Follow Me! I Will Lead Us Into Battle! A Thanksgiving 2013 TR *COMPLETE*

Hi Courtney! I am SO SORRY - I had no idea I had fallen so far behind. :(

Okay, let me just say, REINDEER PLUTO????? Willow and I would drop dead of cuteness, I think!!! :laughing:

All the Christmas activities and shows look like so much fun! Someday….. How cool to meet Aladdin with Abu - and what a fun meet it was!

The Christmas parade looks amazing!!!!

Don't even worry about it, Roni! I know how busy life gets, I just started my internship so I've had to cut down on my DIS time.

You and Willow would LOVE Reindeer Pluto. He was the absolute cutest and I hope they consider bringing him out for meet and greets at some point!

All of the Christmas party shows were so great. It's been hard to swing with my sister and me being in school, but it was such a great experience.

Chapter Twenty-Eight: ‘Tis the Season to Be Jolly and Joyous

After the parade, Kylie wanted to head over to meet Peter Pan and Wendy. I needed a minute to sit and breathe, so I took a seat in the Rapunzel bathroom area. I got a text from Katie that read:

“NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IS AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM RIGHT NOW!!”

MY FAVORITE ACTOR WAS AT THE SAME CHRISTMAS PARTY AS ME! At this point it was 11, so hunting him down would have been futile, but it was so cool that we were in the same park.

I went over to see Kylie meet Peter Pan and Wendy. They admired her bows and her sneakers, which she had decorated with the symbols and characters of many Disney movies.

11391044375_7b24b9a51f_c.jpg

11391069254_7acf8c83d1_c.jpg

Peter recognized almost all of them, and told us a great joke:

“You know what Merida and Hook have in common? They both fought for their own hand. But Hook lost.” Use that one at parties, folks. It’s a knee-slapper.

11391042845_53ea9ec303_c.jpg

11391067814_831a02f314_c.jpg

11391066994_62e667d762_c.jpg

11391066144_96e873374c_c.jpg

We wanted to meet Mary Poppins (never just Mary), Bert, and the penguin, but the line was already closed. I was a little surprised, because it was only 11:15 and I didn’t think the line was that long…but the party was jumping that night. We later found out it was sold out. I felt bad because Kylie was looking forward to this meet, but Peter and the princesses were more important to her so it was fine.

Since that character meet didn’t work, we decided to check out Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore’s wait. They weren’t out yet but the line wasn’t closed so we hopped in line. Certain members of my family were getting very tired, so the wait seemed very long. I was chipper because I slept in that morning. (light gleams off my smile)

A cute older couple was in front of us meeting the whole gang, and they were SO precious. I hope I am like that with my future husband someday!

Kylie and I got hugs from the entire gang. I’ve always thought Pooh was the best hugger among Disney characters, but Eeyore gave me the longest hug that night. There may have to be a hug showdown between Duffy, Eeyore, and Pooh.

11391039656_3c4959101b_c.jpg

11391064534_86c2286dfe_c.jpg

11391063044_f107224899_c.jpg

11391036416_cf0f00ebe7_c.jpg

Of course, my dad had to run down the line to give high fives to all the characters. I love how expressive the characters are in this picture. They all seem psyched.

11391036215_699fd1be3b_c.jpg

The party was just about over, but we couldn’t leave without snapping some pictures in front of the beautiful castle!

11391059664_7e5eb59680_c.jpg

11391060694_e103c0e796_c.jpg

11391031975_42e8292d7b_c.jpg

11391154483_55a555c0d0_c.jpg

As we slowly strolled down Main Street, it started to snow, and I basically wanted to start bawling.

11391153693_44c4b4b98f_c.jpg

To distract myself, I asked a CM if I could take a picture with his balloons.

11391028426_79fa0c3336_c.jpg

They didn’t come out so great because my body is in the way of the strings, but now I have practice for next time!

11391027856_354971c180_c.jpg

We got on the bus, went back to our beautiful princess room, and packed. We got to bed at 1 a.m. Not so bad for Disney…but we had a 5 a.m. wake up call. Yes, this TR is drawing to a close, but I'll have one more update soon with my merchandise and my final thoughts on this trip!

Continued in next post

“NEIL PATRICK HARRIS IS AT THE MAGIC KINGDOM RIGHT NOW!!”

MY FAVORITE ACTOR WAS AT THE SAME CHRISTMAS PARTY AS ME! At this point it was 11, so hunting him down would have been futile, but it was so cool that we were in the same park.

I've heard that he has stayed in the Dream Suite at the castle in the past. Maybe he was on his way back to his room after doing the Candlelight Processional. It would have been really cool to see him in person. ::yes::

WOW, poor Wendy, that cold weather outfit is just terrible!! But cute meet for Kylie. :goodvibes Bummer that the Mary Poppins meet was closed, but your meet with the Pooh characters is seriously adorable, so that kind of makes up for it. I pretty much love your dad already, that picture of him high fiving the characters is just adorable!!!!

Awww, so sad when a trip (and a TR!) comes to an end!!! At least you have a trip coming up very soon to look forward to! That always makes the end of a TR a little more bearable.

That would have been awesome to run into Neil Patrick Harris! Too bad you didn't bump into him. :(

Love the Peter and Wendy pictures!

That's too bad about the Mary Poppins line. But your Pooh and Friends picture is awesome!! Out of curiousity, do Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet usually meet together, or was this something special for the party? We usually do Crystal Palace to see those four, and hadn't looked into the Pooh m&g before.

I bet the snow on Main Street was gorgeous!! And I love your picture with the balloons!! :)

That would have been so cool to see and/or meet Neil Patrick Harris.
I love the last ones with the balloons. So cute.

GYM RAT PETER!!!!!!

I so enjoy watching others interact with the characters like the older couple you saw. So much a part of the charm of Disney is watching the effect on other people. I feel bad for folks who don't notice and appreciate these things. Glad you do!!

HAHA, I LOVE that Pooh is like all ready, "c'mon c'mon I'm waiting", during your hug with Piglet. There is so much going on in these photos like Pooh trying to grab your arm. OMG this is so great.

I've heard that he has stayed in the Dream Suite at the castle in the past. Maybe he was on his way back to his room after doing the Candlelight Processional. It would have been really cool to see him in person. ::yes::

I've heard that too!! Ahh it would have been amazing to see him, but I still had the best time at the party.

WOW, poor Wendy, that cold weather outfit is just terrible!! But cute meet for Kylie. :goodvibes Bummer that the Mary Poppins meet was closed, but your meet with the Pooh characters is seriously adorable, so that kind of makes up for it. I pretty much love your dad already, that picture of him high fiving the characters is just adorable!!!!

Awww, so sad when a trip (and a TR!) comes to an end!!! At least you have a trip coming up very soon to look forward to! That always makes the end of a TR a little more bearable.

Her sleeves are something else, aren't they? The Pooh meet was awesome. My dad is just the best when meeting characters, he always does something hilarious!

It is a bummer, but I am 44 days away from my next trip, so it's getting closer!

That would have been awesome to run into Neil Patrick Harris! Too bad you didn't bump into him. :(

Love the Peter and Wendy pictures!

That's too bad about the Mary Poppins line. But your Pooh and Friends picture is awesome!! Out of curiousity, do Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet usually meet together, or was this something special for the party? We usually do Crystal Palace to see those four, and hadn't looked into the Pooh m&g before.

I bet the snow on Main Street was gorgeous!! And I love your picture with the balloons!! :)

It would have been! I would love to meet him in WDW!

Thank you!! Pooh and Tigger usually meet together at MK but Eeyore and Piglet only come out for the parties. We are doing Crystal Palace for the first time in four years this July and I am really excited!

Oh my gosh, the snow on Main Street is breathtaking. Thank you!!!

That would have been so cool to see and/or meet Neil Patrick Harris.
I love the last ones with the balloons. So cute.

It would have! Thank you so much :goodvibes

GYM RAT PETER!!!!!!

I so enjoy watching others interact with the characters like the older couple you saw. So much a part of the charm of Disney is watching the effect on other people. I feel bad for folks who don't notice and appreciate these things. Glad you do!!

HAHA, I LOVE that Pooh is like all ready, "c'mon c'mon I'm waiting", during your hug with Piglet. There is so much going on in these photos like Pooh trying to grab your arm. OMG this is so great.

He was very dreamy! I bet he and Gaston hit the gym together.

They were absolutely precious! It really is one of my favorite things to do at Disney and I'm glad we have that in common, Rob :)

Hahaha Pooh was awesome in that interaction. That's one of the great things about meeting a group of characters, there's always so much going on!

I am referring back to this TR as I work on the scrapbook and realized I am behind! I can't believe this is practically the end.

I seriously needed that party to be a couple hours longer so we could have done everything. Kylie was really happy at that Peter/Wendy meet. I love when all the Pooh characters are together, even if you can't get autographs. It is so fun to get the rare photo ops.

Still love that castle! That was our Christmas card picture - don't know what we will do next year.

Look at you with the balloons! That balloon guy was a good sport trying to hide behind you and keep out of the shot. I love that you can see the snow falling all around.

I have to get back to scrapping because you know the rule is that we can't go on the next trip until the last scrapbook is done and we are running out of days, which is totally a good thing, but the pressure is on.

I am referring back to this TR as I work on the scrapbook and realized I am behind! I can't believe this is practically the end.

I seriously needed that party to be a couple hours longer so we could have done everything. Kylie was really happy at that Peter/Wendy meet. I love when all the Pooh characters are together, even if you can't get autographs. It is so fun to get the rare photo ops.

Still love that castle! That was our Christmas card picture - don't know what we will do next year.

Look at you with the balloons! That balloon guy was a good sport trying to hide behind you and keep out of the shot. I love that you can see the snow falling all around.

I have to get back to scrapping because you know the rule is that we can't go on the next trip until the last scrapbook is done and we are running out of days, which is totally a good thing, but the pressure is on.

I know. I'm just about to wrap it up :(

I would have loved to do another party. We will get there someday. Maybe we'd even get on a ride if we did another one :rotfl: The Pooh meet was so great because I love meeting characters all together.

Hmm. Maybe just a regular Disney pic for the Christmas card? We'll work on it.

The balloon guy was awesome! So many great CMs this trip.

Well, I'm about to finish the TR, so I guess I can go on the next trip! :lmao:

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Wrapping Things Up, Merch Roundup, and Final Thoughts

The Olaf wake up call woke us up for the last time. We were pressing the fireworks button as much as we could before we had to go.

11390596173_58d3df51d0_c.jpg

We collected the last of our belongings and trekked to the DME pickup. It was cold, and the food court wasn’t even open, and I was very sad. It was definitely the hardest time I’ve had leaving Disney in a really long time. I think it was the shortness of the trip combined with the beautiful room. It was tough. Plus, I was exhausted.

11390593763_258c87c90e_c.jpg

11391150743_eb6b6c9d2c_c.jpg

The DME was a little late, but since they have us get there so early, it was fine. We got to the airport and picked up some Krispy Kremes! We actually got to go through express security, so we didn’t have to take off our shoes or take out the liquids. It was awesome, especially because I really wasn’t feeling well having to get up so early and not eating yet.

Once we got to our gate I ate a doughnut and felt so much better. We don’t have Krispy Kreme near us so it was a treat.

We got on the plane soon enough. I wrapped myself up in my Disney blanket and slept the entire flight home.

So here’s all the fabulous merchandise I got over the course of the trip:

First of all, the beautiful blanket I got. It is soooo fuzzy and soft.

11970964593_43e9f189a3_c.jpg

I read on Twitter that they were selling Disney gift cards with FREE Christmas pins attached! We decided to get all of them since we will definitely use the cards to pay for the room and meals in July. I got the Minnie and Donald ornaments, and Kylie got the Mickey and Goofy ones.

11971087994_ba3165bcb4_c.jpg

Princess keychain:

11970966843_37f31fd2d3_c.jpg

Vera Bradley makeup bag. I love this pattern so much. A lot of people don’t realize it’s Disney until a second look.

11971508036_70312b54bf_c.jpg

I got a beautiful Port Orleans Christmas pin!

11970969283_585e5ff1cf_c.jpg

This one came out blurry but it slides to reveal Naveen!

11971090964_49d44e94fc_c.jpg

Christmas Party pin:

11971092164_cbef712622_c.jpg

Christmas Party sweatshirt (this was actually a kids sweatshirt, but it fits me great and was so much cheaper than the adult sweatshirts!). I'm obsessed with this because toy soldier and Duffy!!! I also love that Chip and Dale are tiny when in the parks they're the same size as Mickey and Minnie, haha.

14090672899_b32c1e9f62_c.jpg

And here are some of the pins I traded for. Some of them came out a little blurry but you get the idea. My favorites are definitely the cupcake pins and the Princess Minnie 2014 pin. I’m hoping to collect more of the parking sign pins on my next trip!

11970688015_65fd9164c1_c.jpg

11970689145_515b5a8c8e_c.jpg

11970972323_d00dd07e73_c.jpg

11971513426_ba033234ef_c.jpg

This trip was so unbelievably magical. I was going through a stressful time at school and really needed a getaway to my happy place. I was so happy to finally see Walt Disney World in all its Christmassy glory. The Christmas Party itself was worth the price of the trip; I loved every minute and thought it was the absolute best part of my vacation. I loved the Candlelight Processional a lot, too, and getting my own Belle cake at the Garden Grill made me feel like a princess!

There were a few things I missed out on this trip because it was just too short. I would have loved to go to some of the resorts to see the gingerbread displays. I also missed out on some good snacks: the France pavilion had gingerbread ice cream, and I didn’t have a single churro (whaaaat? But they had them at school the Monday I got back, so that made up for it). I also felt like the party time went by way too fast, and I wished I had gotten to meet Mary Poppins, Jasmine, and Genie.

That being said, I am so glad I had the chance to go on this trip, and we really did do a lot over the span of just a few days. If you love Christmas, you will adore all that Disney does for the holiday. It was really an amazing trip and I am so happy we made it happen.

I would like to thank every single person who read this trip report. To all who commented, I loved hearing about your thoughts and experiences and was so happy to get to know all of you. To the lurkers, I appreciate you so much and freaked out whenever the number of views went up! I know reading TRs can take a lot of time and so I am beyond appreciative that you all took the time to get to know my family and read about our trip.

I have “met” so many truly amazing people on this board and made some genuine friendships. I’m not going to lie, I was scared of the DISboards for a very long time because of the drama on other sections, but the trip report section is something truly special. This is a group of people who support each other and truly enjoy hearing about each other’s Disney experiences. I love living vicariously through other DISers and I hope that this TR helped at least a few of you get your Disney/Christmas fix. I consider all of you friends at this point and I am so grateful for your friendship.

Now, I don’t have a TR to write for the first time since August. But do not fret! July 5-13 I will be taking on the World with a HUGE group for my sister’s Sweet 16, and that TR is going to be one for the record books. We’ve already got a few amazing surprises planned, and I am one excited girl.

Thanks for everything, and I’ll see ya real soon!

Love,
Courtney

Courtney, I promise you, if I ever stay in a Royal Room, I will be breaking the fireworks from overuse. So good on you that they still work.

Security FP. Nice!! :thumbsup2

I thought long and hard about getting that blanket. Disney blankets are SO SOFT!!!!! I actually have one of the castle in Dream Light mode. Yes, I am in love with a blanket.

Ugh I wanted a Christmas Party pin. But they ran out.

Awwww Courtney, what a great wrap up. Thank you so much for sharing. I know exactly what you mean. The TR board is so filled with such amazing people, like you, it's hard to believe there are other sections that can get pretty negative. That's why I stick exclusively to here. Everything that is good and right about Disney can be found right here. :disrocks:

I am so excited for your upcoming Sweet 16 trip. It's gonna be EPIC I think. :cheer2:

I've enjoyed your trip report very much. It was especially fun that we were there at the same time. :goodvibes

I've really enjoyed reading your TR and sad to see it end. But looks like you had an awesome trip, and got a lot of great merch to bring home. :) I will look forward to reading about your July trip. Have a great time!! :)

I have “met” so many truly amazing people on this board and made some genuine friendships. I’m not going to lie, I was scared of the DISboards for a very long time because of the drama on other sections, but the trip report section is something truly special. This is a group of people who support each other and truly enjoy hearing about each other’s Disney experiences. I love living vicariously through other DISers and I hope that this TR helped at least a few of you get your Disney/Christmas fix. I consider all of you friends at this point and I am so grateful for your friendship.

I know exactly what you mean, Courtney! I used to stay mostly on the theme parks board, but as soon as I discovered the TR section, I got hooked! I absolutely love writing about my trips, and I love that there are other people out there who care enough to read it. :rotfl: And I love reading other people's experiences just as much. I have learned so many tips & tricks that I picked up from TRs! This one was fantastic, and I'm sad to see it end!! I'm looking forward to the July TR! :goodvibes

Courtney, I promise you, if I ever stay in a Royal Room, I will be breaking the fireworks from overuse. So good on you that they still work.

Security FP. Nice!! :thumbsup2

I thought long and hard about getting that blanket. Disney blankets are SO SOFT!!!!! I actually have one of the castle in Dream Light mode. Yes, I am in love with a blanket.

Ugh I wanted a Christmas Party pin. But they ran out.

Awwww Courtney, what a great wrap up. Thank you so much for sharing. I know exactly what you mean. The TR board is so filled with such amazing people, like you, it's hard to believe there are other sections that can get pretty negative. That's why I stick exclusively to here. Everything that is good and right about Disney can be found right here. :disrocks:

I am so excited for your upcoming Sweet 16 trip. It's gonna be EPIC I think. :cheer2:

The fireworks were definitely a highlight, Rob. The only bad part was that you couldn't watch them and Stacey at the same time...but they were still amazing!

Haha yes!! That was awesome at 6 a.m. for sure.

I bet the Castle Light blanket is beautiful!!! I would have bought the blanket no matter what because of how soft it was, but I really like the design of it too.

Thank you for reading along, Rob! Your TRs are what inspired me to write one of my own and you have been so encouraging and awesome through both of mine. I can't thank you enough.

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN it really is. Huge things are going to happen. I'm so excited!!! 38 days!!!

I've enjoyed your trip report very much. It was especially fun that we were there at the same time. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for reading along, Sue!! I'm so glad you liked my TR. It really was awesome that we were there at the same time, hopefully our paths cross again in the future!

I've really enjoyed reading your TR and sad to see it end. But looks like you had an awesome trip, and got a lot of great merch to bring home. :) I will look forward to reading about your July trip. Have a great time!! :)

Thank you so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed my TR. I'll definitely let you know when I start my July TR :goodvibes

I know exactly what you mean, Courtney! I used to stay mostly on the theme parks board, but as soon as I discovered the TR section, I got hooked! I absolutely love writing about my trips, and I love that there are other people out there who care enough to read it. :rotfl: And I love reading other people's experiences just as much. I have learned so many tips & tricks that I picked up from TRs! This one was fantastic, and I'm sad to see it end!! I'm looking forward to the July TR! :goodvibes

The TR board is definitely the best, bar none. I love your TRs so much, and I'm super excited to hear about your Italy trip (which is so soon!!!) Thank you so much for reading along and commenting!

Just finished your report! I loved it! I'm hoping to be in Disney for Christmas this year! I think seeing Christmas Wishes would do me in and I'd just be sitting on Main St. bawling like a 3 year old! Lol!
I can't wait to read all about your trip in July! I hope it's magical!!! pixiedust:

I just finished your report- it was great!! I loved it!

Can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip!!

I totally disappeared during the end of your TR :( I know you know how finals week goes, though. Hope yours went really well!

I love all the character meets you did at the party. So many great pictures! :thumbsup2

I'll definitely be on the look out for interpreters next time I see a Disney show. I think they have such an awesome job! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy so many shows, and meet so many nice CMs along the way.

Love your pins and love that throw! I'll definitely be on the look out for kids sizes next trip to save some money!

Can't wait to hear about Kylie's birthday trip!! :goodvibes

Just finished your report! I loved it! I'm hoping to be in Disney for Christmas this year! I think seeing Christmas Wishes would do me in and I'd just be sitting on Main St. bawling like a 3 year old! Lol!
I can't wait to read all about your trip in July! I hope it's magical!!! pixiedust:

Thank you SO much for reading along, Hollye!!! If you can make it to Disney for Christmas you absolutely should, it's the most magical time in my opinion. There were a lot of tears shed hahaha!

I just finished your report- it was great!! I loved it!

Can't wait to hear all about your upcoming trip!!

Thank you so much for reading along and for all the kind words!! :goodvibes

I totally disappeared during the end of your TR :( I know you know how finals week goes, though. Hope yours went really well!

I love all the character meets you did at the party. So many great pictures! :thumbsup2

I'll definitely be on the look out for interpreters next time I see a Disney show. I think they have such an awesome job! I'm glad you guys got to enjoy so many shows, and meet so many nice CMs along the way.

Love your pins and love that throw! I'll definitely be on the look out for kids sizes next trip to save some money!

Can't wait to hear about Kylie's birthday trip!! :goodvibes

I totally understand the college DISer struggle, Emily, so no worries!! Mine went very well and I hope yours did too!

The party had so many amazing meets. I wish we could have done all of them but there just wasn't enough time.

The interpreters are the absolute best, tremendously talented at what they do while still being kind and lovely Disney CMs.

Finding the kids size that fit me worked out so great, it fits perfectly and was about $20 cheaper than what an adult sweatshirt would be!

Thank you SO much for reading along and commenting! I can't wait to hear about your October trip as well :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter