Food at the Mercantile at Wildness Lodge

My entire life once we've opened a stick of butter it's remained unrefrigerated in a covered container. How do you spread it if you always refrigerate it?
Take a small portion that you will use out. It can sit for up to two hours, but usually takes less than 10 minutes to get soft.

As you posted earlier.
I do realize there are different opinions on this. Same with eggs actually.

It’s just not worth a back and forth on a Disney forum, so I will just drop it on my end.

On a side note, I much prefer cream cheese over butter!!

Butter..?? I wouldn’t. That can’t be unrefrigerated for that long.
sorry wrong, it has sat on my counter in my house since I was born. Never an issue. That is why they have covered butter dishes. Much like ketchup does not need to go in fridge.
This could be a whole thread on what needs to be and not in a fridge.:sunny:
Not argumentative, just what people are used to

I agree with others that are of the opinion that butter does not need to be refrigerated, now my son on the other hand would disagree with me. To each his own. So far I have never gotten sick from my unrefrigerated butter. I guess if you left it out long enough it could/would go rancid....

I actually, hand churn my own butter and leave it on my counted top. My only reason for freezing it is not it does not just turn in a gooey mess. I'll bring stick butter lol, not my hand churned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter