Fluff thread: What weird thing do you find disgusting? (Not normal icky things; I mean oddities.)

OK, thanks. Obviously most of the examples are photoshopped to be like something out a nightmare. But the naturally-occurring things like strawberries, honeycomb or a sponge, I really don't understand the issue. :confused3

My dd say that it makes her skin crawl and she can picture things coming out of the holes. Like I said before, it kind of bothers me now in a "I get what you mean" kind of thing. Even for her it's not like a debilitating thing, it just makes her make a gagging sound when she sees something with too many holes :) It's worse if the holes our irregular. :)

I can’t stand wet sponges either! But I REALLY cannot tolerate hearing anyone file their nails. I have to leave the room. And just looking at nail files gives me shudders. In fact, I’m shuddering now just thinking about them!

Popping gum, I just want to slap the person when I hear it.

The top toilet seat up. I don't want to see in the toilet at all, put both seats down please. It's nasty.

Speaking of toilets, toilet brushes gross me out. I don't use them, they can't get into the cracks and nooks around the hinges, I use gloves and a rag and clorax and scrub. Toilet brushes are just nasty.

Biting into egg shells. If a little bit of shell gets in my eggs and I bite down on it, game over, I gag and everything goes in the trash, including anything else on the plate.
I always thought toilet brushes were for the inside of the bowl? It has never occured to me to use them to clean outer areas of the toilet. I use spry and paper towel to clean around the seat, hinges and outer bowl.

Apparently, the quote I replied to said she hated them BECAUSE you couldn't get "in the cracks and hooks around the hinges". That's outside the bowl??
You're right, I skimmed the post and missed that part.

You're right, I skimmed the post and missed that part.
Like I said, I don't use them, don't even have one in my house. I've seen the cleaning people at the office use them all around the outside of the bottom lid and around the bottom lip of the toilet. When I had a cleaning lady she asked me to buy one, which I did, saw her use it once around the bottom of the bottom seat and threw it away. If you read my post I said I don't use them and they were nasty. I did mention that you couldn't get in the nooks and crannies with them, but since I don't have one and never have, I don't know how people use them other than the two cleaning professionals I've seen use them.

Like I said, I don't use them, don't even have one in my house. I've seen the cleaning people at the office use them all around the outside of the bottom lid and around the bottom lip of the toilet. When I had a cleaning lady she asked me to buy one, which I did, saw her use it once around the bottom of the bottom seat and threw it away. If you read my post I said I don't use them and they were nasty. I did mention that you couldn't get in the nooks and crannies with them, but since I don't have one and never have, I don't know how people use them other than the two cleaning professionals I've seen use them.

I think you need new cleaning "professionals". 😧🤮 Toilet brushes are only meant to be used inside the toilet bowl.

I'm sorry, everyone, but this whole thread gave me such a giggle. It's been a fun read.

Me: the sound of running water. Trickling, gushing, gurgling, any of it, fljbvdljfbvdjlbh.

People touching my discarded hair. My hair is very long, so it's very noticeable when I shed. People at work will pick it up with their bare hands to throw it away and not even blink, and it makes my skin crawl. I can't explain why. I know it isn't dirty because I'm the one who washes it. I know it isn't gross, because I take good, diligent care of it. But holy crap does it gross me out when people touch my shed hair. Tell me so I can pick it up myself!

People licking their fingers while eating.
Stepping in something wet in my stocking feet. I must immediately take my socks off! Just thinking about this makes my feet feel weird🤢

I don’t mind so much people licking their fingers when they’re eating their own food like fried chicken or wings, even though it’s not my favorite thing... what I hate is people licking their fingers while touching food they expect YOU to eat such as when cutting a cake. 🎂

This really wouldn't be an everyday occurrence, but when 2 pairs of scissors collide and come together it's like nails on a chalkboard to the tenth power to me. (Happened in my Anatomy class when we did dissections. Just picturing it gives me the heebie jeebies.)

Agree on both.

I got a good one for you with nail clipping. Working first class during a dinner service. One male passenger declines the meal, not hungry. Then proceeds to take off his shoes and socks and start clipping his toe nails while the rest of first class was being served. :sad2: I had to politely tell him to take that into the lavatory. Who does this?

Heathens....I have seen this as well on a flight and it is just gross....or putting bare feet up on the seat in front of them or on the armrest. Just gross.

MJ

Stepping in something wet in my stocking feet. I must immediately take my socks off! Just thinking about this makes my feet feel weird🤢

OOOOH NO, I HATE THIS, TOO. :rotfl:SO GROSS. I didn't even think about it until you said it. And stepping in something wet in bare feet doesn't inherently bother me! It's just when I have socks on!

I can't eat birthday cake if candles were blown out on it. I imagine saliva particles all over it. It's not just my imagination, though; I'm sure they're really there. I was happy to have the coronavirus excuse for my husband's birthday earlier this month. He picked the candles out of the cake one by one and blew them out not facing the cake or any of us.

I have the small holes aversion too!! Like I've had dreams that my pores were the size of a pencil eraser! :crazy2:
I noticed it more back when for some reason people were posting pictures of these lotus pod things (google it if you don't know what I'm talking about).
I don't know why it bothers me.

Hasselback potatoes, chicken, whatever. Looks like a caterpillar. I'm also squeamish about the kids loose teeth. DH has to be the tooth fairy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter