FLL/ Miami Car Sevice/ Transportation question

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
We are flying into FLL and staying at the Westin on Corporate Drive the night before our cruise. I need to figure out how to get all 5 of us from the FLL airport, to the hotel, then to the cruise port the following day and the exact same thing in reverse order following the cruise.

I have looked at just renting a car, but the drop off before the cruise is seeming like a hassle I'm not sure I want to deal with.

My question is, what would you do to make all of these transports easy? Rent a car? uber? private limo/ transport?

Who would you use?

Thanks!

just subbing in because we have to get transportation from the Miami port to FLL and am curious about recommendations.

I flew into FLL for a Miami cruise (not on Disney - oh my) Our hotel had shuttle pick up from the airport. It was a Hilton Garden Inn just south of the airport. We did a Uber (or lyft) from hotel to port of Miami. It took around 45 minutes. There was traffic.

Our ship had transportation from the port to FLL. I'm sure Disney does also.

Good luck.

I flew into FLL for a Miami cruise (not on Disney - oh my) Our hotel had shuttle pick up from the airport. It was a Hilton Garden Inn just south of the airport. We did a Uber (or lyft) from hotel to port of Miami. It took around 45 minutes. There was traffic.

Our ship had transportation from the port to FLL. I'm sure Disney does also.

Good luck.
unfortunately Disney does not transfer to FLL. However some has said they have a tour that you can buy onboard that will give a tour of Miami and then a few transfers to FLL or MIA airports But this would only be for people with later flights.

We are flying into FLL and staying at the Westin on Corporate Drive the night before our cruise. I need to figure out how to get all 5 of us from the FLL airport, to the hotel, then to the cruise port the following day and the exact same thing in reverse order following the cruise.

I have looked at just renting a car, but the drop off before the cruise is seeming like a hassle I'm not sure I want to deal with.

My question is, what would you do to make all of these transports easy? Rent a car? uber? private limo/ transport?

Who would you use?

Thanks!

Does the Westin have a shuttle from the airport? That would take care of your first leg.

The service that we use from Fort Lauderdale is SAS transportation - http://www.ridesas.com/

You can book a round-trip from the Fort Lauderdale airport with them. They also pick up from some Fort Lauderdale area hotels.

Does the Westin have a shuttle from the airport? That would take care of your first leg.

The service that we use from Fort Lauderdale is SAS transportation - http://www.ridesas.com/

You can book a round-trip from the Fort Lauderdale airport with them. They also pick up from some Fort Lauderdale area hotels.

Thanks for the idea. The hotel doesn't have a shuttle, so we may need to grab a cab or uber. Thanks!

We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation. $15pp one way from FLL.
We stayed at the FLL Springhill Suites. Our flight arrived at midnight, so we took a cab to the hotel. We used Jiffy Jeff the next morning from the hotel to the port and it worked great.

We have done both shuttle service and car rental. There were pros and cons to both. The car rental wasn't a hassle at all. It did allow us to explore on our own a little bit before our later flight. We had five people and were able to rent a van easily. For five people, it was actually probably the most economical.

Next time around, I will probably do the shuttle service again, but I will avoid SAS. I wasn't happy with their service (I felt that the driver made some unsafe choices) and I feel like my concerns weren't really addressed in a follow-up. I've heard good things about Jiffy Jeff.

We Uber'ed to our hotel on South Beach, Uber'ed to the port a couple days later, and then Uber'ed back to FLL from the port when we returned. It was about 45 minutes' ride and $40-50 each trip. Super easy!

just subbing in because we have to get transportation from the Miami port to FLL and am curious about recommendations.
We too are flying home from FLL. We are booked with Jiffy Jeff Transportation. Since our flight home is 2:30 I feel that we will have be plenty of time to get to the airport.

We too are flying home from FLL. We are booked with Jiffy Jeff Transportation. Since our flight home is 2:30 I feel that we will have be plenty of time to get to the airport.
You'll have loads of time. Too much probably. Our flight home was a 2pm or so flight, and we arrived around 9. Had to wait around near the entrance to the terminal cause the airline wouldn't take our bags until 11pm. :(

Our hotel had a shuttle from the airport so we used that to get to the hotel. But then we used Jiffy Jeff Transportation from the hotel to the Port of Miami, and then from the Port to the airport. Very efficient and great service.

Who would you use?

Thanks!

We've done cabs (more or less 90$ from our FLL hotel to the Port of Miami).

You'll have loads of time. Too much probably. Our flight home was a 2pm or so flight, and we arrived around 9. Had to wait around near the entrance to the terminal cause the airline wouldn't take our bags until 11pm. :(
O no, that's not good. I'll just act like I don't know about this ;-)

I assume you meant the airline would not take your luggage until 11 AM. Correct? I think its 3 or 4 hours before flight time. What is the latest we can get off the ship? Anyone know? Our flight is at 2 pm.

I assume you meant the airline would not take your luggage until 11 AM. Correct? I think its 3 or 4 hours before flight time. What is the latest we can get off the ship? Anyone know? Our flight is at 2 pm.

They prefer to have people off the ship by 9. They have to turn the entire ship and it must be cleared of all passengers before they can begin the process to be ready to board the next cruisers. The longer people dawdle on board, the later the boarding begins for the people waiting. It's not fair to make them wait just because you have a later flight.

They prefer to have people off the ship by 9. They have to turn the entire ship and it must be cleared of all passengers before they can begin the process to be ready to board the next cruisers. The longer people dawdle on board, the later the boarding begins for the people waiting. It's not fair to make them wait just because you have a later flight.
Oh we will be off by 9 I’m sure. We will have the late breakfast since we have Kate dining. I have no intention of screwing the next guests by being the very last guest off the ship. I was never officially told departure time so that is why I asked the question. We usually are early dining and early breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter