• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food Reviews for the whole trip- All in one post!

kristenhh

Why can't we go to DL for EVERY vacation?
We were there from 4/30-5/9 staying at the AofA. I love reading about the food, so I have made a quick summary of our experiences:

Landscape of Flavors (AofA Food Court)

Breakfasts- The only really decent breakfast we had here was the made to order omelette. The French toast was not really hot, the pancakes weren’t great, the sausages were dry, etc. I think my son also had the Breakfast burger, and he enjoyed that.

Lunch/Dinner- These were pretty good. Our favorite was the make your own pasta- it was really good, and big enough to feed 2 adults. We also liked the Butter chicken with choice of sides and Naan bread. The make your own burger was also pretty decent. They had a lot of variety which we enjoyed.

Fairfax Faire (DHS)

We had the ribs and chicken here. They were pretty good, but never in my life have I seen that much BBQ sauce added to ribs. We were a mess after eating here- it was a little crazy.

Starring Rolls (DHS)

I have a sushi loving son, so we stopped here on the way to the Fairfax Faire. He got the spicy rolls, which he said were just okay. (We later discovered they have the same sushi packages at the Landscape of Flavors- he had the California roll which he said was much better.) But he did get the Butterfinger’s cupcake which was AMAZING- thank goodness he could not eat it all… I would definitely come back for the cupcakes- my daughter is making her way through all of them during her DCP. So far the winner is the Butterfingers.

BOG Breakfast (MK)

I went back and forth debating where I should get the Croissant Donut breakfast, because it was really dessert with no protein. But then I decided, “Hey it’s vacation!” and thank goodness because every bite was out of this world fantastic. My husband had the open face sandwich, which he would have liked better if it was hot or even warm. I was nice and shared a bit of mine- but only a little. My DCP daughter had come here the day before opening to test it out, and had raved about the pastry basket that came with the breakfast. However, most of them were just okay. I would NOT pay $20 to eat here, if I was paying OOP, but we had the QS dining plan, so it didn’t hurt so much. AND, our reservation was 5 minutes after park opening, so they let us in early- and before we checked in, we got in line for the Mine Train (on the first Train of the day), and then checked in for breakfast, so it was Win-Win!

La Cantina de San Angel (Epcot)

Between us (there were 6 of us) we had every entrée they had. We enjoyed them all along with churros. Also, if you are looking for a different drink, you can order a Mexican soda- one of the girls had a pineapple one she enjoyed. My favorite was the Empanadas con queso. They were really good. We also really liked the Tacos de Barbacoa and the chicken plate. I tried everything except the nachos –they looked like regular nachos- my boys liked them. We would definitely eat here again.

Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD)

My only regret here (as always) is that I did not eat here more… It was so good. We had pizzas, meatloaf, pasta, a sandwich, and cheesecake and crème brulees for dessert. This time the cheesecake won for tastiness, but every single entrée was fabulous. We also ordered some sweet potato fries that were excellent. Take the time to go here. I am not kidding. Unless you hate good food. Then don’t.

Citricos (Grand Floridian)

My daughter works here as part of the Disney College Program, so we wanted to try her restaurant. They were so kind to us, and even had special menus printed up! For appetizers we had the pork belly and the rock shrimp. I was not blown away by either dish. Maybe it is just me… For entrees we had the Veal Chop, the Braised short ribs, and the Filet Mignon. As I had bites of all of them, the clear winner was my husband’s braised short ribs. They were so good. My entrée was the Filet- I am a sucker for steak. It was good, but not Le Cellier good. Also the Veal chop was good. If I went back, it would be the braised short ribs all the way. For dessert they brought us a lovely dessert platter that had all their desserts on it. It was really fun to share. The staff was great and I was happy to see my daughter worked with nice people.

Sunshine Seasons (Epcot)

This is a good place because they have a lot of variety, and great desserts to choose from. I don’t think this time anyone had a fantastic meal- it was good though, and we enjoyed the strawberry shortcake. I had the pork chop, which was fine- but the sauce they put on it was excellent – ask for extra. They also had apple juice on tap with the sodas which was nice. I wouldn’t go out of my way to go here- but it is a good meal.

Tangierine Café (Epcot)

I had always wanted to try this place, and we finally did. My DCP daughter had been several times and highly recommended it. She was not wrong. We had chicken and lamb platters and they were all excellent, as well as the baklava for dessert. Really these platters could feed 2 people. Also there was a flock of teenage ducks that they could not keep out of the restaurant. They were fun to watch. I would definitely recommend this place.

BOG Lunch (MK)

Despite the long line and trying to merge our 2 reservations (we had 8 people now- joined by my father-in-law and sister-in-law), it was worth the wait. Wow, it felt like a full service meal and was huge, despite being a quick service place for lunch. My husband had the French onion soup. It looked pale and like it wouldn’t have much flavor- but looks were deceiving- it was really good. Most of us had the braised pork, which was served with green beans and mashed potatoes. It was truly excellent. Every bit. And it was a huge portion. Some in our party also had the roast beef sandwich (he liked it) and others had the Croque Monsieur, which was fancy grilled cheese sandwich- they also liked it. Okay on to dessert. Many of us had the Master’s cupcake- it lived up to the hype. I loved it. It was not very big, which was okay after all the pork- which I couldn’t finish. Some also had the lemon and the orange éclair. They were good too, but the Master’s cupcake was the winner to me- I snuck bites.

Ohana (Polynesian)

This is a family favorite, and it was still good, but not over the top great like the last time. We really liked the wings, the pot stickers, and the noodles. The meat that came on skewers was also good, and as always, the bread pudding was awesome. It just wasn’t quite as good as last time- but still good. Also our service was really slow and unresponsive. The only thing I don’t like about this restaurant is the loud singer who goes around- there was a speaker right over our table and it was way too loud. I’m sure we will return.

Earl of Sandwich (DTD)

I had a good sandwich, but this is not a good use of a QS credit. Next time I would pay OOP, or better yet, eat at WPE. They let you have a prepackaged dessert (none looked great) or a small bag of chips. Most other restaurants come with a side. There were 4 of us here, and we had The Original and The Full Montagu. The sandwiches were good, but I kept wishing I was at WPE. Next time I will know.

Le Cellier (Epcot)

I must start by saying this is my favorite restaurant in the world. Not Disneyworld, the entire world. So this will not be that objective. However, since my first wonderful meal there, every time I go back I prepare myself that it cannot possibly be perfect every time. (I have the mushroom Filet Mignon). And yet every time, I have never been disappointed. Maybe I am lucky. I considered licking my plate to get every last juice- although by the end, it looked licked clean. The 2 people in our party of 8 who didn’t get the mushroom Filet, had a fine meal, but as always, they should have listened to me! My FIL got their other steak, and didn’t even eat much- if he’d gotten the filet- we would have finished it for him! And the mushroom risotto? Heavenly. We also asked for extra truffle butter, and ate it up too. Also the bread was nice and hot, and the maple butter was lovely too. Am I a fan? You bet. If I could only do one meal- this would be it.

Boma (AKL)

This is another family favorite, and we enjoyed it. It is a different kind of buffet, which is nice. Those who want plain- can have meat from the carving station. Those who want to be adventurous have many things to choose from. We really enjoyed the soups and meats this time. Last time I had fabulous bread pudding here, sadly there was none this time. The desserts were the only thing lacking…sorry Zebra Dome lovers…we don’t love them. It was also nice to get their Jungle Juice instead of soda for a drink. And I always love seeing the Animal Kingdom Lodge and sitting in a comfy chair in the lobby- they don’t have those at the value resorts!

Thank you! I enjoyed reading a the reviews at once. We are staying at aoa so the food court info is great!

Now I am really excited for our BOG lunch!! And now on our off days will have to hit up WPE! Great reviews:)

Thanks for posting! A neat little dining report...I was esp interested in the BOG lunch. We managed to snag a ressie for Nov. I can't wait to try it!

I thought they took off the Mushroom Fillet at Le Cellier!

I enjoyed your reviews, thank you for posting

Thank you for your reviews! Lots of great options!

They call it Le Cellier Filet Mignon I believe. It was there!

Thank you for the reviews. I can't decide between Ohana or Boma. I know it's 2 different styles but I'm having a tough time choosing. We are doing AK that day and do we want to travel to eat or eat near....

I really like these one post reviews. WPE is my favorite too. I don't know how they stay so good every single time. It's a dining miracle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter