• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying out of Miami the same day

Also just double check that your airline participates before joining. I’m not sure if any US based airlines don’t participate but it would be good to know.

https://www.tsa.gov/precheck/participating-airlines
Thank you I will. I think she is flying American but I will have to double check since my husband made her reservation with him and I am flying out of a different airport on a different airline with our son. Again so my daughter doesn't have to miss another day of college, well in theory she wont miss another day since this will be next semester and she doesn't know her schedule yet.

Thank you I will. I think she is flying American but I will have to double check since my husband made her reservation with him and I am flying out of a different airport on a different airline with our son. Again so my daughter doesn't have to miss another day of college, well in theory she wont miss another day since this will be next semester and she doesn't know her schedule yet.
American definitely participates; we flew them yesterday. When you said you lived in such a remote area, I thought that maybe you’d be flying from a smaller airport on a lesser-known airline. Similar to how Allegiant flies from Allentown, PA.

Anyway, to enjoy the perks of TSA PreCheck,
each person is assigned a KTN, Known Traveler Number. You enter this number every time you make a reservation. It is not guaranteed, but normally your boarding pass will display “TSA PreCheck” somewhere on it. That is what allows that person to enter the TSA precheck line at security, which is almost always shorter than the regular line.

There may be other perks, but the ones I appreciate the most is not having to remove shoes, belts or light jackets. Also not having to remove the quart size liquids bag. You still would have to make a one but it can stay in your larger carry on bag.
KTN number stays the same when you renew.

American definitely participates; we flew them yesterday. When you said you lived in such a remote area, I thought that maybe you’d be flying from a smaller airport on a lesser-known airline. Similar to how Allegiant flies from Allentown, PA.
Yes my daughter and husband are flying out of a small airport that has Allegiant and another airline Contour. I am not sure which they are using. I just looked and the airport has 2 arrivals today and 2 departures. No Allegiant flights today.
I just looked and Allegiant does participate in precheck.

Thank you for the info in your post. I have to drive her over 2 hours away to the precheck interview I am just going to get it for myself too. Do you know if you can get precheck for a child under the age of 18 without both parents present? I am just comparing it to getting a passport where they both need to be there.

Yes my daughter and husband are flying out of a small airport that has Allegiant and another airline Contour. I am not sure which they are using. I just looked and the airport has 2 arrivals today and 2 departures. No Allegiant flights today.
I just looked and Allegiant does participate in precheck.

Thank you for the info in your post. I have to drive her over 2 hours away to the precheck interview I am just going to get it for myself too. Do you know if you can get precheck for a child under the age of 18 without both parents present? I am just comparing it to getting a passport where they both need to be there.
I took our minor son alone. The only reason you need both parents together for a passport is so a parent & child with split custody arrangements can’t leave the US with the other parent having no idea it could happen.

So we just disembarked the Dream with it being our 2nd time we chose a 10:00 flight after a cruise. We were in line for express walk off by 7:25. The ship’s atrium area was already pretty full. CMs were present to direct people
Out of curiosity while waiting, I looked up Uber availability:
1663332718341.jpeg

We were delayed leaving the ship another 20 mins. No explanation was given. Once we disembarked and passed through immigration, we got outside and ordered our Uber. That was approximately 7:58am. By then the offered price from Uber dropped to $18.28.
By 8.36 we were arriving at MIA.

1663333238747.png

It was a short line to check our bag which took approximately 10 mins. Dh needed an extra long pit stop and we arrived at the gate around 8:50 am. We found seats and dh now has 25+ minutes to kill while getting us some bottled water before we start boarding.

I would not hesitate to book this early flight again. Our alternatives are having a connecting flight or a 2:00pm flight. which, as I sit here bored at the gate, is almost 5 hours from now.

So we just disembarked the Dream with it being our 2nd time we chose a 10:00 flight after a cruise. We were in line for express walk off by 7:25. The ship’s atrium area was already pretty full. CMs were present to direct people
View attachment 702769

We were delayed leaving the ship another 20 mins. No explanation was given. Once we disembarked and passed through immigration, we got outside and ordered our Uber. That was approximately 7:58am. By then the offered price from Uber dropped to $18.28.

View attachment 702770

It was a short line to check our bag which took approximately 10 mins. Dh needed an extra long pit stop and we arrived at the gate around 8:50 am. We found seats and dh now has 25+ minutes to kill while getting us some bottled water before we start boarding.

I would not hesitate to book this early flight again. Our alternatives are having a connecting flight or a 2:00pm flight. which, as I sit here bored at the gate, is almost 5 hours from now.
Thank You for your report. We booked a flight at 11:00. One of us does not have TSA but hoping it still will be okay.

View attachment 702769

View attachment 702770

Did you notice if there were any taxis outside waiting? I am thinking it will be just as easy to hop in a waiting cab then to order an uber.

So we’ve been home for a while now. The later flight we could have chosen (2:00) is 40 mins delayed but even if it were on time, we’d probably be waiting for our luggage right now.
So far I got everything unpacked and I’m on my third load of laundry. Dh put the empty luggage back into the attic and cut the grass.
If you’re feeling motivated, you can get a lot done in a few hours.

That said, it’s not a matter of right or wrong. Everyone has their own level of risk tolerance/aversion so people should choose what feels right for themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter