• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fondue a la Chinoise (Broth Fondue)

thotfulspot

<font color=deeppink>least it's in a good cause<br
This is my favorite holiday recipe, as it's fun, delicious, and a pleasant way for everyone to spend the mealtime together. It couldn't be much simpler, either.

This is ideal for a low-carb diet. I couldn't say how it fits into other plans, as I don't know enough about them, but it is infinitely flexible to suit anyone's tastes and dietary needs.

Fondue a la Chinoise

Vegetable or meat broth
Beef, chicken, turkey, or pork, sliced into two-bite-sized slices
Vegetables -- mushrooms, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers, baby corn, cauliflower, etc.
Sauces -- for example, barbeque sauce, curry sauce, sweet and sour sauce, chutney, chunky salsa, etc.

Heat the broth in a pot. Set up a fondue pot in the middle of the table. For each person, there should be a fondue fork in addition to the regular utensils, as well as a plate to hold raw meat separately. Pour the hot broth into the fondue pot and light the heating element underneath. The broth should come just to a boil.

Now, everyone skewers a slice of meat or vegetables on the fondue fork and places it in the fondue pot until it's cooked through. Remove onto plate, put another full fork in the broth, and eat the first forkful with whatever sauces while the next forkful cooks. At the end, the remaining broth, which has absorbed all the flavors of the foods cooked in it, can be served as a soup.

Enjoy! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter