Food & Wine RunDisney 5K Location and Basic Info

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

DH and I are registered to run the 5K Alice in Wonderland race in November. We are doing this for the first time. I just logged into my RunDisney account to see what information is there, and I don't really see any information about the race. Where will the 5k race be? I saw something mentioned about a need for a pass to pick up our race packets at the Expo, and I'm wondering if our passes will be mailed to us? How does this work?

This will be our first race ever, not to mention our first race at Disney, so we have no idea what to expect. Any info about the 5K race course and it's location, and what we need to pick up before the race would be awesome.

Thanks so much!

The race will almost certainly be in Epcot. You’ll find out for sure a week (or maybe 2) before the race. You will receive your expo pass in your runDisney account. Since the 5K is on Friday, you’ll need to plan go to the expo on Thursday to get your bibs and shirt, and while you’re there, you can shop for official race weekend merchandise if you want to, as well as shop from all sort of non-Disney vendors.

@Naomeri thank you so much for this info! What time of day should we plan to go to the Expo on Thursday? Early? Sometime in the morning? Afternoon?

@Naomeri thank you so much for this info! What time of day should we plan to go to the Expo on Thursday? Early? Sometime in the morning? Afternoon?
If you want to buy runDisney-branded merchandise, you’ll need to go early in the morning because it tends to sell out. If you don’t, then mid-afternoon is usually a good time without large crowds and lines.

If buying official race merchandise is important to you, go early. If not, go in the afternoon so You miss the initial rush and won't have to fight the crowd.

As an aside: are they not using the VQ for merch this year at w&d? Because if they are, and explanation of that process would be good for the OP so they don’t get stuck there waiting for their group to be called.

If you want to buy runDisney-branded merchandise, you’ll need to go early in the morning because it tends to sell out. If you don’t, then mid-afternoon is usually a good time without large crowds and lines.

If buying official race merchandise is important to you, go early. If not, go in the afternoon so You miss the initial rush and won't have to fight the crowd.

As an aside: are they not using the VQ for merch this year at w&d? Because if they are, and explanation of that process would be good for the OP so they don’t get stuck there waiting for their group to be called.
I am assuming they will keep the day 1 VQ for branded merch though I assume that will be officially confirmed or denied when the guide releases

Race most likely will be run through Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter