Foods not to eat at DL

Literally any in park burger. None of them are worth it.

Pizza Planet is also not good, although my wife’s friend is really into a pasta there and will make the trip specifically for it.

Carthay, overpriced and not that good. Granted I think I’ve only had lunch, not sure of the dinner menu.

The burger at Lamplight Lounge is fantastic, as is the burger at Carthay Circle. Those may be 2 of the best burgers I've had anywhere, not just at Disney.

That’s an interesting thread for sure... It’s always interesting to see how taste differs.

Food I wouldn’t even touch if paid to do so are pickles. (or let’s be honest...it would probably involve at least an invitation to a WOC dessert party to make me eat it...) I genuinely can’t understand how you can walk around the park and eat them...“shudders

That’s an interesting thread for sure... It’s always interesting to see how taste differs.

Food I wouldn’t even touch if paid to do so are pickles. (or let’s be honest...it would probably involve at least an invitation to a WOC dessert party to make me eat it...) I genuinely can’t understand how you can walk around the park and eat them...“shudders

OMG, the pickles, I don't get it either. I love the pineapple spears, but I just don't understand how someone can walk around just chomping on a giant pickle.

The pickles are GOOD, but I prefer the deep fried version at Carnation Cafe.

Interestingly, the pickles are a great snack on a hot day when you are sweating a lot. They are quite good at helping with hydration. Like how distance runners eat salt packets. A pickle and some water is healthier than Gatorade.

Last edited:
The burger at Lamplight Lounge is fantastic, as is the burger at Carthay Circle. Those may be 2 of the best burgers I've had anywhere, not just at Disney.
Came here to say this about Carthay! Have definitely enjoyed every one I've tried there (although not my best anywhere).

Foods I don't bother with at DL:

• turkey legs - the smell totally turns me off. Bleh!
  • churros - just not my thing
  • Monte Cristo sandwich - because I'm not a fan of melted cheese inside a donut. :-)
  • pomme frites at Cafe Orleans - because I don't like my fries to have "stuff" on them
  • cake pops - they look great, but the cake part always has a weird texture to it.
  • candy apples - I've always hated these, but they're amazing little edible works of art.
  • fried pickles at Carnation Cafe - I like dill pickles, but deep fried? Yucko. Never again.
Stuff I love:
  • soup in a bread bowl, especially if it's at the French Market (atmosphere!)
  • corn dogs from the Little Red Wagon - I hate corn dogs, but these are amazing.

Interestingly, the pickles are a great snack on a hot day when you are sweating a lot. They are quite good at helping with hydration. Like how distance runners eat salt
I will take your science and nutrition and reply with a YUCK. Kidding!

I have started to appreciate pickles but still have a gut-reaction dislike for them. I don't think I'll ever like them on their own.

I've started ordering my mint juleps with a 'spritz' of 7up. they're still sweet but not 'syrupy'.

Next time I may ask if they have plain 'bubble water' as that'd balance the sweetness.

Specialty churros: waaaaaay too sweet. During Pixar fest I remember there was a strawberry one. I literally could taste the artificial flavor on the churro. Refused to finish it 🤮 I prefer the regular churros

Sweets with excessive frosting, or colorful dye: again you can taste the artificial flavor on these AND I discovered that I must have an aversion to foods like this and get pretty sick after eating them. So from now on eat simple sweet stuff (cookies, plain churro, etc)

Turkey leg: too salty

Pizza planet pizza

I 10000% agree -- a lot of the "do it for the 'gram" sweets people post are just way WAY too sweet. Then again, I generally prefer Asian pastries, which tend to have a much more conservative sugar profile. A lot of the DL stuff is just over the top... all sugar, no flavor.

Hot dogs. Just don't understand the appeal of something you can get literally anywhere else super easily. I think it's also the fact that they cost like $9.

Also, I know this will be heresy, but the hand scooped ice cream at Gibson Girl and Clarabellles. It's just Dreyers. It's literally nothing special. I only get ice cream sundaeas at Ghirardelli or the Cozy Cone/Adorable Snowman (if I want soft serve).

I kind of agree with hot dogs, but it's a time/place thing for me...sometimes, it's nice eating something that won't make a mess and you can eat while walking. Corndogs though... I'll wait in line for that. Memories of childhood county fairs.

Agree with ice cream. Especially with a Salt & Straw in DtD, I just can't bring myself to eat inferior ice cream.

Burgers. Never had a good burger in the park. Lol. I stick to DTD for a good burger.

Agree here, in-park burgers are pretty bad. I almost gave up on the entire DLR resort until I discovered Craftsman Grill (former Whitewater snacks) inside GCH and their cheeseburger (and artichoke aioili, mmmm). But same with ice cream, DtD has much better options.

For me, at least, when you get to a certain metabolism in life, you just look at something and go "is this worth the sugar/calories?" :rotfl2:

Oh man, I forgot about these two places when considering the burger situation. I think both times at LLL, out of fear of being disappointed (FOBD? hah) I ordered the lobster nachos + steak on top. I might have to venture out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter