'Flying Coaster' for Jurassic Park?

kellymonaghan

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
There is a report in the Orlando Business Journal that Universal is planning a "flying coaster" for Jurassic Park in IOA.

According to the report, "riders would by laying down on the ride, looking at the ground."

If true, it would be the only one of its kind in the US. Apparently, Alton Towers in the UK is planning something similar.

Care to confirm, anyone?

Kelly,

There was a discussion on this topic about a week ago. You may want to check out this thread.

www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77817

In summary our guru's say it ain't so.

Vekoma has their version of a flying coaters already in several SF parks (three that I know of). This would have been the first B&M one here in the states.

Ahhh, it could be a beautiful thing if done in typical IOA fashion.

hey this is what Orlando Business Journal had to say

"Flying high. Universal Orlando officials won't comment, but there's plenty of speculation that Islands of Adventure may add a "flying" roller coaster in the Jurassic Park section.

Designed to make coasters lovers feel as if they were flying across the tracks, riders would be laying down on the ride, looking at the ground.

For the moment, there's nothing like it in the world, although Alton Towers in England is building a similar coaster. "

I dont know what to say........

I believe Earl's answer will be:

NO
nO
No
no!

Although it would really be cool.....

I don't know about it going to universal, but I know it wouldn't be the first of it's kind. There is one in particular that I know of in Six Flags Washington DC called Batwing....

No, when they were talking about "first of its kind" they meant the first type of flying coaster by B&M. I believe theres a website showing a computer generated version of what it actually looks like some where on an earlier post. Trust me, America doesn't have anything like this.

While there are some differences in the train configuration between the B&M prototype and the Vekoma flying coasters (X-flight, Batwing, Dutchman) that are already in several US parks, once you are in the prone position I'm not sure what will make the B&M version that much different.

I guess it will all depend on the track configuration.

Wow, that'd be great if it could happen. Look forward to that! :)

Just saw the renderings of what the cars might look like, I take back my previous statement LOL :bounce:

so whats the verdict.........this topic really has been vacant from the techs that work there.......maybe the statement is true.....

No, not hardly. This little leak came from Vekoma who was in town a couple of weeks ago touting their coaster. They filed for bankruptcy yesterday.

All I'll say is that there are several things being being considered for the next two expansion projects.

Oh so there are two expansions being planned. THANK GOD something is going on over there!!! This is really relieving news to here because I really thought that Universal was just kickin' back and "lettin' the good times roll". But this changes everything. Well now Earl, you told us that there are several things being discussed for the next two expansions, so do you suppose you can tell us a date of when Universal decides to make it an official annoncement about the first expansion?:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter