"flipping axles"

tiggereyore

The laughter of a child is the light of a house
Some of you may remeber my thread from april, when I asked about this being done. Well after talking with lots of different dealers and such I sort of waffled on the issue. Last week I decided just to do it. After talking with a local garage I decided I was better off with a leaf and spring shop doing this. The one he reccommened was in Barre (50 mins from home) DH got it there at 7:30 on thurs (7/1) and was done including readjusting the hitch and out the door at 10am. They did need my truck to move it (or at least Tom felt more comfortable that way).
NOW TO THE RESULTS!!!!

WOW:Pinkbounc:earseek: :earseek: :bounce:
It is unbeilveable. We gained 5" the steps are at a perfect height now just don't try getting in and out of that puppy with out them.
Iforgot they weren't out after dumping and:hyper: crashed out. At least I'm laughing at myself and Tom didn't see me. I wished we had done this sooner. No more scraping, dumping was a breeze because we were up. Surprisingly enough I didn't lose gas milage with it, although we did have the kayaks breaking the wind. Haven't really tested just hauling it.
Just thought I'd let you all know.

How much did it end up costing you. My trailer is so low that I scrape going over a pebble.....

Live4FW
I had quotes ranging from 250 to 600. the spring shop had quoted 300-400 but it went so easy he only charged the 250. It does depend on the set up of the brakes and how they are attached ours didn't need to be touched so that helped.
Ours had dropped axles in it, some shops say they can't be changed, so you'll have to check around. Many dealers can do this the closest fleetwood dealer to us is 1 1/2 to 2 hrs depending on traffic and I didn't want to haul it all the way there, he's the 250 quote I had to start with. If you go back and search my name you'll find the orignal thread many have done this themselves and Tom could have done it but getting that thing up off the ground would have been a challenge. The shop had a pit so it went really fast, and they do 1 a week so I felt it was a great place to go. they deal in springs all day long and had everything there no need to have dealers order parts.
Any other questions I'd be glad to try and help. I can't tell you how happy I am that we did this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter