Florida Fishing????

Amberly303

Earning My Ears
My husband , son , and I will be in Florida on March 16th for 2 weeks. Since we have plenty of time my husband would like to take my son( 7 yrs old) fishing. Can anyone suggest a nice lake to fish in? My husband perfers to Bass fish but im sure any kind of fishing will suit him fine. We have checked into going on a Chartered Boat but i dont really wanna put out that kind of money for 4 hours of fishing.

They have bass fishing excursions that leave from several places around wdw. I don't recall the exact price, but it was under $50 for a two hour trip. the fishing was really good, I caught several large bass. just an idea.

Fished on site last Aug, left wilderness lodge at 6:00am for a 3 hour trip and caught 23 bass. The trip cost $210 for the boat and you can bring up to 4 fishermen(we had 3 in the boat). A guide is provided who you must (should tip). The best part was fishing all alone in front of the magic kingdom and other landmarks and seeing the sunrise and the place come to life. The fish we caught were all in the 2-3 pound range and must be released but it was still fun. Ther e are also many lakes in the area that provide rental boats or guides or you can fish from shore ( if you fish in Disney no license is needed). Also about 1 hour south is a place called the stick marsh which is a flooded orange grove where the big ones can be found. Best place I ever fished. If you want to fish disney you should make your reservations now, if you want offsite just pick-up a pamphlet at any tourist stand and call them. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter