Flowers and Smileys and Chit Chat, Oh My..... Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZPT1022

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr
Did I tell you about the new girl. I hired her in July and she has taken more time off than I have this WHOLE year.

And right after I hired her she gets pregnant so now she just takes the time off because her back hurts or whatever. Needless to say the boss is none to happy about it.
:sad2:

That is ridiculous :sad2: Ryan has had a few of those at his work but they thankfully got rid of them recently. Not pregnant people, lazy bums who don't want to work. What stinks for you guys is that now it will be hard to get rid of her since she's pregnant. Ugh.

Anita - We are going to sit down and talk to her. And than put her on an hourly basis. She works she gets paid. If she chooses to stay home than she won't get paid for the time she is out of the office anymore.

I am sure that is not going to make her happy, but she has taken almost 3 weeks of PTO. I have not even taken 3 weeks off this Whole year.

Sounds like that talk is overdue. Hopefully she will realize what a jerk she's been and that she's lucky she's getting talked to and not just fired. Maybe this will be the kick in the *A* that she needs

I guess everyone has just been keeping in touch aside from the Disboards and/or everyone's been super busy getting everything ready to be able to go. I know that I've been busy getting meals in the freezer, writing everything down for Ryan for the kids' schedules, etc........... but it feels like no one's really been around lately. Myself included.

Okay, my son is being bad and I am tempted to hit the Ativan before the flight :rolleyes1 so I guess it is naptime for him now. The twins weren't going to nap today but since they woke up the little one I guess that means they can go nap :woohoo:

Jess named the cat "Maggie".:thumbsup2

That's how I was last year, I never really thought I would actually go. Until I finally got on the plane, then I thought "well I guess I am going".:rotfl:

For those of you who are making and freezing some dinners for your families, what are you making ?? I'm sitting here wondering if I should make a couple of things just to make my DHs life a little easier since he does have his Mom to feed now

Well, Ryan is still going to his part time job (2 1/2 hours per day) on Thursday, Friday, and Monday, and my mom will have the kids. She is going to feed them and bathe them so all he has to do is put them in bed when they get home. Sunday he is going to his mom's so that day is all set too. I left a ton of cereal, frozen dumplings in gravy with all kinds of veggies, frozen soups, frozen homemade baked mac & cheese (just not baked yet), and I left him a grocery list and told him to get dough and make homemade pizza (he worked in a pizza place in high school so he is really good at it, knows how to throw the dough and all that good stuff). I also left stuff for pasta night and told him to buy a premade garlic bread. In other words, way more food than they will go through. Kayleigh can buy school lunch, the twins eat sandwiches at home. He is taking each of the twins to breakfast on the day where he only has one of them :goodvibes The Chinese menu is in the drawer. I think they will be okay.

Hey Becky since you already have so many kids at your house too would ya even notice 5 more...:rolleyes1

My ds4 decided to load the dishwasher and run it for me today. I opened it and there were about 6 cups all sitting up nicely (full of water) and a couple of plates.. :lmao: I was dying. He was so proud..

Awww, at least he was trying to help!

Hi ladies!

Just popping in for a minute.

I'm off to get my nails done and go to the grocery store, to stock up easy stuff for Mike and the kids.

It sounds like we are all busy trying to get things done before we leave. But all of the crazy stress over the next two days will be worth in when we are at WDW!!!!

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Tomorrow morning I am going for a haircut. I hope it comes out good since there will be no time to fix it before I leave. If I'm wearing a lot of hats, you all know why. :rotfl:

Im not freezing mine. No one here takes things like out of the freezer to cook it :rolleyes:

Anyway Im making a roast, baked chicken, spaghetti and hamburger patties and maybe a thing of hamburger helper. That stuff will last 4-5 days in the fridge and I know they will heat that stuff up.

Plus I stocked the freezer with frozen foods already cooked like Tyson chicken filets, pot pies and kolaches.

What's a kolache? :confused:

Hey Becky since you already have so many kids at your house too would ya even notice 5 more...:rolleyes1

My ds4 decided to load the dishwasher and run it for me today. I opened it and there were about 6 cups all sitting up nicely (full of water) and a couple of plates.. :lmao: I was dying. He was so proud..

Hey why not, what's five more? :lmao:

That is cute that he decided to help!

Tomorrow morning I am going for a haircut. I hope it comes out good since there will be no time to fix it before I leave. If I'm wearing a lot of hats, you all know why. :rotfl:

I'm sure it will look great!

Jess named the cat "Maggie".:thumbsup2

That's how I was last year, I never really thought I would actually go. Until I finally got on the plane, then I thought "well I guess I am going".:rotfl:

Kayleigh says "Cool" Not much of a response considering she was all curious about it :lmao:

Good to know that this seems to be a somewhat normal mom phenomena. I guess after six years of always being with them it should feel a bit weird to get away alone. I'm wondering if I'll keep turning to look every time some kid shouts for mom :rotfl:

I'm sure it will look great!

I'll find out tomorrow. I've stopped coloring my hair so I've been trying to grow it out and go back to my natural color. I'll be getting it cut to about chin length tomorrow (from down to the bottom of my shoulder blades) to try to have it finally be all one color. I've had it short before but it's been a while. Plus I'm trying a new salon since I won a gift certificate at one of the kids fundraiser raffle things

are you packed and ready to go yet Missy?

Hey Ladies!! :wave: Ok am I the only one who has not even started packing yet? I still have to wash my clothes before i can pack them... This hockey tournament threw me way off this weekend.. I was up till 3am trying to get halloween bags together for the kids. I got 1 out of 5 done.. :rotfl2: The 2 little ones have their parties today at school and tomorrow the other 3 do.. Plus I managed to carve pumpkins with the kids yesterday. Well some of them.. Still have 3 to go..

Hey does anyone else carve the fancy designs into their pumpkins? I did buzz and woody and tigger last night. I have pinocchio, u of michigan; and pooh to do today.
As I told you this morning...YES you are the only one:rolleyes1

Kayleigh says "Cool" Not much of a response considering she was all curious about it :lmao:

Good to know that this seems to be a somewhat normal mom phenomena. I guess after six years of always being with them it should feel a bit weird to get away alone. I'm wondering if I'll keep turning to look every time some kid shouts for mom :rotfl:

If not I will.... :lmao: Hey Kelly's mom is going with us so I get to yell mom all the time now.. :teeth:

are you packed and ready to go yet Missy?

Just did some packing now. I had the clothes clean & folded, just had to put them in the suitcases. I need to go thru my shampoo, etc. & then pack my carry-on.

Evening ladies!!

Is everyone packed and ready to go??? ;) I bet that's what everyone is doing now. Good luck!!

I was out today running errands and then Ruben and I grabbed lunch at the new Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood Hotel. YUMMY!

Now we are still working on homework. What fun. :rolleyes: I'll talk to ya later!

Just did some packing now. I had the clothes clean & folded, just had to put them in the suitcases. I need to go thru my shampoo, etc. & then pack my carry-on.

$5 says Missy is the first one packed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter