Flooding at HRH, RP, Portofino after Ian

Oh my goodness, there are trees down too!!!

Its quite incredible to see the damage flooding can do.

Glad you posted them.

Oh my goodness, there are trees down too!!!

Its quite incredible to see the damage flooding can do.

Glad you posted them.
Makes me wonder what the parks look like -- I saw a pic earlier that Hulk was flooded (the part where you shoot "underground" completely covered with water) but am not sure if it was verified.

There was a photo posted on Molly's (formerly of All Ears) Instagram account, Mammoth Club, of the Jurassic Park building drop area where the siding was completely torn away from the building. And it was a LARGE hole.

Makes me wonder what the parks look like -- I saw a pic earlier that Hulk was flooded (the part where you shoot "underground" completely covered with water) but am not sure if it was verified.
They showed that pic on the Weather Channel, so hopefully it's a legit photo.

Uhh I'm scared that some of the rides will not be operational when we get there next week. Do they generally try to get them up and running asap? I'm assuming they are pretty good about that. I was looking forward to the Jurassic park one! :guilty:

Well not a kid, but did enjoy some popcorn in the ballrooms, as well as characters, in the ballrooms and lobby. Here are two I saw, though also saw the guy I posted yesterday, but one picture of a character is all I post. LoL.

EC315FD1-8242-43F7-8E0F-9752EC91CEDE.jpeg

5EA39F37-CD2B-4C3C-936C-CAFD37D100B4.jpeg

And one from my walk to RPR, pool is overflowing:
912F6027-3844-40E8-B608-59FB540A1607.jpeg

Thanks for all the pictures from Bag and Zilla.

Uhh I'm scared that some of the rides will not be operational when we get there next week. Do they generally try to get them up and running asap? I'm assuming they are pretty good about that. I was looking forward to the Jurassic park one! :guilty:
Yes, they do. I take it you’ve not been before?
While fun I guess, Jurassic is not a “not miss” ride really.

Jurassic Park is a “must do” ride for us too.

It looks like a huge gap so might take some time to fix.

They‘re concerned about the amount of flooding around though, just spoke to one of the managers and they said it was worse than they thought in some areas. So it’s not great.

Wondering about the parks opening tomorrow 😔

Took some pics around RP on the way to hang in the ballroom for a bit. Can’t believe how high the water came up.

Attachments

• 8F7109D7-BE33-4140-8FAF-D6D0109A9A87.jpeg
    8F7109D7-BE33-4140-8FAF-D6D0109A9A87.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 83
  • F3561098-8E2E-4180-A4A7-2D5DC7FEDC3D.jpeg
    F3561098-8E2E-4180-A4A7-2D5DC7FEDC3D.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 1FF937A1-451D-4055-B3DA-A5F161A94E9A.jpeg
    1FF937A1-451D-4055-B3DA-A5F161A94E9A.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 84
Some amazing pictures from this morning on Bioreconstruct Twitter of the flooding around RP, Sapphire and other parts of UOR….

There was a lot of water around this morning and yes, the plane in the lagoon is submerged further than usual and the picture of the boats getting higher under the bridges is quite unusual.

RP pool is being cleared as I type and they hope to open it tomorrow at noon.

We went walking about 3pm
RP boat dock will need work to be useable. However, no biggie, use the bus instead
No, the path to City walk was not clear
Fun times in ball room with movie and games
We sat at the bar at Orchid Lounge and had a great night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter