Floors in Pop Century

No. Renovations at POP are complete and carpet has been removed from all rooms.

Enjoy your vacation!

I've stayed in them about 6 times and I believe they are all vinyl.

It is tough to clean (I have a room at home)
and we have found the floors in POP swept but not particularly clean.

We find there are lots of scuffs, marks and they leave us with dirty socks.

I am sitting at the moment in my mom’s room at a nursing home where she’s temporarily staying. Except for the mickey picture over the bed, the photo of the Pop room posted above looks like a smaller version of her room except mom’s closet is bigger.

I've stayed in them about 6 times and I believe they are all vinyl.

It is tough to clean (I have a room at home)
and we have found the floors in POP swept but not particularly clean.

We find there are lots of scuffs, marks and they leave us with dirty socks.
Yep, this is what I was saying when they started putting these floors in and many posters kept saying it will be so much cleaner than carpet. The bottom line is that these floors will not be washed regularly and like you said sweeping and vacuuming is not enough. I read a Disser that brought their wet/dry swiffer with them. Even though I should not have to clean after paying so much $ to stay, DW likes that idea and since we drive we will also be bringing ours. It will be very handy especially on rainy days

I am sitting at the moment in my mom’s room at a nursing home where she’s temporarily staying. Except for the mickey picture over the bed, the photo of the Pop room posted above looks like a smaller version of her room except mom’s closet is bigger.

:laughing:

We found the floor in our room at Pop to fall in the not cleaned well category. Probably because it was raining when housekeeping was there. I just love muddy footprints when I come back from the park. And really, if it's raining when they're there, there's really nothing they can do about it. I totally understand that. I would just rather not see it. Better to have it hidden in the carpet, which could be vaccumed, rather than this vinyl floor that they're only sweeping. I know some people have taken a Swiffer on vacation with them, but I'm on vacation. I don't cook on vacation, I don't do laundry on vacation, I don't even legitimately unpack on vacation. You can bet I will not be Swiffering on vacation.

Carpet would also be dirty, just not as visibly or as easy to clean up. :P
Just bring your Swiffer from home! ;)

ETA: Hah! Beat me to it. That post is now a DIS classic!

I read a Disser that brought their wet/dry swiffer with them. Even though I should not have to clean after paying so much $ to stay, DW likes that idea and since we drive we will also be bringing ours. It will be very handy especially on rainy days

I know some people have taken a Swiffer on vacation with them, but I'm on vacation. I don't cook on vacation, I don't do laundry on vacation, I don't even legitimately unpack on vacation. You can bet I will not be Swiffering on vacation.

Maybe Swiffer should do a promotional sponsorship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter