Food sharing on Deluxe Dining Plan - is it enough?

OP wasn’t talking about just sharing, but getting 3 adult meals and only paying for one. That’s what I think is causing problems with the plan. People were posting on other sites that they put one adult with three or four kids in one room and get the deluxe plan, and they use adult credits for four adults in another room. That’s different than a husband and wife or mother and daughter sharing a meal!

Reactions: cm8
OP wasn’t talking about just sharing, but getting 3 adult meals and only paying for one. That’s what I think is causing problems with the plan. People were posting on other sites that they put one adult with three or four kids in one room and get the deluxe plan, and they use adult credits for four adults in another room. That’s different than a husband and wife or mother and daughter sharing a meal!

True and people have been doing this since Disney took OFF the wording that prevented sharing in the past. AND all the reports of not being allowed to use credits on people not on the plan have been adults using adult credits for other adults. I've not seen one report (yet) of those trying to use kids credits for adults not being allowed to do so. In fact, there have been many reports even since the "sharing not allowed" posts started of guests still being encouraged to use their child credits for adult meals by restaurant staff.

True and people have been doing this since Disney took OFF the wording that prevented sharing in the past. AND all the reports of not being allowed to use credits on people not on the plan have been adults using adult credits for other adults. I've not seen one report (yet) of those trying to use kids credits for adults not being allowed to do so. In fact, there have been many reports even since the "sharing not allowed" posts started of guests still being encouraged to use their child credits for adult meals by restaurant staff.
I have to think Disney would be all over that. Adult price for deluxe dining plan is 116.25 per person (age 10 and over) per day. Children 9 and under are 43.49 a day. I can't imagine they'd leave open a loophole where adults could get 3 table service meals a day for $43.49.

Reactions: cm8
I have to think Disney would be all over that. Adult price for deluxe dining plan is 116.25 per person (age 10 and over) per day. Children 9 and under are 43.49 a day. I can't imagine they'd leave open a loophole where adults could get 3 table service meals a day for $43.49.

You would think so, but it's been going on for about three years now. I know it's not as much of a loss, but the QSDP is the same way. You pay a little less than $24 for the kid's plan. It's fairly easy to spend $18-20 on just one adult meal, so they're losing the cost of the other meal and at least one snack on those who don't adhere to the "kid's must order from a kid's menu where available." Disney isn't enforcing it, so until they do, people will and should keep saving the money they can.

One poster said she would make up a room full of kids with one adult so she could pay kids’ deluxe rate. She said if you don’t have a package and buy your own tickets then you could feed four adults for the children’s price Guess there will always be people who outsmart the system. But it’s upsetting when you just want to treat a friend or family member and you can’t when you are spending top dollar on a dinjbg plan.

You would think so, but it's been going on for about three years now. I know it's not as much of a loss, but the QSDP is the same way. You pay a little less than $24 for the kid's plan. It's fairly easy to spend $18-20 on just one adult meal, so they're losing the cost of the other meal and at least one snack on those who don't adhere to the "kid's must order from a kid's menu where available." Disney isn't enforcing it, so until they do, people will and should keep saving the money they can.

My son just turned 11, but at age 8 and 9 on the DxDP he often ordered off of the adult menu and it was usually encouraged by the server. I know this "loophole" has been beaten to death on these boards, but IMO, the reality is nothing is going to change as far as getting adult meals with a DxDP credit (or QS credit on the regular or QSDP) until Disney makes a system change to differentiate between the adult and child credits, like they do on the regular DDP TS credits. If they really wanted to do this (i.e. if it was a change easy/cheap enough to make), they likely would've done it by now.

I can see w a server would want children to order off the adult menu - more tip for them! But it doesn't make sense if you are a company wanting to make a profit. Why not have everyone just pay for kids meals then or why even differentiate between the two plans and just have one price for all?

I can see w a server would want children to order off the adult menu - more tip for them! But it doesn't make sense if you are a company wanting to make a profit. Why not have everyone just pay for kids meals then or why even differentiate between the two plans and just have one price for all?

I agree, servers definitely benefit from allowing this to happen. I think the answer to your question is the cost/time to implement the system change needed doesn't have a strong enough business case (i.e. they aren't losing enough with the loophole). They could just try enforcing it at a policy level with each individual restaurant/server, but again they choose not to. The only conclusion I can make is the company just doesn't see this as a big enough issue to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter