Food and wine giftcards

There's a $200 gift card that comes with a lanyard and a medallion but it's not one of the wristband ones.
I wanted that one but decided against it since it's not a wrist card. I wish they'd do a wrist card version of the LE gift card.

Thats what I did. Charged it to my room. So much easier this way than carrying an extra 'thing' on your wrist. With the size of that card, its bound to irritate the crap outta me pretty quick.

Did you see the size of the card thats attached to your wrist? (see pic above). I dunno why anyone would want that card dangling from your wrist during F&W...if your not a disney resort guest then i get it. You have no choice. Its just so much easier for disney resort guests just to use your magic band. But hey, to each their own. :)

I stay at a Disney resort and always buy the wrist card. One reason is I don't charge to my MB, I'm well known for not remembering numbers so remembering a pin is out and I don't like to charge to my room. I pay off my room before I get there and don't want anything else on my CC. There have been times when the machines for the MB do not work so it's always smart to have at least a little cash or a cc with you at all times, even if you do charge to the MB. I haven't found it a bother to have it on my wrist, as a matter of fact I have forgotten I've even had it on half the time but I'm a watch and bracelet wearer so there is always something on my wrist.

Just wanted to also mention that for those who have an Apple Watch or an iPhone, the kiosks also accept ApplePay. Quick and easy, nothing extra to cary.

Thats what I did. Charged it to my room. So much easier this way than carrying an extra 'thing' on your wrist. With the size of that card, its bound to irritate the crap outta me pretty quick.

Did you see the size of the card thats attached to your wrist? (see pic above). I dunno why anyone would want that card dangling from your wrist during F&W...if your not a disney resort guest then i get it. You have no choice. Its just so much easier for disney resort guests just to use your magic band. But hey, to each their own. :)
Hey I love the MagicBand :D I was just throwing it out there that you CAN get a gift card with a gift card that way.

Thank you all. We are not staying on site. We have several adult children and this trip is on us, so thought it would be easiest to get each couple a gift card so that they are free to go about the festival. I wanted to check on prices of cards with the wrist coil. I thought that they may be an additional fee because of the coil.

Hey I love the MagicBand :D I was just throwing it out there that you CAN get a gift card with a gift card that way.
Yes of course. No worries. ;) And i like the magicband too! :teeth:

I stay at a Disney resort and always buy the wrist card. One reason is I don't charge to my MB, I'm well known for not remembering numbers so remembering a pin is out and I don't like to charge to my room. I pay off my room before I get there and don't want anything else on my CC. There have been times when the machines for the MB do not work so it's always smart to have at least a little cash or a cc with you at all times, even if you do charge to the MB. I haven't found it a bother to have it on my wrist, as a matter of fact I have forgotten I've even had it on half the time but I'm a watch and bracelet wearer so there is always something on my wrist.
Oh im very much like yourself. First off, disney vacation packages have to be paid off a month before your trip no matter what. unless your doing "room only", then its only one night deposit. so yes, my package is always paid off too. And i too dont like charging ANYTHING to my room/credit card either. Which is why I put cash down when i check in. Last trip I put down $100 so that I could charge food at F&W or anything else i may want. So much easier this way, that way i dont have to bother with both the magicband AND the coil wristlet. Plus, no charges to my creditcard!!! Yes, you have to set a pin with the magicband, but thats no biggie to me. Oh, and of course i always have another form of payment as a backup because its true that there have been times when i couldnt purchase things with my band due to technical issues or whatever. Having said that, if you prefer the giftcard, thats great! Its nice having different options at disney. :goodvibes

I didn't wear the wrist one because I already had on my MB and my fitbit on the other wrist. I didn't need anything else LOL. The size was perfect because I threw it in my wristlet and it was super easy to pull put because of the coil. The first day I was using just a regular GC, and I had 3 of them in a card wallet in my wristlet. It was a pain to fumble to get the card wallet out and then the cards. So, I bought the wrist one, and it was just easier to deal with.
I do not like charging anything to my room as I don't like to owe anything at the end of my trip. The GCs are great because you can see your remaining balance on the reciept after every transaction. No oops I spent that, when I only meant to spend this :)

I also never attach a credit card to the room for charging. We used to do that, and then ran into so many problems. Especially the years we would have the dining plan also. I prefer not to have to deal with any more issues at the front desk than I need to.

I also never attach a credit card to the room for charging. We used to do that, and then ran into so many problems.
Not to hijack the thread but can you elaborate on the problems you had? I've never had any difficulty with room charging but we never do the food plan.

Right but if you're staying on site, I believe you can charge the wrist GC to your room, then pay off the room charge with your Target-purchased gift card.
You won't be able to purchase any Disney gift card by charging it to your room account via your MB. It isn't allowed by the resorts because your resort account balance isn't immediately processed.

This was confirmed last year by GF Concierge.

Most of the problems were when we had the dining plan. The meal was suppose to have been paid with dining credits, but was instead charged to our cc. Every time that happened, it was a nightmare, and much wasted time, straightening everything out. We also had a few issues of purchases made at some of the merchandise kiosks. It's just a better use of our time and energy to pull out the cash, or card, and pay at the time of purchase, rather than to be caught off guard at checkout or spending time on a daily basis checking to see if there had been any mistakes.

I think we plan on getting the wristlet F&W giftcard, and that will work better for us......only have to pay once.

Thank you all. We are not staying on site. We have several adult children and this trip is on us, so thought it would be easiest to get each couple a gift card so that they are free to go about the festival. I wanted to check on prices of cards with the wrist coil. I thought that they may be an additional fee because of the coil.
Nope. They're just regular gift cards with a wrist coil. The minimum you have to put on it is $15 which I think is the same as any other regular Disney gift card. There is a $200 gift card with lanyard and medallion, but that is something different.

They sell gift cards with a wrist coil year round at the water parks, although the picture is different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter