Fly into MCO or Tampa?

bobcat

<font color=magenta>I had a horrible case two year
I'm looking for a good fare for DISCON and the flights are more expensive into MCO than Tampa. Sould I consider flying into Tampa and renting a car? The car rentals for the same dates are also cheaper at Tampa than MCO. I would need transportation from MCO and was considering using Mears since I'm solo this trip, but would just get a car if I flew into Tampa. Can you tell I'm confused! ;) Veteran flyers what should I do????

I really don't like to fly so I have little experience booking my own air.

Tampa is a very nice airport and it takes 70-90 mins. to get to WDW from there. Very easy ride.
When the airfare is less expensive there, we will fly in without any hesitation.

Tampa is an o.k. choice if you don't mind the longer drive to Disney.

Not to disagree with Gail H., but Tampa is not as nice as MCO (and the tram from the gates to the terminal do not feature "the voice of Disney).

Be forwarned that if you arrive in Tampa on Delta, you have to go back upstairs from baggage claim, cross over to the other side of the terminal (about the distance of a 2 lane roadway) and then back downstairs to get to the rental cars. It can be a nightmare for the uninitiated!

Have a great trip!

We have flown into Tampa and will do it again in a heartbeat. It's an easy ride to WDW and the flight times are always so much better! Go for it!

Good luck!

Thanks! Sounds like Tampa is a good option for me. I don't mind the drive since I usually drive to WDW from Ohio. ;)

Thanks to the terrific ideas from everyone here, our group got $116 round trip from Chicago to Tampa. Now today I just found and booked $149 for a full size car for a week. We are going Dec. 27-Jan3 and I was really having problems finding cheap air and car. I never expected to find this. Now I can spend more or the better stuff at Disney. Good Luck.
I'm still on a high from the great deals I found!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :jester:

Not to disagree with Gail H., but Tampa is not as nice as MCO (and the tram from the gates to the terminal do not feature "the voice of Disney).

You are absolutely correct, it is not as nice or big as MCO, but, it is one he** of a lot nicer than Bradley (BDL), which, IMHO, is the pits. :) Heck, even the Regional airport that I flew into outside of Bentonville, AK was nicer than Bradley. Do you find it depressing to land there after a really nice vacation?

Hey Gail! I am about to fly out of xna for the first time friday, how bad is it?

Hi,
XNA is not bad at all!!!! I loved the airport, the people are super friendly and the cocktail lounge is wonderful. I had the BEST sausage egg and cheese bisquit I have ever had there. If you see the bartender named April, tell her hi for me. Tell her I was with the crazy group of people from WalMart last October. I was the one that was having the anniversary. :)

I was comparing BDL (Hartford) with XNA only because XNA is a small regional airport that has managed to be clean, pretty, and efficient. BDL is dingy, dirty, totally unattractive and sort mismanaged.

So, where in AK do you live? Do you work for Wal*Mart or Tyson?
LOL. :) Have you ever been to that drive through zoo? I loved that place.

We live in Carroll County, major claim to fame... Eureka Springs. DH & I have both worked for Tyson and he has worked for Wal-Mart as well. We live about 30 miles directly south of Branson, MO, just across the state line. No we have never been to the drive thru zoo.... we live just a few miles from the Passion Play and have never been there either.

We don't care for Silver Dollar City in Branson either.

BTW the abbr. for Arkansas is AR

You are not alone..... people are always suggesting we live in Arizona.

RE: XNA Nice airport, we had a semi private flight to St. Louis. 4 passengers, including us! plus 3 crew members. The flight to St. Louis was uneventful, but I hated the return trip! Turbulence (SP?), it was awful! I think we my drive to Tulsa or Kansas City next time, it is much further, but NO STINKING TURBO PROPS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter