• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flint, Michigan park sleep fly hotels

greenclan67

Callie35
Hello all, I posted this on the Canadian board as well. This will be a first time flying from Flint. We usually fly Buffalo. But couldn't beat the $102 flights on Southwest on Dec 23rd. So it is all new to us, Flint, Southwest, flying into Tampa not MCO.
I know Flint is a small airport, so that doesn't concern me. We have an early (7:00am) non stop. Anyone have any recommondations on a park,sleep and fly? Is there anywhere to get something to eat at the airport? If not, I will just bring some muffins with me.
Flying home, our flight is at 9:05 am from Tampa to FNT. Any recommondations on a hotel at the airport for the night before? We are going to drop our car off that night, and stay at a airport hotel to catch our flight home?
TIA

Hi!
I fly out of Flint Bishop International Airport whenever I go to WDW. It is about 45 minutes from my house. Love the smallness of the airport and easy check-in, etc. There are a few sm privately run snackbars/lounges in the airport, but nothing spectacular like a large sit down resturant. :) I know I have seen a few hotels on the way into the airport, but I usually do not pay much attention to them as it is super early in the morning or late at night. Sorry I can't be of help there. I tried looking on the airport website, but not much info on any close lodging. Maybe you could call the airport to get information on close hotels. I know we will be flying United out of Flint Bishop this coming Oct 3for 6 nights at WDW. Sorry I could not be of more help....might try searching one of the travel websites like Priceline.com to see if any close hotels pop up near the airport...have a great time at WDW!!!!:)

just did some searching online and if you search under "Flint Bishop Hotels" you will get a listing you can search from.... hope this helps..

There is a nice Holiday Inn on Hill Road in Grand Blanc. Not much in the way of dining in the airport. What is there is very expensive. There is a McDonalds just down the road from the airport. If you stay at the Hill Road airport there is a Tim Hortons East of the Holiday Inn. Hill/Fenton Road where you could get muffins the night before. There is also a large Meijers grocery store really close to the Holiday Inn. Open 24 hours.There is all a motel across from the airport. I dont know much about this motel. I believe it is next to the economy lot. If you were to park in the economy lot you are shuttled across the street to the airport. Love this little airport. I am south by about 15 minutes and always fly Bishop. Security goes fast and boarding always goes quickly. Susan

Thanks so much. I have been told the Wingate by wydham, comfort inn ad suites, hampton inn and holiday inn all in grand blanc would be the best bet. I will look into it thank you.

Thanks so much. I have been told the Wingate by wydham, comfort inn ad suites, hampton inn and holiday inn all in grand blanc would be the best bet. I will look into it thank you.

I believe some are on Holly Road. Just a little further from the airport. Nice area by the Hospital. Just a ways down the road on Saginaw St you will find a Tim Hortons,McDonalds several restaurants and an A&W. Don't stay at any on Miller Road or Pierson Road. Pick either Grand Blanc Road or Holly Road.

I believe some are on Holly Road. Just a little further from the airport. Nice area by the Hospital. Just a ways down the road on Saginaw St you will find a Tim Hortons,McDonalds several restaurants and an A&W. Don't stay at any on Miller Road or Pierson Road. Pick either Grand Blanc Road or Holly Road.

Thanks Poohs Pal. Have you used any of the hotels on these roads. Thanks

Thanks Poohs Pal. Have you used any of the hotels on these roads. Thanks
I

I used the Holiday Inn on Hill Road about 15 years ago while having work done on my house. Decent hotel. DD stayed at the Holiday Inn Express by Genesis Hospital off Holly Road. She said it was nice. It is where they sometimes house the interns and visiting doctors. The rest I have not stayed at before even though all the hotels/motels looked decent on Holly Road in Grand Blanc. Not sure if any provide park and fly. If it were me I would just park in the economy lot across from the airport and take the shuttle to the front of the airport. It is a very small airport and all check in service's go quickly including security.

Thats maybe what we will do. Then we can run to Timmies in the morning before catching our flight. Our flight leaves at 7 am. Do you think an hour before our flight gives us enough time ?

Sorry to revive this thread, but we are flying out if FNT for the first time next Sunday and I need a little input.

My family is staying at the Fairfield Inn in Fenton the night before out flight. Anyone familiar with this hotel? Our flight is at 6:50am Sunday morning. I'm thinking we will need to leave the hotel no later than 5am...sound right?

We are doing a one-way rental car so we will need to fuel up before we get to the airport ...any suggestions? It sounds like there is ample fast food options to grab a quick breakfast too.

Second, my sister's family is staying at the Wingate in Grand Blanc. She got it as a "hidden" deal on Hotwire and paid $65 for the night so she's a little nervous. She's worried that bit will be a "dive". What time should she leave for the airport? They are driving their own car and parking in the economy lot. The plan is for them to beat us there so that they can get to the gate well before us. We are surprising the kids....hers don't know they are going to Disney World and ours don't know that we are having company:). Her girls are 6 and 2....mine are 11 and 9...so they will need a bit longer to get through security.

That's all I can think of for now. Our trip is closing in and I hate the anxiety of the unknown:).

If you leave the motel at 5am. you will have more the enough time; and there is a gas station on Bristol Rd right before the airport. Might be a little higher priced, but not to bad. Your sister won't have any problem at her motel; and she's about 10 minutes closer then you are.

Have fun and leave some Pixie Dust for us; still have 31d;18hr;3min till we get there.

Sorry to revive this thread, but we are flying out if FNT for the first time next Sunday and I need a little input.

My family is staying at the Fairfield Inn in Fenton the night before out flight. Anyone familiar with this hotel? Our flight is at 6:50am Sunday morning. I'm thinking we will need to leave the hotel no later than 5am...sound right?

We are doing a one-way rental car so we will need to fuel up before we get to the airport ...any suggestions? It sounds like there is ample fast food options to grab a quick breakfast too.

Second, my sister's family is staying at the Wingate in Grand Blanc. She got it as a "hidden" deal on Hotwire and paid $65 for the night so she's a little nervous. She's worried that bit will be a "dive". What time should she leave for the airport? They are driving their own car and parking in the economy lot. The plan is for them to beat us there so that they can get to the gate well before us. We are surprising the kids....hers don't know they are going to Disney World and ours don't know that we are having company:). Her girls are 6 and 2....mine are 11 and 9...so they will need a bit longer to get through security.

That's all I can think of for now. Our trip is closing in and I hate the anxiety of the unknown:).

I live in Fenton. The Fairfield is a brand new hotel. I believe opened last year. You are in a very central area. Once you leave the hotel to Silver Lake rd you will get on US 23 north and get off at Bristol Rd exit to the west. There is a Marathon with fairly decent gas pricing. I always take the first non stop flight out in the morning and the airport has always been really fast to get us through the screening process. With that said I always make sure I give myself 90 minutes from parking to boarding area. Last time 2 of us were taken aside for extra screening. We still had a lot of extra time to kill but I am always one to arrive early. Drives my family nuts but I am a what if person. Back in the Fenton area if you arrive around dinner time you will find more restaurants than you need. Ruby Tuesday,Applebee's,Big Boy,Cuthers,Kentucky Fried Chicken,McD's,Burger King,Pizza....Also Target and Walmart within 5 minutes. In the morning if you want good coffee once you come out of Hotel and are on Silver Lake Road and just past the 2nd or 3rd light is a Tim Hortons. Good place for coffee and muffins. Then just head back west and get on US23 to airport. The airport parking lot is small so no long walk from car to terminal. Your Dsis will not be in a dive at the Wingate. They I believe will be off of Hill Rd which is only one exit from the airport. As far as your car drop off I believe it is to early for counter attendance so you will just park the car in the appropriate car rental area and use the key drop box at the counter for your rental car. Leaving at 5am gives you more than enough time. I never eat at the airport before my flight but only remember seeing one place open to get a meal to go. No sit downs if I recall. If you need anything else answered just let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter