Food Budgets - What was yours - how long?

"ETA: That hurts to type out lol."

Yes it does doesn't it haha... I think any change from $6k will be a bonus (4x adults, 15days)... must not think about it, must not think about it, must not think about it haha :-)I
This is why i started the thread - i am not sure that people really know how much it will cost and end up with huge sticker shock. I would personally rather know that not...

This is why i started the thread - i am not sure that people really know how much it will cost and end up with huge sticker shock. I would personally rather know that not...
oh of course, better to be pre-armed with the knowledge! :-)

This is now and forever a math exercise. I have friends that budget $30 per day and some that will spend $1000 on one meal. No one but you knows how you plan on dining. I always suggest setting up a spreadsheet and doing the math. Same w dining plans. Every family has their own dining style. If you factor in alcohol huge difference. Do the math.

We do breakfast in the room, and then one quick service and one table service per day. It's my sister and I that go, we also like to have a few glasses of wine at the table service. We typically share quick service and snacks. We probably spend about $250 per day. Some days will be less some more, if our table service is California Grill it will be a higher day, if it's 50's Primetime it will be less. May be a little less this trip, we have one club room at Universal one day, plan to do most of our eating at the lounge, we have two Christmas parties and a dessert party, probably won't spend as much those days, we have a VIP tour one day, so no table service that day. I would ballpark it at likely around $3000.

It depends on the trip! We typically try to only eat at one quick service place per day, with some extra snacks, and we’ll eat at one table service place per trip. If we’re staying longer or it’s a special occasion then we might eat at more table service places or a more expensive option. If we’re at EPCOT, however, then the food budget tends to fly right out the window because of all of the food at the world showcase!

this was what I figured it would be... 4x $100 per day x 15 days = $6k
If we were doing 2 week stays, I'd definitely be eating a little differently...and mixing it up with a lot of counter service, lol. We only go for 7 nights, and friends of mine think I'm insane for spending over $3k for a week of eating.

Out of curiosity I ran the numbers for my last trip. 2 adults, 8 nights/9 park days = $2122 on food and alcohol. So about $133/person/night or $118/person/day depending on how you break it out. Honestly, most of it was probably the alcohol, which is crazy expensive at WDW.

Our only signature meal was Tiffins. We ate a lot at lounges and F&G food booths. We brought breakfast bars, but aside from that it was all WDW restaurants.

I also ran the numbers from our last trip - 2 young-ish adults, social drinkers with a lot of drinks and lounges on our bucket list! We spent about $4500 outside of the resort/ticket package and below is everything we did - I feel like we got a lot for the $4500 we spent!

*Editing to add - this was 9 days!

Table Service/Signatures (2 drinks each per meal):
Steakhouse 71
Sanaa
Il Mulino
Raglan Road
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's
California Grill
Mama Melrose
Space 220
Morimoto Asia - ordered Wagyu!
Paddlefish

Quick Service:
Reagle Eagle
Pinocchio Village
Cosmic Ray's
Restaurantosaurus

Bars/Lounges - Typically 1-2 drinks, maybe a snack.
Geyser Point
Oga's Cantina
Outer Rim
Victoria Falls x 3 (we were staying at AKL)
Sanaa Lounge
Nomad's Lounge
Tambu Lounge
Trader Sams
Rose and Crown x alot (fiancé is a big fan of Guiness lol)
Wine in Italy
Wine in France
La Cava De Tequila
Bar Riva
Crew's Cup
Enzo's Hideaway
Jock Lindsay's
Wine Bar George

Extras
12 ILL selections
1 round of golf at the Palm
1 round of golf at the Magnolia
1 spirit jersey
1 plush animal
1 sweatshirt
2 ponchos
4 items from Palm/Magnolia Pro Shop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter