Food Allergies: Ordering from Kids Menu?

Michelle Carter

Disney Mama of 4
I know all the restaurants say that you must be 9 or under to eat off the kids menu. I'm going to Disney in September with my 14 year old. We wanna have breakfast at Be Our Guest (more for the experience than the actual food) but I can't have eggs, seafood, or cheese, so most of the breakfast items are out for me. However, I noticed the kids menu has French toast and oatmeal... which I LOVE. Do you think they would allow me to get it since I have food allergies? I know they have a doughnut type thing on the adult menu. I wasn't sure if anyone had luck getting kids food items when they have food allergies.

I have never had an issue ordering from the kids menu at quick service restaurants. Not sure how it would work at BOG, since someone brings the food to your table, but I doubt they would give you a hard time.

Isn't French Toast made with eggs?
It is dipped in egg and fried. It doesn't upset my stomach like straight up scrambled eggs, fried eggs, etc. Even still, there are things on the kids menu (like oatmeal) that I can eat w/o a chance of an upset stomach and pain all day.

Restaurants will make exceptions for food allergies to ensure you have something safe to eat and will usually serve you an adult sized portion.
French toast is made with eggs so you won't be able to get that. Is there a published allergy menu for BOG breakfast? I know they have one for dinner and probably lunch.

You may have to order the breakfast platter and have them sub extra bacon or sausage for the eggs.

Restaurants will make exceptions for food allergies to ensure you have something safe to eat and will usually serve you an adult sized portion.
French toast is made with eggs so you won't be able to get that. Is there a published allergy menu for BOG breakfast? I know they have one for dinner and probably lunch.

You may have to order the breakfast platter and have them sub extra bacon or sausage for the eggs.

Yes I know it is made dipped in egg batter. Typically I can eat it w/o as many tummy issues like I get with eating straight up eggs. But yes it would be nice to have something like oatmeal to eat.

Yes I know it is made dipped in egg batter. Typically I can eat it w/o as many tummy issues like I get with eating straight up eggs. But yes it would be nice to have something like oatmeal to eat.

The reason you would not be served French toast is that if you tell the staff you have an allergy to egg you will nto get them served in any way. Once you mention allergy you trigger safeguards and the chef will not serve you anything with that item in or on it. Just ask for the child's portion and you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter