• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flos V8 thoughts ?

I got the Pot pie when we visited in June. I liked it a lot. I also ordered the kids fries to go with food I'd brought in. There was no place to sit in Flos, bummer. It was busy since they had opened up block out days. My husband was getting food from the Wharf, so we ate over there.

One of my favorite breakfast spots! Sit outside on the terrace and watch the cars zoom by! We always get the breakfast tamale, the caramel brioche French toast, and split them.

I got the Pot pie when we visited in June. I liked it a lot. I also ordered the kids fries to go with food I'd brought in. There was no place to sit in Flos, bummer. It was busy since they had opened up block out days. My husband was getting food from the Wharf, so we ate over there.
No seating is a bummer!

If you are an egg snob, I wouldn't get the American Breakfast. The eggs are powdered and kind of odd/unnatural looking. The french toast was really good though!

I'm looking forward to trying the pot pie for lunch during our next visit.

If you are an egg snob, I wouldn't get the American Breakfast. The eggs are powdered and kind of odd/unnatural looking. The french toast was really good though!

I'm looking forward to trying the pot pie for lunch during our next visit.
Thanks for the heads up about the eggs!

Breakfast here is a favorite. I agree with previous posts, sit outside and watch the racers go by.

Are you still able to swap out sides (get mac and cheese instead of veggies, for example)? And can you still buy sides like veggies, mac and cheese, etc. on their own?

Are you still able to swap out sides (get mac and cheese instead of veggies, for example)? And can you still buy sides like veggies, mac and cheese, etc. on their own?
You can swap sides on the app and buy them separately. I don't remember if everything is included but I know fruit and fries were for sale and the pot pie comes with fruit but the app gave me an option to have fries. I got the fruit but ordered the kids fries separately.

They have a fantastic breakfast menu. I want to try the new fried chicken. It looks different than the chicken at Plaza Inn. Great atmosphere, especially when you sit outside and watch the Racers cars zoom by.

It's on our list for next time. What are some of your favorites there? We're thinking about mac and cheese in a bread bowl.

Mac and cheese is real good. Also when they have the chili it's good. But at Thanksgiving they have the Turkey pot pie and OMG that is incredible. The pumpkin rice pudding at Thanksgiving is also fantastic. And don't forget the chicken bowls next door at the Lucky Fortune Cookery. That stuff is great also. And Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta that is down past goofy's sky school is probably the best bang for your buck in DCA for a good meal. The pasta is good and the portions are pretty large.

Mac and cheese is real good. Also when they have the chili it's good. But at Thanksgiving they have the Turkey pot pie and OMG that is incredible. The pumpkin rice pudding at Thanksgiving is also fantastic. And don't forget the chicken bowls next door at the Lucky Fortune Cookery. That stuff is great also. And Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta that is down past goofy's sky school is probably the best bang for your buck in DCA for a good meal. The pasta is good and the portions are pretty large.

Thanks for the tips!

PWC is great when there is something good in the bowl. They always seem to keep the clam chowder and that holds no interest from me. Broccoli and cheese? Maybe if I had to make a choice there. Then had corn chowder at one point and that was my go to order. Then they took it off the menu. I am not a big chili fan and would rather just eat somewhere else than eat chili. So I have not dined at PWC for about 5 years or so. But at one point in time I never missed it.

PWC is great when there is something good in the bowl....So I have not dined at PWC for about 5 years or so. But at one point in time I never missed it.
I used to go there a lot, too, but haven't in a while. I get my fix by going to the Boudin Bakery at Main Place Mall, about 10 minutes away

Flo's is our family's traditional last night at Disney meal, we've eaten there on our last night every trip. I was disappointed to read about the menu changes before we went, but we were pleasantly surprised. Our kids got either chicken strips or mac & cheese, to me that is boring, but they had no complaints. Hubby & I shared the fried chicken, along with an extra side of mashed potatoes. We really liked our meal, we both thought it was better than the Plaza Inn fried chicken we had a few days earlier.
Fried chicken better than Plaza Inn? That's high praise indeed. I wanted to try it while we were there, but my family wasn't into it. We ate at Flo's years ago when it first opened and were not impressed.

Fried chicken better than Plaza Inn? That's high praise indeed. I wanted to try it while we were there, but my family wasn't into it. We ate at Flo's years ago when it first opened and were not impressed.

My husband and I just split the fried chicken for lunch. We are huge Plaza fried chicken fans, so I was excited that Flo’s was serving it now and that they participate in mobile ordering, we were disappointed and will not be back. The pieces we received were considerably smaller than anything we have received at The Plaza, especially the dark meat. The white meat was very very dry, and overall it didn’t seem to have as much flavor. We will stick to The Plaza for our chicken fix in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter