Food & Wine Festival at Epcot - DDP?

You can use your snack credit for the food samples, I did this last year. I ate very well that day... and rolled out of Epcot. :)

Upon check in last October we were given a second, special brochure, in additition to the main Dining Plan brochure, which stated that we could use our snack credits for food at the booths at the festival.
They mananged it in the same manner that the snack carts do. Each included item had a "DDP" icon next to it.
That said, I do not think any food items were excluded. We had a great time and we were really surprised and pleased.

Daisysmom said:
How do you use your DDP credits for "tasting"? Can anyone advise? thx!

You say, "I'd like to order X food and pay with a snack credit."

If you also order an wine or beer tasting, the CM will snippily reply every single time, "you can't use the dining plan for the wine". Then you will sweetly reply, "yes, I know, I'd like to pay for the wine with room charge/cash". Then you'll wait while they ring up the snack on the DDP and the drink on room charge, sign both receipts, and go on your merry way.

After a few wine tastings, none of this will annoy you anymore...

At least, that was my experience last fall.

And just so you know, the tastings are small portion sizes that cost anywhere from $1-like $4. Some are far more worth it than others ;)

I have no idea what is in store for us this year, but last year it was so good in Ireland. The potato leek soup was heavenly on our cold, rainy day. Dh got a huge piece of salmon there, too. Other highlights:

Chicken and Peach Salsa Wrap $3.00
Quesadilla con Pollo y Chorizo - Chorizo and Chicken Quesadilla $3.50
(this was probably my favorite dish in the entire F&WF) - wish I would have skipped the chilaquiles, we got a chunk of bone in ours.
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Irish Whiskey Sauce $2.00
O'Mara's Irish Cream $3.00
Bunratty Meade Honey Wine $3.25
Guinness $3.00/$5.75
Potstickers in China were okay - REAAALLY hot, though (temperature)
Peach Blossom Oolong Ice Tea $2.50
Shrimp on the Barbie $4.00 (NOT a highlight - made us sick, not kept hot enough and was very fishy - DH ate it and the next day paid for it)
Aussie Lamb with Caramelized Onions and Polenta $4.00 (good!)
Aussie Beef Tenderloin on a skewer $3.75 ('tenderloin' is questionable - it was rather tough for being true tenderloin - maaaybe tips)
German Weinkraut and Sausage $3.00
Traditional Apple Strudel $2.00
Baked Ziti Carbonara with Pancetta $3.50 (not great - very rich, sauce was thick and pastey)
Sicilian Pepperoni Pizza with Olive Crust $3.00 (eh)
Chocolate Covered Cannoli $2.25 (delicious)
Caldirola Moscato Spumante $5.00 (wonderful!)
Spicy Tuna Roll $3.25
Tokyo Sushi Roll $3.00
Samosa - curried vegetable pocket with tamarind chutney $2.50 (YUCK)
Hummus with Pita $1.50 (great)
Lemon Chicken $3.00 (mediocre)
Beef Shish Kabob $3.75 (not good at all)
Pistachio Baklava $2.00 (eh - preferred the real baklava)
Escargot Provencal $3.25 (DH said the sauce was amazing)
Chocolate Creme Brulee $2.50 (kids still talk about this)

That was as far as we made it. We were all full and soaked to our undies by this point, despite the ponchos. :) We have budgeted 24 of our snack credits for the F&WF. I bring cash for the rest - and change - it's nice to not have to stand and wait for your card to be scanned. :)

Wow, I had no idea the tastings would be so good! I will definitely save lots of snack credits for our day at Epcot on 9/30!! thanks!

We used a few snack credits for food tasting and it was fun. We would each get something different and try it. It is a nice way to use your snack credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter