Florida Resident Online Verification

twelveone

Yes, we are going back to Disney World!
I will be purchasing the Florida Resident Gold AP using the new online verification. I have been told by the CM on the phone that this means I can use one of my previous Magic Bands to activate my pass directly at the park entrance bypassing Guest Relations. I have a few questions regarding this process.

1. Can I really bypass Guest Relations? That will be a huge timesaver since I have spent as long as an hour activating previous APs.

2. What about parking on the first day? Do I tell the CM that I have purchased an AP since I will not have my AP card?

3. Do I still have to go to Guest Relations to get my AP discount card?

4. Will my kid's pass be verified with my pass?

5. Any recent changes to using the AP I should know about? We have not had an AP in the last 3 years.

I have read some threads that talk about how the online verification should work. I am just wondering if anyone has any real life experience.

Sorry, no help to you but my father has been trying to buy his tix online and verify and the system has not worked for him. He is a newer resident so that might be his issue but I’d love to hear that the system is actually working!

When I renew my AP, I can link it right up to my mb on mde. However, to park you need the actual pass and photo ID. To get discounts in the parks or resort, you need the actual pass and photo id.

DS has a Florida ID. It's come in handy, but I don't remember Disney ever asking to see it.

You'll still need to stop at GS to get the actual pass.

I was under the impression that we needed the actual AP card to be able to take advantage of the discounts and freebies and to have a card # to link to a magicband on MDE, so my plan is to visit Disney Springs to take care of all that before we check in at the resort and before we go to the park. This is my first time having an AP so keep that in mind. I'm just going by what I've been reading online and through Disney.

1. I was under the impression that we needed the actual AP card to be able to take advantage of the discounts and freebies
2. and to have a card # to link to a magicband on MDE,
3. so my plan is to visit Disney Springs to take care of all that before we check in at the resort and before we go to the park.
4. This is my first time having an AP so keep that in mind. I'm just going by what I've been reading online and through Disney.
[/QUOTE]
1. Correct.
2. Not necessarily. Disney can link the AP directly to your MDX account.
3. That, or go to one of the Water Parks. The lines at the ticket/Guest Relations booths should be short, and the parking is free.
4. Have fun!

I will be purchasing the Florida Resident Gold AP using the new online verification. I have been told by the CM on the phone that this means I can use one of my previous Magic Bands to activate my pass directly at the park entrance bypassing Guest Relations. I have a few questions regarding this process.

1. Can I really bypass Guest Relations? That will be a huge timesaver since I have spent as long as an hour activating previous APs.

2. What about parking on the first day? Do I tell the CM that I have purchased an AP since I will not have my AP card?

5. Any recent changes to using the AP I should know about? We have not had an AP in the last 3 years.

I have read some threads that talk about how the online verification should work. I am just wondering if anyone has any real life experience.
We actually just did this in June.

1. Go to a normal ticket booth at the park of your choice. We did that and had no one in front of us. We just had to show our Florida drivers license. The whole process took like 10-15 minutes (she was new)
2. Pay for parking and when you go to get your AP they will give you a refund.
3. They will give you the AP card right then if you do it at a ticket window
4. & 5. I’m not sure about these

I was really hoping that with the online verification I could skip guest relations and the ticket counter and just go straight to the park. That was the implication I got from the CM I talked to. If not, there really is no reason to have the online verification.

I was really hoping that with the online verification I could skip guest relations and the ticket counter and just go straight to the park. That was the implication I got from the CM I talked to. If not, there really is no reason to have the online verification.
Oh I didn’t do the online verification. Sorry I missed that in your original post. I’m not sure how that works

Oh I didn’t do the online verification. Sorry I missed that in your original post. I’m not sure how that works
It’s no problem, I appreciate the reply. Apparently the online verification is new and it seems that no one has experience with it yet. Our trip is Thanksgiving week so I am wanting to bypass guest services since I expect the line to be long that week. I will report back with my experience.

It’s no problem, I appreciate the reply. Apparently the online verification is new and it seems that no one has experience with it yet. Our trip is Thanksgiving week so I am wanting to bypass guest services since I expect the line to be long that week. I will report back with my experience.
Yeah let us know how it goes! I hope it goes smoothly and you’re able to skip guest services

1. I used the online verification a few weeks ago and was able to go straight to the park without going to guest relations.

2. I didn’t have to pay for parking on the first day but it was late and they were waving people with magic bands through.

3. I did go to a ticket booth for a new AP card a couple weeks after getting my AP. Still needed a new one for discounts.

4. No idea on this one as my kid isn’t old enough to need a ticket yet. My DH did need to input his own info for his pass.

5. No changes that I’ve come across. They do still ask for ID for discounts and any specials. They may just scan your band without ID for parking; but some CMs will ask for it so have it available. There are passholder lines at park entrance but they aren’t always the fastest way in.

1. Can I really bypass Guest Relations? That will be a huge timesaver since I have spent as long as an hour activating previous APs. Yes. I just got my pass last week online and did the verification online. I went to Disney this weekend (yestersday) I did not have to go to Guest Relations to get in. Also I can pull up my pass on my phone (Disney APP) and get the discount. I do not have a card.

2. What about parking on the first day? Do I tell the CM that I have purchased an AP since I will not have my AP card? Your pass is connected to you MDE account and if you scan your band it will allow you to park. I also imagine you can pull up your pass on your phone to show the parking attendant.

3. Do I still have to go to Guest Relations to get my AP discount card? NO!

4. Will my kid's pass be verified with my pass? I verified my husbands online as well.

Not that I can tell

Thank you for the first hand experience! I will be purchasing the passes next month for us to use the week of Thanksgiving. I am assuming they will expire one year from first use not date purchased.

I have the Gold DVC pass. For the AP discounts, the CM told me that you can show the AP in your MDE account along with ID for the discount. It has worked great!

I have the Gold DVC pass. For the AP discounts, the CM told me that you can show the AP in your MDE account along with ID for the discount. It has worked great!

Unfortunately, there are only a few times/places that it might work.
Many (most?) of the CMs at most locations require seeing the "AP Card."

I've never understood why it was NOT DESIGNED to work with a MB scan, but the "AP Card" has been
the way to reliably get the discounts.

Thank you for the first hand experience! I will be purchasing the passes next month for us to use the week of Thanksgiving. I am assuming they will expire one year from first use not date purchased.
APs can ONLY be ACTIVATED in-person at WDW, so no matter when an "AP certificate" is purchased,
it cannot start "counting down" its year of usefulness until the guest uses it for the first time to enter a WDW park.

Unfortunately, there are only a few times/places that it might work.
Many (most?) of the CMs at most locations require seeing the "AP Card."

I've never understood why it was NOT DESIGNED to work with a MB scan, but the "AP Card" has been
the way to reliably get the discounts.

Really? I had no problem with showing an active pass from my MDE account several times over the past 3 trips (May, July & August). Just showed them the picture of my pass showing the AP was still active, along with my license, and got my discount. Both the parks, resorts, and stores at Disney Springs took it this way.

2. Not necessarily. Disney can link the AP directly to your MDX account.

I think mine is already linked but I bought a second one for my mom, and I don't think her AP is linked yet.
(this way if she gets invited to WDW from family or friends while I'm out of town working, she can use her AP for free parking and meal discounts)

I'm happy to hear that the online verification is indeed working for Florida residents. My dad got his FL license just over 6 weeks ago and he is still unable to be verified.

Thanks for all the replies! Our plan will be for my wife to use the online verification for her's and the kids tickets and I will use the online verification for my ticket. That should mean that we do not have to go to guest relations especially if we can use the app for the discounts.

A related question: Is the Fast Pass window still at 30 days for APs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter