first and then rest of the park, so they are finished. People who aren't arriving until late afternoon/evening haven't gotten there yet!

My best advice (besides continuing to search for a FP) would be to keep monitoring the wait times throughout the day. If you see it under 90 minutes, book it over there and ride! The queue is so detailed it doesn't feel like that long!

You can get in line right up until the moment before closing time and you will be allowed to ride. Keep in mind that wait times are intentionally inflated late at night to discourage this behavior. That 60 minute posted wait time is more likely in the 20-30 range.

Thanks for all the tips...will keep looking for a FP and use Plan B, arriving half hour before park closing if we don't get one! Thanks all!

We just rode it Friday for the first time. I couldn't get a fast pass until the week before when they suddenly became avaialbe. Keep trying all the way up to your trip. You also have to ditch the Navi River journey if you have that before you can get an FOP one. I took a gamble and did. Never did get to ride the river journey but have been told that I didn't miss too much and made the right decision. However our fastpass was at 10:15 Friday and we were told when we entered the park that it was going to be a delayed opening for Pandora. Sure enough our fast pass changed to an anytime anyplace fastpass by rope drop. We did other things and had lunch and it still wasn't opened. Told my wife we would come back and use it that evening real quick before our Narcoosee's ressie. As we were about even with the Starbucks and walking our at around 1:30, there was a roar from the right and I told her they must have got it running. We went and sure enough they had. We used our anytime fastpass and got right on. We did experience problems though. The movie in the first room didn't work. As we were ushered into the second room, I told the CM that it was blank. He shook his head and went back in there, ran off the group that was entering and came back and got us started on room 2. I assume he had someone fix it, but we got to move onto the ride. We rode it once, but as soon as it was done, he was behind us and told us all we could stay seated and do it again since the other group wasn't even in room 2 yet. We all did. After the second ride, he said the same thing since now the group behind us was walking into the second viewing room. Both my wife and I called it quits after 2 in a row. Was a blast, but I didn't think we could take it 3 times in 5 minutes. Some stayed for the third ride though!

[QUOTE="Tigger's ally, post: 58274177, member: 287823"We rode it once, but as soon as it was done, he was behind us and told us all we could stay seated and do it again since the other group wasn't even in room 2 yet. We all did. After the second ride, he said the same thing since now the group behind us was walking into the second viewing room. Both my wife and I called it quits after 2 in a row. Was a blast, but I didn't think we could take it 3 times in 5 minutes. Some stayed for the third ride though![/QUOTE]

That's great! How cool is that?! :yay:

[QUOTE="Tigger's ally, post: 58274177, member: 287823"We rode it once, but as soon as it was done, he was behind us and told us all we could stay seated and do it again since the other group wasn't even in room 2 yet. We all did. After the second ride, he said the same thing since now the group behind us was walking into the second viewing room. Both my wife and I called it quits after 2 in a row. Was a blast, but I didn't think we could take it 3 times in 5 minutes. Some stayed for the third ride though!

That's great! How cool is that?! :yay:[/QUOTE]

It was an instant Pixie dust score! I would trade that first room not working anytime to get 2 or 3 actual times on the ride in a row! :tigger:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter