Flying out of Providence vs. Logan

travelin' tigger

DIS Veteran
Have been flying out of TF Green the last few trips and really enjoyed it...convenient, easyin/easy out, etc. Looking for airfare with Delta for my trip in June. Last week the flights I wanted were $252 RT to MCO from Prov (started at $178 3 weeks ago). Friday I priced the same dates (Delta Express) from Logan and it was only $154. Jumped on that!!!!

Just to let anyone know who might be interested!!!! :smooth:

that's a great price...good for you!! Enjoy your trip.

Don't worry we just flew out of Logan on 4/14 (School Vacation). We arrived 3 hours ahead. There were no lines for Delta Express or security. By arriving that early we were able to have a nice leisurely lunch and didn't have to rush!
Cora

Thanks rjordan, I will!

Cora - Do you think 2-2 1/2 hours is enough time before my flight to get thru security? Working 1/2 day, then taking the Logan Express from Framingham. Thanks!!! :smooth:

If you mean arriving at Logan 2 1/2 hours before your flight, then yes. If you mean leaving work 2 1/2 hours before, then no.

good luck, we fly out of Green for WDW this coming Mem Wkend !
Cora

I will always choose PVD over Logan. At Logan the flights seem to always be delayed. Its such a pain to get there. PVD is so easy

Good for you! You practically paid for your parking with the savings.

Flew out of Providence two weeks ago to Disney, and DH complained the whole time! He flies frequently for business and is so used to Logan, it is a familiarity thing....When we were picking up our luggage, he said it just wasn't as efficient as Logan because the airport was much smaller...There are pros and cons of both.

There are security stories at both sites. At Green we saw an elderly man get searched, his entire luggage, inside and out.., felt so bad for him. But at Logan, the exact same thing happened to our daughter's soccer coach, so you just never know.

Have a safe trip and congrats on the savings.

I too, usually fly out of Green on Delta, since my daughter-in-law works for delta out of Green. In Feb. and again in April we flew out of Logan because it was so much cheaper. We left the Sat. before Presidents day, 9am flight and we needed all the 3 hours we alotted! In April we flew on the Friday before vacation and breezed through security. Went to WDW in Feb. and California in April. I am also going to WDW Memorial Day weekend with 6 friends for a girls weekend away out of Greene. Got Delta Express for only $142.
If you fly out of Greene and a little cuite by the name of Carri checks you in, be nice she is carrying my grandchild!!!

Living on the Cape we are the same distance from Green and Logan. I prefer Green because it is so much easier to navigate in and out of but we have always found the fares to be much higher out of Green and they don't have as many flights to chose from. We left from Logan on the Saturday before President's Day and we breezed through the airport. There was a huge line inside but hardly anyone at curbside check-in. You have to allow at least 2 hours at the airport because you never know how long it will take to clear security. I always find it fun to sit in the airport and "people watch" so I don't mind getting there early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter