Food Trucks at the Boardwalk.

Regardless of the cleanliness, it’s just that I don’t expect the same thing from Disney that I can get at my local county fair.
The thing for me is that for one person it’s tacky, distasteful and lazy and for another it’s nostalgic and fun and different from everything they’ve always done. I don’t personally want another mediocre QS, especially not at the boardwalk. I like that it’s partially thematic and can be changed out if it’s not popular or the food isn’t great. And ultimately I think they can do both. They can have these trucks there as an addition to the existing offerings while they build and replace the options they took away. Is it better they put nothing in its place while we wait for them to build something new?

Probably, but that’s the type of venue I would expect to have food trucks.
I was assuming you had personal experience, since you have zero idea regarding the trucks we’re talking about. But, it’s cool, I’ll leave you to your disappointment over the diminishment of what you appear to consider better cuisine in the form of pedestrian Disney resort quick service.

I was assuming you had personal experience, since you have zero idea regarding the trucks we’re talking about.
It truly doesn’t matter. I have already stated that I actually like food trucks, but imo it’s just not the Disney experience.

I want a place to relax with a craft beer and watch the Red Sox amongst a bunch of like minded people.
If I want a truly nice dinner, I will continue walking to Shula’s.

I was assuming you had personal experience, since you have zero idea regarding the trucks we’re talking about. But, it’s cool, I’ll leave you to your disappointment over the diminishment of what you appear to consider better cuisine in the form of pedestrian Disney resort quick service.
And I guess your first sentence was suppose to be some sort of dig?? Not sure.

To answer your question, yes, I enjoy watching tractor pulls and the mud buggies.

Beverly Hills Food Trucks

Unless your county fair has Armani, Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Jaeger-LeCoutre and Cartier booths, you’ll likely not see the type of food trucks most of us are talking about.

Checked out the link and I'm familiar with Cousins here on the East Coast. Didn't know they were also on the West. I'd get a lobster roll and chowder from them if they showed up on the Boardwalk. In fact I hope they do. Last fall they were at a local winery several times and we enjoyed them there.

Having eaten at Big River several times, I'd say no big loss, but would be nice to see something else in the space sooner rather than later.

I haven’t seen mentioned yet in this thread the truck operating hours. On other threads the sign at the truck said 11am-4pm. How useful does that seem?

Food trucks are no different than some guy selling you food out of his car. Lipstick on a pig, but in the end they are a sign of decline, not progress. They are lazy and cheap, but Disney doesn’t give you a discount on their sloppy food truck food. They charge as if you have a table inside an air conditioned building. Disney is communicating to their customers how little they think of us. We will serve you overpriced junk out of a truck and you will over pay for the privilege of eating it on the ground or on the top of a garbage can like an animal. Calling it “gourmet street cuisine” is just marketing. It’s not reality.
How do you feel about all of the food kiosks in Epcot? They're basically food trucks without wheels.

I want a place to relax with a craft beer and watch the Red Sox amongst a bunch of like minded people
I guess we really want different things from our Disney experience. I’d rather grab some quick food that’s not chicken fingers and sit at one of the Boardwalk tables and watch the live entertainment they offer. If I wanted to watch a game and have a craft beer I wouldn’t be at Disney. I guess that’s the point of all this, not every move Disney makes will make every single person happy or give them the experience they want but what doesn’t work for you will definitely for others, and vice versa. And not every move Disney makes has to be taken as negatively just because it doesn’t suit what you want.

Love the people. Food trucks bad, yet they walk around Epcot eating food from the little Kiosks ( a moveable shack, about the same size as a food truck) and enjoy the experience. I like the BW area but it lacks a decent QS and a place to eat indoors. Out of the heat and rain.

For those who don't like and don't eat 'bar food', it's no loss - for those that do like that option - it's painful because Boardwalk once had two such options and now has none.

Food trucks are great, in my opinion - but there are quite a few things they can't 'replace' - who knows if Disney will keep the outside tables where Big River was, but likely not - the food trucks usually just have stand-up tables set up around them - someone looking for a restaurant to sit down, in the air conditioning, have a waiter refilling drinks, etc - a food truck is not equivalent.

The fact that the food truck hours seem to be for lunch only means at dinner time or after park hours, means there are no options at all in the evening.

I'm not 100% sure if the food trucks will all be fully compatible with Disney's pay system or not - hopefully they will because many people head out with nothing but a Magic Band and don't bring cash or credit cards.

The sports-bar concept is something a lot of people enjoy - beers and drinks, lots of TVs playing various sports, and comfort foods/appetizers rather than healthy fare or high-end chef creations. Even some of us who love a good 5-star restaurant and excellent service may not want that every night - so mixing in a relaxed sports bar one night is a great option.

Food trucks by their nature are a 'temporary' solution - they're not there all the time, there's no seating or wait service, and they usually have limited hours and limited supplies. Now if they were to park several food trucks on the Boardwalk, leave them there 11am to 11pm, have supplies brought out to the truck from nearby refrigerators, keep the indoor seating area of Big River open for use by the food truck patrons, and allow you to place an order and sit with a beeper and have wait staff bring the food to your table...then maybe that really could be a replacement for ESPN or Big River.

Especially lately, Disney has plenty of QS options, plenty of healthy fare, and plenty of mid to higher-end sit down restaurants. One thing it has lacking now is sports bar restaurants - as far as I can think, only three remain in two locations: Rix at Coronado, and City Works, and Splitsville at Disney Springs. Just a few years ago, Boardwalk had two.

Regardless of the cleanliness, it’s just that I don’t expect the same thing from Disney that I can get at my local county fair.

That is fine but it’s also okay that some people don’t see them negatively

And, I do think that the loss of another sit down option is not great and hopefully they will find something to add.

But, in the meantime, it will be nice to have something.

Likely something better than the dog food they served at Big River Grille. Since these aren’t construction site roach coaches, and they are only temporary, I’m glad to see some potentially new food experiences on the Boardwalk. ESPN was ok to watch a game, but the food there was terrible too.
I have a feeling that the food trucks ‘length of stay’ will depend on your definition of temporary ….

And I guess your first sentence was suppose to be some sort of dig?? Not sure.

To answer your question, yes, I enjoy watching tractor pulls and the mud buggies.
I’m sure the tacos and foot longs that these food trucks will put out will be signature dining …. I’ll take ESPN back please

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter