Food in a Studio

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
We will be staying for the first time with DVC in a studio at OKW and SSR. What are some fun food ideas you have done for breakfast or lunch that you can do with the materials in the kitchenette?

So far, we just have cereal or bagels for breakfast.

Thanks!

We typically do studio trips. I recommend buying 1/2 gal of milk because that will fit in the fridge. My other recommednation is making sure the fridge is on when you enter the room ( plugged in and the dial set in the door for the freezer). The freezer is tiny but you can make ice in it usually if you bring an ice tray ( we have them in our Owner's Locker). Depending on where the room is there can be a hike to the vending room for ice. It is wide enough to freeze water bottles lying on their side. We typically do not eat "meals" in the room. We munch on cheese and crackers, chips, Fruit, M&Ms, popcorn...and awesome leftovers. We stay at AKV and enjoy Jikos and Boma, when they are open.

We made instant oatmeal. If you're driving, pre boil some eggs and those make a great protein. We've also made scrambled eggs in the microwave. A little butter and stop every 20 seconds to stir. The first time my husband did this I was super skeptical but they were fine.

We usually do studio stays.
Breakfast for us is eggs and toast and oatmeal (not instant)
Then if needed at the end protein bars.
Been here since the first and our last day is tomorrow. First time for a protein bar.

Lunches or dinners (we're usually out for lunch) is sandwiches. This time salami, Turkey and cheese.
Cans....soups and chili.
Tonight will be the first time we're out and it will likely be popcorn.

Instant grits in various flavors. Microwave eggs with bacon bits and shredded cheese, roll in tortillas, guacamole, salsa.

I only rustle up toast with butter, or crackers and philadelphia cheese, not gourmet dining that's for sure.

Scrambled eggs in the micro with butter and milk, grilled cheese in the toaster, baked potato in the micro with butter and cheese

Scrambled eggs in the micro with butter and milk, grilled cheese in the toaster, baked potato in the micro with butter and cheese
I’m interested in how you do grilled cheese in the toaster. Do you just toast the bread and then put the cheese on afterwards?

Toast the bread, add cheese, microwave until the cheese melts. EAT, not bad, but not as good as in a fry pan.

We like toasted english muffins with ham and cheese for breakfast. Yogurt. For lunches things you can pick at like cheese, crackers, sausage, mini carrots, hummus and tzatziki sauce with naan bread.

I think the toaster bag is for the microwave, to 'toast' the contents. I never tried them, I can do fine with toasted bread, add cheese in melt in the micro wave about 10 seconds.

Quite easily, we've been doing it for years in studios.we buy the bread and cheese slices in the resort shop.
So I take it the toaster has extra wide toasting compartments. That’s good to know about the resort market having the needed supplies. I love grilled cheese. My DH not so much but we can figure out something else for him. Haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter