• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Float wreck at MK

simba20

DIS Veteran
Have a friend at MNSSHP right now, and she just witnessed two floats run into each other during the parade. Not sure of how fast the floats were going, but she said two characters fell off the float.

Interesting.. have to keep an eye out on this one

Floats only go about 2 - 3 mph and anyone riding on them are attached with safety harnesses.

Anyone else know anything more on this?

I don't know...they are also pretty far away from one another, too. If I'm remembering correctly it's usually a float then dancers than float with quite a bit of space. Unless one lost it's brakes or something like that seems pretty hard to do.

Floats only go about 2 - 3 mph and anyone riding on them are attached with safety harnesses.

They aren't all attached. Peter Pan and Captain Hook run around on their floats.

Nothing has been posted on Twitter about a Disney Parade/Float crash. Nor has anything been posted about it on Google within the past hour. I don't think it's likely. :/ Especially with how the floats/performers are spaced.

a quick Yahoo search with the terms "disney float accident" brings up results that this type of thing has happened before.

Maybe it was two people dressed for the party, using rental scooters?
:confused3

Oh my goodness...my heart just dropped reading this! I am trying to remember which floats run back to back without performers walking/dancing between and I can't place one. We watched the BTY parade 5 times last week.

Maybe it was two people dressed for the party, using rental scooters?
:confused3

I think it is more likely that a mom pushing an empty stroller decided to use it as a battering ram, but made a poor choice of adversaries by deciding to do battle with an ECV rider laying on their horn, hellbent on parting the crowd at MK like Moses parted the Red Sea.

I mean, which do you bet on? Godzilla or King Kong? It's an age old question. :confused3

I was there! Saw the whole thing happen. We were in Frontierland and the float with a dancing chicken went by, no dancers in between, then a float with a skeleton band started coming by, and it looked at first like they were running late or something. Right after they passed us the float started speeding up, and I thought it was going faster to catch up to the rest of the parade. Not so: next DH says "holy crap that float's gonna crash into the other one." sure enough it did. It wasn't a huge deal, it didn't look like anyone got hurt but you saw the skeleton guys kind of waver or whatever when they crashed. They got off the float and headed back to where the floats come out of. At this point another float with maleficent and evil queen, etc. had come out and stopped, they just had to keep on dancing like nothing was wrong. After a couple minutes all the parade people were told to get off the floats and go back to where they came out of, and then a bunch of maintenance guys came running out. That was the end of that parade.

Oh no! Thanks for the update -- I hope everyone is okay. :wizard:

My friend was there toot! She posted on fb that something happenedbut didn't say what! It's been driving me nuts, hope everyone is ok

I was there too! We were etting further down on Main Street. No one around me seemed to notice but the float with the skelton crew had a tractor behind and one in front. The cast at mk came running buy and they were trying to get peopke out of the way to get the float to turn right and into the backstage area instead of going around the circle in front of the train station. I felt like the parade ended abruptly with just the 2 evil ladies on a float (can't remember their names) and a goofys candy co. truck.

Does anyon know if the 2nd parade was longer? This is my 3rd year of mnsshp and I seem to remember more floats!

I was there too! We were etting further down on Main Street. No one around me seemed to notice but the float with the skelton crew had a tractor behind and one in front. The cast at mk came running buy and they were trying to get peopke out of the way to get the float to turn right and into the backstage area instead of going around the circle in front of the train station. I felt like the parade ended abruptly with just the 2 evil ladies on a float (can't remember their names) and a goofys candy co. truck.

Does anyon know if the 2nd parade was longer? This is my 3rd year of mnsshp and I seem to remember more floats!

When I saw the parade back on 10/2 I can tell you that it ended with the Goofy Candy Company trucks, so it sounds like you got the proper ending of the parade.

When I saw the parade back on 10/2 I can tell you that it ended with the Goofy Candy Company trucks, so it sounds like you got the proper ending of the parade.

Agreed. Same ending on 10/6 - Goofy's Candy Company followed by a "The End" sign.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter