• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying Westjet? Check your flights!

Refund to original payment.

Good to know!

I have been keeping an eye on AC and WestJet websites about resolutions if the airline changes or cancels the flight. Last time I checked WJ was saying travel credits. I hope I'm just misreading that.

Well I have had both legs of my soon October flight changed by them and both times found in my junk mail a 25% off next flight for up to 6 people but has to be booked usually in ridiculous time frame like literally weeks. They should give us longer who can afford to travel all year round lol.

Good to know!

I have been keeping an eye on AC and WestJet websites about resolutions if the airline changes or cancels the flight. Last time I checked WJ was saying travel credits. I hope I'm just misreading that.

Westjet has a new policy as of Sept.4.

For any WestJet-initiated cancelation or schedule change, where the schedule change was greater than 90 minutes or one or more stops were added, guests are eligible for a refund to original form of payment if desired.

And then there's Southwest (which we can't fly with right now anyways because we can't cross land borders...) sending email with a change that stopped in a different city and had us arriving 15 minutes later, offering to change to any flight within 14 days if that didn't work for us. So I changed to a non stop on a different day that was originally a lot higher.
We have Southwest points that won't ever expire and can cancel or rebook without any penalty so I did book something over Christmas but I really don't see that happening anyways, so will probably just cancel in the end.

Received an email a few days ago letting me know my flights had been changed. The email gives me three options (accept, change, cancel). When I click the request a callback to change option I just get taken to a westjet page that describes the option to do this but there is no obvious place to click to actually get the call back. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very helpful. Greg

Received an email a few days ago letting me know my flights had been changed. The email gives me three options (accept, change, cancel). When I click the request a callback to change option I just get taken to a westjet page that describes the option to do this but there is no obvious place to click to actually get the call back. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. It has been very helpful. Greg
This is the one I used. https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/contact-us/phone/request-call-back

And then there's Southwest (which we can't fly with right now anyways because we can't cross land borders...) sending email with a change that stopped in a different city and had us arriving 15 minutes later, offering to change to any flight within 14 days if that didn't work for us. So I changed to a non stop on a different day that was originally a lot higher.
We have Southwest points that won't ever expire and can cancel or rebook without any penalty so I did book something over Christmas but I really don't see that happening anyways, so will probably just cancel in the end.

This is part of the reason why Southwest can be so generous - https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...ilout-helps-southwest-post-116-million-profit

Canadian airlines didn't get the same help. I'm not saying whether I feel they should have, or should not have, I'm just saying that it's not a level playing field when it comes to US and Canadian airlines in this COVID world.

This is part of the reason why Southwest can be so generous - https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...ilout-helps-southwest-post-116-million-profit

Canadian airlines didn't get the same help. I'm not saying whether I feel they should have, or should not have, I'm just saying that it's not a level playing field when it comes to US and Canadian airlines in this COVID world.
That was their policy pre covid though as well. Although I'm sure more things being open in USA helped their Airlines rebound work domestic flights, compared to all the closures and quarantine between provinces that kept people staying home in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter