• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FoF Parade - Summer - what time arrive in Frontierland to get a shady spot?

gumbo1009

...flawed product of a deranged mind...
Was considering a FP+ to the FoF Parade, but I'm thinking it's gonna get really hot in the FP+ section in late August!

So now I am thinking we'll just grab a shady spot and wait (with a nice, cold beverage).

Guess the questions are (1) how early should we arrive and (2) does anyone have recommendations for good shady spots (keeping in mind that my child is 52", so would like to be "upfront-ish" so she can see)??

Thanks!!

I have a FP for the parade, but I'm really wondering if that is the best use of my #3 FP. I don't want to line up hours early for the parade, but some shade would be nice.

Exactly! This is the internal debate I've been having, and lately I am leaning toward shade... now I just need DISer advice on arrival time in late August (so crowds should be "middling"), and what locations are Prime shade viewing... :)

If you want something on the curb in Frontierland in the shade you should arrive by 2 pm. Main street would typically require arrival 90 minutes beforehand so it will save you time without using the FP+.

If you do not need a curb viewing location, you can always wait until 3pm to enter the FP+ area and you would only be waiting maybe 15 minutes or so.

The choice is yours...an hour or so in the shade for curb side viewing in Frontierland, an hour so so in the FP+ area for curbside viewing, OR 20 minutes or so in the sun in the FP area.

We watched the parade from the stroller parking area at Country Bear Hall a couple of weeks ago. We showed up just as the parade was coming up the street and only had one row of people in front of us. The shortcut to/from the Aladdin/Tiki Room area made it a very convenient spot to get in and out of.

We didn't have front row, but I liked not having to wait at all.

I would recommend picking a spot an hour beforehand or even more than an hour if it's your first time. If your looking for shade there's a raised platform right in front of the shooting arcade. You can sit at the front of it before the parade then stand up when the time comes.

Thanks for the ideas everyone! (Like the platform idea - want shade, but also want my child to be able to see.) As long as I can see the cool Dragon, I'll be a happy camper! : )

We watched the parade from the stroller parking area at Country Bear Hall a couple of weeks ago. We showed up just as the parade was coming up the street and only had one row of people in front of us. The shortcut to/from the Aladdin/Tiki Room area made it a very convenient spot to get in and out of.

We didn't have front row, but I liked not having to wait at all.

This sounds perfect! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter