Flying with G-Tube ???

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
The good news is my MD says I maybe able to go to WDW after all. I have a trip planned 2/14 to 3/6. Saturday 1/30 I had a perforated duodenal ulcer! ( Many years of NSAIDs) The surgery went well. Thursday the MD will see if things are progressing. However I will have a g-tube for a couple more weeks. It's clamped. I'm thinking as long as I have it taped and clamped I shouldn't have any problems flying, right?
I really looking for some reassurance.

I think you really need to speak to your MD about this. While I'm sure someone can offer personal experiences, I think that the medical opinion of your surgeon is crucial in yoru planning.

Anne

We have a son with a G-Tube and I have traveled to Poland 2 times and was
gone for 30days each trip and had no problems with it. It is actually easy as you carry your food/can.
I wouldn't think you would have to cancel. It depends on your strength/health..not just the G-tube itself.
We are waiting for our Make A Wish dates ...then we are off.

If the doctor OKs you for flying, I don't think the G tube will cause any extra problems with sercurity or anything.

G-tube won't do anything for flying. But one note...DO NOT pack your canned food (ensure, pedisure etc) with the baggage. IT CAN NOT FREEZE!!!!
We carried it on and the stewards took care of it and when we got off they got it out again... I carried 4 cases on my trip with a 4 year old CP child in a wheelchair to Poland...ALONE and it all worked out wonderful. But if you check it with the bags the bags get REALLY REALLY cold and I didn't want to take the chance of not having it.
But here in the US ....we have WAL-MART and I am sure you can buy it if you don't want to pack it.

Thanks for all your responses. Rest assured I will follow my MD's instructions. I'm really looking forward to this trip. It was planned to be very laid back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter