Fool.com article

todd222222

Mouseketeer
The 5th gate comment in the article is very interesting, but this is also mentioned:

Oh, and speaking of regional amusement parks, Disney is a hit in Canada. It acquired a Canadian amusement park from a publicly traded operator. Was it the Six Flags park in Montreal or the Cedar Fair property just outside Toronto? I'm not at liberty to say. Since Disney is now building smaller, localized themed experiences like indoor water parks and high-tech arcades, it was able to get a great deal from a cash-starved operator and enter a lucrative market that won't cannibalize its coastal bookends back home.

What does this mean? Will it be a full blown Disney themed park or just a park that's owned by Disney.....

:teacher: The Motley Fool article was written as a speculative article from the future. At no point did the writer actually state that these things have been announced. See below:

"Dig my mouse ears? It's actually the number 2, a mouse ear, a 1, and the second mouse ear, because that's the 2-0-1-0 trinket that Disney (NYSE: DIS) was selling at its theme parks as we counted down to 2010 a few weeks ago.

"That's right. You're still ankle-deep into 2008, aren't you? I've been taking an "unauthorized field trip" through time this week, checking in on what many of my favorite companies are up to two years later.

"Think you know Disney? You won't believe what the company is up to in 2010.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...terms=disney&vstest=search_042607_linkdefault

Norest is right. The article was just a pie in the sky vision of what might be the status of the company in the year 2010. The article was meant to be taken slightly tongue in cheek.

The author does write quite frequently about Disney as a company and other "theme park" businesses such as six flags and cedar.

That's OK Todd...so did Pete. ;)

Looks like the author did similar articles about Google and Netflix in the days leading up to the Disney piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter