FoP during EMH — full queue??

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
We’re wondering whether it might be worth trying to do FoP first thing in the morning during EMH, but ONLY if we get to see the full queue (we have FPs to do it on other days).

Anyone know how they handle that these days? Does it branch off at some point giving you the option, or are you funneled into the FP line early during EMH?

Thanks!

Since they allow rider swap and the disability pass to be used during EMH ( and these people use the FP line I will say they will not be allowing you into the FP line

Depends on where you are in the line. We were semi-front-ish the other day - not so front that they sent us FP, but front enough that we missed most of the queue (we saw the exterior portion, but were funneled through FP in the interior portion.). Further back would have seen the whole queue, I presume, but had the corresponding longer wait.

Depends on where you are in the line. We were semi-front-ish the other day - not so front that they sent us FP, but front enough that we missed most of the queue (we saw the exterior portion, but were funneled through FP in the interior portion.). Further back would have seen the whole queue, I presume, but had the corresponding longer wait.
Do you remember what time you arrived to be front-ish?

I recall posts when the ride first opened about there being a branch off point where one side went FP and another full queue, and some reports that you could go down the full queue path if you knew about it and chose to. Wondering if that's still a possibility...

I recall posts when the ride first opened about there being a branch off point where one side went FP and another full queue, and some reports that you could go down the full queue path if you knew about it and chose to. Wondering if that's still a possibility...
They might do this for the first 100 or so people

When we went there was no option to branch. To give you an idea; we were on the bus at Pop at 7am for 8am EMH, got there, walked right in the tapstiles and to Pandora where we were all held til closer to open. After walking us into Pandora they lined everyone up through the FP line, and walked us all up that way. It took about 15 min to get to the loading area for us after they lead us into Pandora. There were no people coming in through (or lined up in) the standby line when we were in the loading area. They must switch over at some point, but my guess is you'd be waiting 45 min - 1 hour at that point.

ETA; it didn't look like they even had the lights on over in the standby line when we got up to the loading area, but maybe that would be different EMH vs. regular entry (btw, this was July 9th).

Last edited:
Do you remember what time you arrived to be front-ish?

Double-check my recent posts (I logged it in another Pandora thread when it was fresh in my memory) but I think we were on a bus at Pop at 7:47 and through bag check at 8:04. Most of the lines were just shorter than the ticket booths; we lucked into one that was half-distance between the booths and the tapstiles. We are fast walkers and are experienced at maneuvering through the crowds. We were off the ride by like 8:50. Without being up in that half-length line, and at an average walking speed, I think it would have been 10-15 minutes longer all told. I’d aim to arrive an hour before opening. (Tapstiles opened at 8:10 for 9A opening.)

We were there in November and during the morning EMH, the wait was nearly 3 hours long. The Navi River had a 10 minute wait. By the time we got out of the attraction, figure 15 or 20 minutes later, the line was over 2 hrs. Unless you're there for rope drop and you're towards the front of the line, I'd suggest using a FP but doing Navi early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter