• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flying Fish or Yachtsman???

sanderella

Earning My Ears
Im in a dilemma... one wants to eat at Yachtsman and one wants to eat Flying Fish. Considering atmosphere, food, and service which is best? We are foodies and we have eaten at both but.... its been years. Please help this avid planner.

Since the refurb, I and most people I know don't like Flying Fish as much as we used to. The theming is just about gone from the decor, and I don't like the new menu as much, either. I was at Yachtsman this month and would go again!

I'm not posting with an opinion of what was and now is for either restaurant since my first WDW visit was in July 2017.

I can say emphatically that I would be perfectly happy having a dinner at Flying Fish if it moved to NYC. Great seafood, fish, and roasted meats. Exquisite desserts that not only look but taste good too. The atmosphere and service is conducive for a date, elevated family night or friends.

We'll be eating at Yachtsman this coming summer for the first time. What I anticipate from reading reviews and observing food items on youtube videos is a solid steak house experience, less than stellar cold seafood offerings as far as presentation is concerned, and an attentive staff. Views of the setting don't evoke a date night environment more neutral than that yet we still anticipate a nice family experience.

We enjoyed a lovely meal at the Flying Fish, having convinced our carnivore that he would find something equally as good there as the seafood. He really enjoyed the wagu strip loin, it was succulent and cooked just as he ordered it. (Yes, I had to have a bite) As for the rest of us, we each had different seafood dishes and not a single complaint. (My sea bass was delicious, well prepared, kudos to the chef) I’ve had good food at Yachtman, I just find it incredibly loud. I don’t like Cape May, smells fishy to me but that’s not the case at Flying Fish.

We have eaten at Flying Fish before and after the remodel and the food continues to be very good. Have not eaten at Yatchsman, so can't compare.
I think it comes down to do you want Seafood or Steak? I wouldn't order steak from a Seafood restaurant or Seafood from a Steak House. They may do the other well, bubut rarely as good as their specialty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter