• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

footwear

sez

Earning My Ears
I just wondered what kind of footwear people use to do all that walking around the parks?Are there any tips to prevent blisters or what to put on them if you get them?Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in anticipation

Sez:) :)

What ever you wear make sure that they are well worn-in and comfortable - nothing worse than brand new trainers!

I found after wearing trainers for a few days, switching to sandles for a day gave my feet a rest.

I also read somewhere that spaying your feet with antiperspirant helped cut down on blister.

We also try to switch between trainers (the canvas kind) and sandals. But if you're going when you're likely to have heavy showers, leather trainers are probably better! ;)

I had waterproof sandles - ideal for water rides :)

Don't forget - if you wear sandles make sure you wear socks as well - then everyone will know you are from Britain :)

I like to wear Clarks sandals (springers) without socks - people can tell I'm British from my pale pasty colour:p

However I do put plenty of suncream on the tops of my feet!

We all wear trainers for the parks , they seem the most comfortable for long days of walking.
We take other footwear for days out of the parks and evenings

Barbara:Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc :smooth: :Pinkbounc
25 days to go!!

If you do get blisters, moleskin is a good bet. It is flesh coloured felt stuff, sticky on one side (the side you stick to the blister) and does wonders in protecting the raw bits. You can buy it in Boots in the foot care section - Scholl make it.

I too am a Springers fan - they are amazingly comfortable and don't need to be worn in. When I go I also usually make an early visit to a shoe store for a new pair of walking trainers . So far I have never had foot problems with a brand new pair. They are also so much cheaper there (a quarter of the price we pay) that it is well worth getting a pair anyway (I got leather Nikes last year for £24).

You can also invest in some sports socks that deal with sweaty feet better and make you more comfortable (M&S sell them).

Happy hoofing!

:D

Jackie

I think changing your shoes is important - if you wear different shoes on alternate days it seems to help a lot.

I wore trainers and Springer sandals - with the trainers i bought decent socks - I think the socks can make a big difference.

we also tried spraying our feet with antipersperant - I don't know what made the difference but we had no blisters - we did have very tired feet though, don't think there's any cure for that!

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter