Flying from Miami after PC Cruise

I fly Delta. Maybe it is due to hubs or just my experience.

There is a joke here in the South that when you die, no matter your final destination, you are going through Atlanta (Delta’s hub). It is the busiest passenger airport in the US.

Delta is not perfect; mainly related to IT (surprise! Just like Disney). But I have not had mechanical problems, unlike my brother who usually flies American (they routinely have issues).

From my home airport, I also have more flight options on Delta. After the first leg (20 minutes to Atlanta), I can go so many places.

And I focus my loyalty miles into their program. Coupled with a credit card that gets me one checked bag. (If you don’t fly much, it’s not a great deal.)

DESTINATION plays into it. There is nowhere I go that is a direct flight from home! I could drive two hours North or South and catch direct flights - and include more carrier options. But that is two more hours of travel, each way. Parking at the airport $$ or having a family member take 4 hours out of their lives (for both dropoff and pickup).

Ultimately, we choose the airport that is 30 minutes from our house (and very manageable - one terminal with 10 gates - which also means nominal TSA Security lines). And it ends up being Delta.

Would I recommend Delta over United? Can’t say I would for someone else. All these carriers offer a product that appeals to a bunch of people.

I would have no issue boarding a flight from Delta, United, American or Southwest. I would wonder if they are going to get me to my destination on time (not a matter of safety). And I would pick Delta - again, track record.

And transfer to a Hawaiian, British Airways, or Air New Zealand flight if it’s in my route. Haven’t had the opportunity to try Qantas.

If you are flying for a cruise July 1-5, you will be in one of the busiest (maybe THE busiest) days if the Summer.

If you want nonstop, here’s a flight from Tampa on July 5. I think that is most restrictive fare. Normal economy (but non refundable) is about $50 pp more. I used age group 4-11 for kids to estimate. The price is airfare and taxes for party of 6).

The plane will be a 3x3 configuration.

United. Arrival time not so late. Plenty of time to cover delays in car rental lines.

Google maps estimates drive time as 2h 19m. I would expect longer. (133 miles/ 214 km). There can be heavy traffic in places - but it is mainly a wide, flat drive on interstate/ divided multi-lane controlled access roads.

Tampa is a relatively easy airport. Maybe one of the nicest in FL. Actually in the US.

IMG_7228.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter