• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOP ~ A scaredy cat's POV

Thank you so much for this review!!!! I am feeling hopeful that I may give it a try this summer. Last summer I wasn't brave enough. Can anyone compare it to the Harry Potter ride in Universal? I forget the name-I think Forbidden something...I could not handle that one at all. I felt like throwing up the entire time. I was sick and unsteady for 3 hours after the ride. My dd said FOP is just like it and I wouldn't be able to do it.
Harry Potter is terrible! It feels more like one of those Huss carnival rides that spin you in all directions at once. FOP is nothing like that.

Thanks for your review. I'll need to power through my fears so my kids get the opportunity to ride this when we are there. I was also wondering about motion sickness and plan on using Bonine and Seabands my whole trip. Fingers crossed!

Oh no! I have motion sickness and have been debating riding FOP. We have fast passes for it. I’m hoping that if I wear Seabands and take Bonnie it might be enough to get through it.
I read in another thread, people taking the Bonine (sp>) the night before and it worked well.

My mom (70+) doesn't usually ride any rides more adventuresome than Pirates - that one little drop is enough for her! She also gets motion sick on the bus (I sometimes do, too). However, she wanted to try FOP after I raved about it and she absolutely LOVED it! I had gotten us three FP+ during our stay and she rode every time. My dad (also 70+) has significant inner ear/equilibrium issues. He rode it once and said he liked it, but not enough to do again. He didn't actually have any vertigo (which he often does) but was afraid multiple rides might trigger it.

I have very minor motion sickness. I was SO SICK on FOP. The first dive and I was miserable. I prayed I wouldn’t vomit. I hated it and will never go again.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I think it's good for everyone to put their experience out there and compare to what they do like and don't so ppl can make an informed decision.

That first dive is visually intense... I actually might have blurted, oh he** no, the moment I realized the banshee was going to swoop all the way down off the edge of the cliff! But of course, it's just a visual film of a 90 degree fall. You're actually still sitting in a vertical row of vehicles that's just bouncing up and down.

I agree that glancing behind you, or even off to the side at the other ride vehicles gives some context to what's actually happening in the theater. That also made me really appreciate how imaginatively designed this attraction truly is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter