Flying with peanut butter?

Thing 1

DIS Veteran
Can be take peanut butter in our carry on bag? We dealt with a peanut allergy for years and it’s our first trip since the allergy is gone. Would love to have a jar in our room for breakfast. Can it go in my carry on? Not checking a bag.

No. No peanut butter in the carry on.

FYI: you can put it in a checked bag, but your bag will almost certainly be searched. Peanut butter is incredibly dense and looks like an explosive on an x-ray

I use PB2 as my "travel peanut butter". It's a powdered peanut butter that you reconstitute with water. Obviously, it's not super-convenient while travelling, but it is a nice alternative for when you want to bring peanut butter and still travel with only carry-ons.

Our last trip we ordered groceries and I’m always so careful packing and on our way home there was a huge line at security that was moving well and came to a dead stop and we didn’t know why .. then he held up my 6 yr old sons bag and asked who it belonged to ..
yep he wasn’t about to leave his peanut butter and threw it in his carryon when I was looking

Many of the resorts with DVC and also FW sell jars of peanut butter in the grocery section of the gift shop. I'm not sure if any of the other resort gift shops carry PB but they might. I've picked items up at the Beach Club just outside of Epcot on occasion. They also carry jelly and bread and other breakfast staples.

Another option is to get the single serve PB pods that are designed for lunch boxes. Look up "Jif to go" to see what I mean. Since those are all individually under the 3 oz allowed by TSA, you could put a bunch into a clear bag, and take it though screening like toiletries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter