Floor Plans for AKV Lodge 2 Bedroom Lock-off -SV

lisareniff

DIS Veteran
Found this on the Orange County Comptroller Web site...
2ih1bih.jpg

Very interesting! Looks like the master bath has dual sinks but no separate shower stall. I like the L-shaped kitchen. I don't see a master BR closet, though. I wonder if they are putting in some sort of free-standing armoire or something? For the studio, it looks like they converted the hotel room closet into a kitchenette so they will have to provide something similar for a closet for the studio.

I hope that doesn't mean we don't get a safe. I know in the HA studios at BWV, there is an armoire rather than a closet and since the safes are normally in the closet, there is no safe in those rooms.

You said you found these on the OC controller site. Can you tell us how you tracked them down? I've been copying over all the AKV docs so I would like to add this one to my collection. Thanks!

These are conversions of the deluxe rooms on the kudu and zebra trails on the 5th floor that will be either savanna(h) view or pool view(standard??).

The plans filed had 8 identical plans (shown above) for each side of the building segements on some of the zebra trail. Some of these building segments have two more 'rooms' on each side. I would expect those to be studios from what I have heard. There were not plans for the ends of the trail. (I'm hoping GV's will go here. There will be 6 so it will work nicely.)

AKV document

I'm not sure if this will link, but thought I would give it a try.

If not it is easy to find. Search the Orange County Comptroller site (occompt.com) by putting in disney for name and 'con drw' for document type. This doucment was recorded 2/21 (If I remembered that date correctly)

These are conversions of the deluxe rooms on the kudu and zebra trails on the 5th floor that will be either savanna(h) view or pool view(standard??).

The plans filed had 8 identical plans (shown above) for each side of the building segements on some of the zebra trail. Some of these building segments have two more 'rooms' on each side. I would expect those to be studios from what I have heard. There were not plans for the ends of the trail. (I'm hoping GV's will go here. There will be 6 so it will work nicely.)
Yes, I'm also betting that the GVs will be at the ends of each trail segment. On another thread, SuzanneSLO said she thought there would be 6 GVs and that fits well with this theory! I really can't see where else the GVs could go.

So... how do I pull up this document on the OC website?

ETA: Your link works just fine! Thanks!!

I don't see a master BR closet, though. I wonder if they are putting in some sort of free-standing armoire or something? For the studio, it looks like they converted the hotel room closet into a kitchenette so they will have to provide something similar for a closet for the studio.

Lisa, when I went back to take a closer look after saving, photoshopping, saving, transfering and posting that image, that was the first thing I noticed. NO CLOSET!:scared1:

I do like the smaller more open kitchen.

Yes, I'm also betting that the GVs will be at the ends of each trail segment. On another thread, SuzanneSLO said she thought there would be 6 GVs and that fits well with this theory! I really can't see where else the GVs could go.

I'm still wondering about the Pres. and VP suite areas. Those are some nice circular livingrooms that they had. It would make a great GV as well.

Overall, it looks like they've done a nice job given it's a conversion of existing hotel rooms. Can't wait to see how the GVs turn out, not that I'll ever be staying in one but it's fun to dream!

Pretty disappointing, IMO.

DVD is going to make over a million dollars in up-front revenue for each two-bedroom unit, and it really looks like they've taken the cheap route on these conversions. No jacuzzi tub...little closet space...terrible kitchen.

Two months ago I was contemplating an add-on. Sadly the more I see the more disappointed I am.

I don't know, looks to me like the tub in the master is longer than in the second bedroom. Maybe it is a jetted tub.

DVD is going to make over a million dollars in up-front revenue for each two-bedroom unit, and it really looks like they've taken the cheap route on these conversions. No jacuzzi tub...little closet space...terrible kitchen.

Two months ago I was contemplating an add-on. Sadly the more I see the more disappointed I am.

I agree - not impressed. If this is how they plan the AKL conversions, I would never spend the points for a 1 or 2-br there. Maybe a studio if I want to stay in the lodge, but that's it. I have to assume the main DVC building will have better layouts. It doesn't have to be the traditional layout we've seen at other resorts, but this is unacceptable. I wonder, when the new building is done and AKV is in full swing, will a request for the AKV vs. the AKL conversions be guaranteed? I hope so.

I have to say, it's not what I was thinking either. Not your typical DVC accomodations IMO. Hopefully the new builds will be alot better. But these look like hotel rooms with no closets. Also I've also wondered if you can specify AKV or AKL when you make your reservation. Frankly after the new buildings are finished, I wouldn't want to stay in the lodge itself.

It's DVC, I'm sure it'll be nice overall. Thinking of other hotel conversions I"ve seen, the only ones I recall seeing that had a jacuzzi actually had it projecting out in the BR. But I'd be willing to bet there will be those that prefer in the lodge vs those that prefer the other building and I'm sure the aspects of the conversion will play a large roll in that.

Agreed - what a :headache:

Cheers
jaysue

If I'm reading the odd page number documents correctly- it looks like most of this work on the pool side of AKL (right side), I thought it was the Sunset Savannah area (left side) that was getting converted?

Do you think there's more phases to the Lodge conversion?

I don't know, looks to me like the tub in the master is longer than in the second bedroom. Maybe it is a jetted tub.

Looks bigger to me, too. However, there is no seperate shower unfortunately.

Can anyone make out a w/d in the units?

I'm sure the units will be beautiful and the galley kitchen would not bother me but give me that w/d.

The middle studios will be such an easy retrofit it would appear.

Can anyone make out a w/d in the units?

I'm sure the units will be beautiful and the galley kitchen would not bother me but give me that w/d.

I think I see one in the closet next to the master bedroom. It looks like the right shape and room for a vacuum.

I will miss the shower. We hardly touch the tub but love the large walk-in showers in the present DVC units. Even my girls come into our bathroom to shower.

I'm fine with the galley kitchen not sure if I like the layout, maybe it's the location of the connecting door. I was even wondering if they would make a mini kitchen. We stayed at one upscale hotel in Toronto once that had a very cool galley mini kitchen. Smallish frig, small dishwasher, small sink, 2 burner stove and micro. I think that size would have suited us fine this last trip.

I am in agreement with others. A bit disappointed in the lack of closet space and then possibly, the lack of an in-room safe. But I guess we will have to wait and see.

I am sure the rooms will look great, and I am still THRILLED and LUCKY to own at AKV, but still a bit disappointed.

I am hoping the new buildings will be closer to the DVC room layouts we are used to.

ok first I really like the idea of the connecting door in the kitchen.

Second what is across from the toilet and next to the double sinks and then between the double sinks and the master bedroom?

They look like they could be either a shower or a washer /dryer and or a closet with something in it , maybe the washer dryer with the other space a shower?

If I'm reading the odd page number documents correctly- it looks like most of this work on the pool side of AKL (right side), I thought it was the Sunset Savannah area (left side) that was getting converted?
All of the sixth floor and most of the fifth floor is being converted -- everything but some of the rooms that face the parking lot. ETA: The part of the fifth floor that is being converted is shown on Page 1 of the document.

Do you think there's more phases to the Lodge conversion?
It looks like the lodge conversion is being done in stages, which makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter