Footwear

bobri

Earning My Ears
What is the best type of footwear to wear to the parks? Ii am afraid of wet feet on some of the rides and I am looking for some advice.

Thanks

I wore my tevas most of the time last summer. They are the most comfortable sandals I have ever had.

A poster on another thread (I think the budget thread) was raving about the Nike Straprunner sandal - she said they were extremely comfortable and didn't cause her feet to sweat. My DH bought a pair a few weeks ago and they're never off his feet now - he loves them! So I just ordered a pair for myself from the Nike website and we'll be trying them out in WDW in June. They're a bit pricey - $40 on average, but from what the other posters were saying, well worth the price.

Kim

So sandals will be fine if your feet get wet? I have never wore sandals but don't want feet problems when I am down there.

Thanks

Sandals allow your feet to dry faster after water rides. Since they don't keep your feet enclosed, your feet don't get as warm either.

However, not everyone finds sandals comfortable.

If you've never worn them, and your primary concern is keeping your feet dry, I suggest picking some up and trying them at home, at the mall, etc. You don't want to try a new pair for the first time at a theme park, because you don't want to find out your shoes are giving you blisters 1/2 way through your day.

There's another thread on this board that discusses the best sandals to get, so you may want to check that out.

I wear Teva sandals in the summer at WDW and elsewhere. They are just as comfy as sneakers but your feet do not get hot and sweaty. Sweaty feet cause blisters so this is the best way to avoid them.

I just bought a pair of Teva sandels to try them out before my December trip - having never worn sandels, I am having trouble getting used to them. I have a very high arch and Achilles tendenittis (sp) and since they don't have much of a heel, it is taking some getting used ot and my feet really ache after a while. But I'm going to keep trying - I have plenty of time and it may be that I just have to get used to the flatter heel.

I agree with raidermatt - pick up a pair and try them out at home first. I also remember someone else saying that alternating days - wearing sandals one and sneakers the next might be good for avoiding problems as well. Definitely sandals would have the advantage for days you know you'll be on water rides. For sneaker days, my husband swears by moleskin (you can pick it up at any drugstore). He cuts a piece of that and applies it to anyplace he normally gets blisters before putting on his socks and shoes. It serves as a great cushion while trekking through the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter