• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying with Tsum Tsum

bb-8

Augustus Wulf's Mommy
Hi. I am planning a trip to England in April and I've never flown before...I take that back. I flew to D.C. And back in August of 2001, before the TSA crackdown, but I was 11 and I don't remember anything about flying.

I'm already nervous and I was wondering if anyone had traveled with the large Tsum Tsum plushies. I use my Groot plushie as a pillow when I'm traveling places by car, and so that I have something in the hotels since the pillows hurt my neck, and I wanted to bring him on the plane as a pillow to lean against the window. I've seen videos and blogs where people have brought regular pillows with no issue, but since he's not technically a pillow, I'm a little nervous.

Does anyone know if TSA will allow me to bring him as a personal item? I'm also bringing my Poe Dameron build a bear with a heartbeat, and I've already read where that isn't an issue as long as he is in my bag.

But I can't find any info on TSum Tsums...

You're just worried if he will pass through security? It should be just fine. My kids bring stuffed animals all the time. He will just have to go through X-ray. On a separate but related note, you might want to call the airline to see if he qualifies as a personal item based on his size unless you can fit him in a carry on bag til takeoff.

There is no problem flying with stuffed animals. As the previous poster said they will just go through the Xray with the rest of your carry on things.

With kids, we have flown with many stuffies, American Girl Dolls, blanket etc with no issues.

It shouldn't be an issue it just might get checked over a little bit closer. I've brought numerous stuffed animals for myself (really bad flyer) and usually it goes through the xray separately and mine all got tested for explosives/drugs. A little off topic but both my husband and I handle munitions at work (small arms for me, bigger things for him) and we always joke that one day we are going to go through security for a flight and get swabbed for cordite on our hands! A quick background check would reveal our occupations and phone calls where they can confirm that. Hasn't happened yet because we always make sure not to handle anything a week before if we can haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter