Food at the trading posts?

I don't have a list, but just from the prices I already saw while there last week, You would probably be better off calling a service like Garden Grocer (or similar) to have it delivered unless you only needed a couple of items (Milk or bread or similar.)

There is no doubt that if you are looking to "stock" for a camping trip then getting from off-site vendors like Garden Grocer is without a doubt the way to go. If you are just needing a few items like bread or ham, then the Meadows is fine.

I don't have a list, but as I can recall from prior inspections of prices I think I would have gone broke just writing them down.

On our last trip, we were in the meadows shopping (well, she was shopping.... I was around to bobble my head at her questions/comments on things). I happened to walk by the cooler and recalled that our Milk was running low. Because of the refrigerator's size, I am forced to get "Half Gallon" size. I looked over in the cooler and the half gallon was MORE then I pay for a FULL gallon at home. I actually ended up buying milk at a 7-eleven cheaper then the meadows (and got some needed gas to boot).

I guess this is the cost of vacationing. :charac2:

Just looked at the prices...ouch...we will definitely stop elsewhere and bring our own stuff!

We just arrived here two hours ago (first time at Cabins and at WDW), and dropped $70 on two half-gallons of milk ($3.69 each), marshmallows ($3), graham crackers ($6.95), and three regular-size Hershey bars ($2.29 each) plus some souvenirs (one FW pin, pin locks, and a reusable Christmas Mickey shopping bag) and the Purchase With Purchase throw, so we got 10% off all of it using our Disney Visa.
We brought other items, but the above are things that would have melted or gone bad, except the graham crackers, I guess. Is it normal for almost all the milk to be almost at its Best Buy date? I had to get whole milk to get something that had a week left.
I will have to go back for a couple of gallons of water as the tap water here tastes nothing like the tap water we drank at Universal (HRH and both parks) over the last 48 hours. Do all WDW drinking fountains and faucets taste like Fort water?

The only time we drink the water at the Fort is in the morning for coffee or tea, the rest is bottled water.

The only time we drink the water at the Fort is in the morning for coffee or tea, the rest is bottled water.

Ditto me too, tigerlilly. We drink bottled water while we are at Disney but we do cook with the local stuff.

I would also offer a suggestion to check out the former Hess/now Speedway gas stations on property for minor grocery items at somewhat more reasonable prices. There are 3 of them (on the way out from the MK parking lot, across from DHS, and across from Disney Springs just past Typhoon Lagoon). They are the middle choice between shopping at the Trading Posts and going off property to a grocery store.

Bama Ed

PS - I can personally report their beer prices were reasonable. :drinking1

Last edited:
I use the Fort Water for Cooking, Cleaning and Coffee. We bring bottled water too.

I also have a Water filter on the line so it helps with the "Taste" of the water too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter