Food at Bars along the Monorail

engle

DIS Veteran
DH and I are staying one night at BLT in May. We want to hit bars with food along the monorail, sort of like a progressive dinner/drink a thon. Besides the actual bars that serve some food, can you sit at the bar at Narcoosees or Citricos or any other restaurants and order from the menu? Has anyone done that?? Any other suggestions or ideas for fun along this route??

You can! My suggestion would be an appetizer and drink at the Wave Lounge or maybe California Grill's lounge if you can get in. After that, I'd get a roll at the Kona Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian, then finish with dessert at Narcoossee's bar. I know Citricos has some food at their bar but not the full menu.

If I don't have a ressie at Cali Grill, can I go up there for drinks? How does that work?

Your suggestions sound perfect...exactly what I was looking for!!

With the California Grill, it depends on how busy they are and when you get there. It's easier to get into the lounge without a reservation closer to opening. The nearer it gets to fireworks time, the less likely you'll be able to get up there. We have made a reservation and then asked to stay in the lounge instead of getting a table in the dining room.

You can also stop at The Grand Floridian and have drinks and appetizers at Mizner's Lounge, its a cozy place. We have also had drinks and apps at the bar right outside of O'Hana in the Polynesian and the Territory Lounge at The Wilderness Lodge. :thumbsup2

The reason I asked is because all other bars with food I can find menus for on this and other sites, but not for Mizners....

You can! My suggestion would be an appetizer and drink at the Wave Lounge or maybe California Grill's lounge if you can get in. After that, I'd get a roll at the Kona Island Sushi Bar at the Polynesian, then finish with dessert at Narcoossee's bar. I know Citricos has some food at their bar but not the full menu.

The Wave Lounge is so great! I love the atmosphere there. And it's usually not crazy busy.

The Wave Lounge is so great! I love the atmosphere there. And it's usually not crazy busy.

I think so too. I don't understand how the Wave's lounge is so ambient while the dining room is completely devoid of personality. Taking a meal in the lounge instead seems like a no-brainer.

DH and I are staying one night at BLT in May. We want to hit bars with food along the monorail . . .

1) Wait.
2) You mean they serve food at bars ???
3) After a martini with an olive and a scotch, you get 3-of-the-4 food groups.
4) Who needs food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter