FOP "host"

I assumed he was from the movie (that I haven’t seen) and that his character must be awkward in the movie. Is this not the case?

He's not from the movie since Flight of Passage takes place many generations after the events of Avatar, however the character from the pre-show would definitely fit right in with the scientists in the movie. He is intentionally coming off as awkward, which I think is fine and he does a good job of, however I also think the pre-show is too long for him to carry it. They should have maybe had another scientist with a slightly different personality helping and jumping in, so that it doesn't come off as a monologue.

I thought the preshow was just fine. Didn't find him to be overly awkward or anything out of the ordinary than a scientist trying to talk to a new group of people.

I'd rather wait in line instead of watching a long pre-show. For some reason my feet always seem to hurt more standing around watching them instead of when just standing in line. They should have seats to wait, especially on FOP where some people have been standing for 4 hours.

As much as I dislike Dr. Stephens and his excruciatingly long pre-pre-show video, it's still light years ahead of the awkwardness of Dinosaur's pre-show video (featuring Claire Huxtable, an extremely dated CGI iguanadon and and a plastic hand puppet).

Also annoying is the fake "system malfunction" and reboot during Dr Stephen's segment. Almost every ride I've had on FoP someone gets wound up over this part and thinks the ride has actually broken. FWIW - it seems the "malfunction" can vary in length (I've seen it entirely skipped and had it go as long as 3-4 minutes) to ensure that all the chambers for a theater release into the second pre-show video (and then the ride) at the same time. I get the need for that - but psyching riders into thinking their chamber really has a problem maybe isn't the best execution.
Heeeello there! Love the puppet. We get a kick out of that every time. I know. Silly.

I know majority of ppl didn't like "Ellen's....", but we always found the preshow to be hilarious ---

"Stupid Judy..... "

I love it! And Einstein doesn't get any questions right on Jeopardy. That was a great pre-show.

Also, no mention yet of "Ok...I got you a really fast car."???

I love it! And Einstein doesn't get any questions right on Jeopardy. That was a great pre-show.

Also, no mention yet of "Ok...I got you a really fast car."???

But he did get that nice light bulb as a parting gift ! :))

I loved FOP but that preshow was so, so, so bad.

That's what makes it good!You want me to tell you which preshow that was recently changed really annoys me,Mission Space,not Gina Torres who replaced Gary Sinise,shes fine,my problem is with the flight director guy that speaks a couple of times,something about his voice I just find annoying,its like just too perfect,like a voice actor selling something on a commercial,that's why I like the FoP guy,he's a little awkward and it just makes the experience different.Don't get me wrong its not amazing,the preshow at Soarin with Patrick (putty)is amazing,something about the way he speaks just cracks me up,but next time you ride Mission Space listen to that flight director guy,his voice is just too perfect and throws off the experience for me.

It was pure coincidence that she resembled Sigorney Weaver.
I too noticed the resemblance to Sigourney Weaver.

But I asked a Cast Member about the girl on the screen in the 'contamination room' and this Cast Member had no clue about the girl.....My guess - the child of an Imagineer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter