Food at the Mercantile at Wildness Lodge

Anna114

Pluto Rocks!
Am I losing my mind? I just looked at the grocery list for the Mercantile. I can't find english muffins or butter on the list. Have things changed that much in a year or do they just not put everything that is available. I headed down with my son in September for his 24th birthday. I need to off set his appetite a little. Anybody that's there recently could advise me so I will know if I need to go to garden grocer? Thanks!

We purchased some stick butter there a few days ago, so they have that for sure. I'm also thinking I saw english muffins but I'm not 100% positive about that. They do have a small assortment of bread and hamburger/hot dog rolls. Good luck!

Thanks. I think I will pack what I need. I went on garden grocer, they wanted about $8 for a lb of butter and $6 for English muffins. I am not cheap in any way shape or form, but that legalized robbery LOL

You didn't ask, but the bacon is 8 oz. raw bacon. I don't like the precooked, I like the raw, and cook it crisp.
I think I saw English muffins too, but did not notice butter. Don't forget to show your DVC card for 10% off.

I have a small inexpensive cooler that I use for small things like butter, cream cheese, lime for hubby's drink etc., I put an ice pack in cooler to keep it all nice and cold. You can fit this in your suitcase and put a pack of English muffins in plastic zip lock bag that can also be placed in suitcase...I used to pack our 2nd suitcase with items for the room rather then having to make a grocery store stop.

We stayed at WL in late April and I was a bit underwhelmed with the food choices in the store. Not that it mattered that much because we didn’t have a long stay. We’re back there again at BRV on Friday 😄 and I opted to order a few things from Garden Grocer.

We stayed there in June. And better than the English muffins, they had white powdered donuts. They also had an assortment of donuts and coffee rolls down the hallway. Just get those instead.

Plus they had beer in the Mercantile. Washed down the donuts really well. One night, I had a few too many at the Geyser Point and I woke up still a little buzzed. But I got the donuts and the Bud Light and then hit the Animal Kingdom like a champion. I wish they had a little better beer than Bud Light and Yuengling, maybe some Cigar City, at least. But beggars can’t be choosers, ya know?

So all you need is some peace and love and don’t worry so much about the English muffins. It’ll all be fine, no matter what. I promise. Don’t let English muffins ruin your trip.

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Not having an English def. won't ruin my trip. I just don't love the breakfast choices at Roaring Forks. I just prefer a cup of tea and an English muffin. My son and I are only staying at VWL for 3 nights then we head over to Port Orleans Riverside. I don't want to use GG since we are staying in a studio. Thanks again for taking the time to give me feedback.

Thanks. I think I will pack what I need. I went on garden grocer, they wanted about $8 for a lb of butter and $6 for English muffins. I am not cheap in any way shape or form, but that legalized robbery LOL
$6 for English muffins??? No, you are not 'being cheap', I would refuse to pay that also unless they are to be delivered to BRV in a carriage by the UK Royal family along with a thank you note to the USA for bailing 'em out of 2 wars :) (and an apology for 1776!)
-And don't get me started on the butter price! Whats the point of groceries that are as expensive as buying them in a restaurant? Sorry, but this is un-American. Maybe it's time to get some hamburger rolls and make your own "nooks & crannies"? (and YES, Pluto DOES rock ; )

Thanks everyone for the feed back. Not having an English def. won't ruin my trip. I just don't love the breakfast choices at Roaring Forks. I just prefer a cup of tea and an English muffin. My son and I are only staying at VWL for 3 nights then we head over to Port Orleans Riverside. I don't want to use GG since we are staying in a studio. Thanks again for taking the time to give me feedback.

Have a great trip! Best of luck to you for a magical time - the most magical yet!

I don't know why their order form is so shortened but they have pretty much the same items as all the DVC resorts including butter. I can't say for certain about English muffins as we always get bread instead.

I buy a shoe box at the dollar store and use it to keep English muffins and bagels from getting crushed in checked luggage. It doesn't take up much room.

I have a small inexpensive cooler that I use for small things like butter, cream cheese, lime for hubby's drink etc., I put an ice pack in cooler to keep it all nice and cold. You can fit this in your suitcase and put a pack of English muffins in plastic zip lock bag that can also be placed in suitcase...I used to pack our 2nd suitcase with items for the room rather then having to make a grocery store stop.

This is a great idea. I spent way too much money ordering from Garden Grocer last year and ended up sending 75% of it home with my brother in his car anyway. We really just want a few snacks or light breakfast items to keep us held over until we can get to a place to eat. I wouldn't even mind the extra suitcase because I can use it for souvenirs on the way home.

I've also brought butter, with me. I take a face towel, wet it, wrap it around frozen butter and put it in a ziploc bag. As long as I'm there when my luggage shows up by ME, I've never had a problem. Also, when my sons were younger. One of my suitcases was just snacks and such. I then used the empty suitcase for souvenirs. I know that's with some airlines it tough now but I only take one suitcase on Southwest so it works well.

I've also brought butter, with me. I take a face towel, wet it, wrap it around frozen butter and put it in a ziploc bag. As long as I'm there when my luggage shows up by ME, I've never had a problem. Also, when my sons were younger. One of my suitcases was just snacks and such. I then used the empty suitcase for souvenirs. I know that's with some airlines it tough now but I only take one suitcase on Southwest so it works well.
Butter..?? I wouldn’t. That can’t be unrefrigerated for that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter