Foods not to eat at DL

Oh man, I forgot about these two places when considering the burger situation. I think both times at LLL, out of fear of being disappointed (FOBD? hah) I ordered the lobster nachos + steak on top. I might have to venture out.

Oh man, the nachos are (to me) the worst thing at LLL. I love the piggy wings and potato skins best!

We didn't like the monte cristo. This was years ago at the Blue Bayou so I don't know if the recipe has changed. Original beignets are better than the seasonal flavors.

My state is covered by the smoke of two other burning states. Also with our own fires.

Covid has me worried about my job.

I can't look left to right without hearing something political.

I am fine with all of it. It don't bother me none.

But if I see one more post talking crap about the little red wagon's corn dog pieces of heaven I'll snap!

Additionally, I had a family vacation meltdown in the Blue Bayou with my wife's eyes flinging daggers at me, my son screaming after having enough of being a 2 year old in the park, and my father in law not being able to figure out how to stick with the group all day. It was probably the lowest point in our marriage and it is still a far second place to how I felt when they brought out my monte cristo sandwich which was terrible.

I have to assume that when the service is prompt and the food is the correct temperature that Carthay is pretty good, but after waiting an hour (late lunch, not the rush) for room temperature food and only being offered 10% off for all that, Carthay is my family's official worst restaurant at DL.

I have to assume that when the service is prompt and the food is the correct temperature that Carthay is pretty good,

I, over all, enjoyed my experience at Carthay. But I will say other than the drinks and the cheddar biscuits I didn't enjoy the meal that much. I ask for NO MUSHROOMS in (whatever it was I ordered) and for the meat to be well done. I got mushrooms and fairly rare meat. But the last meal I had at Blue Bayou wasn't that great either.

"Lord love a duck!" I've never heard that expression but I love it. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face this evening.
years ago, there was Aussie show on TV called Kingswood Country.. the main character (dad) used to say it all the time.. That and Pickle me grandmother.. I still use them both today !!! 😆

Earl of Sandwich, Bacon, Egg & Cheddar breakfast sandwich. I took a big bite and almost threw up. It had mustard on it. It was disgusting. Who puts mustard on a breakfast sandwich? Yuck! 🤢

Earl of Sandwich, Bacon, Egg & Cheddar breakfast sandwich. I took a big bite and almost threw up. It had mustard on it. It was disgusting. Who puts mustard on a breakfast sandwich? Yuck! 🤢
I love mustard but on eggs? That does sound bizarre!!!

I love mustard but on eggs? That does sound bizarre!!!
It was gross. :crazy2:

When I went back inside to ask why it had mustard on it, the cashier said that they put mustard or their special sauce on all of their sandwiches. She looked at me like I was nuts.

It was gross. :crazy2:

When I went back inside to ask why it had mustard on it, the cashier said that they put mustard or their special sauce on all of their sandwiches. She looked at me like I was nuts.
I heard rave reviews about Earl of Sandwich so we excitedly went and it was just ok. We have been back to DL 3 times since and no one even remotely suggests we go back to the Earl!

I know this is blasphemous, but I don't think the beignets at WDW or in the park at DLR are very good, regular or seasonal. I haven't had the ones from Ralph Brennan's though. I have been to New Orleans a lot, so I am a bit of a beignet snob. Luckily, I didn't expect the ones at the parks to be good.

Also, any of the ice cream at either WDW or DLR, unless it's dole whip all pineapple which really isn't ice cream, is pretty bad. It's not Blue Bell bad, but my local grocery store chain has a better in-house brand. However, at WDW, the ice cream at Ample Hills, when it was open, in the France pavilion at Epcot, and the gelato place at Disney Springs are good. Haven't had Ghirardelli at either park; we usually just get the chocolate, which is kind of mediocre too. I am also an ice cream snob, since I worked at one in high school, where we made ice cream, and still have a high end machine at home.

If you enjoyed Ample Hills, you’ll likely be a fan of Salt & Straw in DtD!

Absolutely! I totally forgot about them, since I have only eaten there once. I am really hoping that they replace Ample Hill with something like Salt & Straw.

Absolutely! I totally forgot about them, since I have only eaten there once. I am really hoping that they replace Ample Hill with something like Salt & Straw.

Same! Off topic but, I’m slightly less excited about our BCV stays without ice cream nearby!😪

I know this is blasphemous, but I don't think the beignets at WDW or in the park at DLR are very good, regular or seasonal. I haven't had the ones from Ralph Brennan's though. I have been to New Orleans a lot, so I am a bit of a beignet snob. Luckily, I didn't expect the ones at the parks to be good.

Also, any of the ice cream at either WDW or DLR, unless it's dole whip all pineapple which really isn't ice cream, is pretty bad. It's not Blue Bell bad, but my local grocery store chain has a better in-house brand. However, at WDW, the ice cream at Ample Hills, when it was open, in the France pavilion at Epcot, and the gelato place at Disney Springs are good. Haven't had Ghirardelli at either park; we usually just get the chocolate, which is kind of mediocre too. I am also an ice cream snob, since I worked at one in high school, where we made ice cream, and still have a high end machine at home.

The beignets at RB are significantly better than the Disney ones.

I would hope so, since they are a a New Orleans family.

They are legit. They use the Cafe du Monde mix.

Also, the chocolate ice cream at Ghirardelli is a special recipe that uses Ghirardelli cocoa in it and is fantastic. The rest of the flavors there are standard Dreyers.

My favorite "Disney" ice cream is also the chocolate soft serve in the France pavilion kiosk as well as L'artisan des Glaces (fleur de sel caramel or chocolate).

I cannot stand Salt and Straw. They take the "salt" to a whole new level. And I like salty/sweet stuff. I do NOT want my ice cream to taste salty, though. I draw the line there. They go too heavy on the salt. I've tried it 3 different times and it's not for me. I feel like it would be far better to simply sprinkle the top of the ice cream with some high quality finishing salt than to add salt directly to the ice cream base.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter