• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flights

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Is Premium Economy worth the extra money for a transatlantic flight? The premium has collapsed recently to a couple hundred dollars, but it's still a consideration not to be taken lightly.

Is Premium Economy worth the extra money for a transatlantic flight? The premium has collapsed recently to a couple hundred dollars, but it's still a consideration not to be taken lightly.

IMO, if you can squeeze it into your budget it is definitely worth it.

I think it’s worth it for a longer flight, and especially if your flight is overnight and you want to sleep. The more room you have to be comfortable for several hours, the better.

I take the premium economy if available for any flight. But I'm also 6'-4" so maybe I'm a bit biased! 😂
I'm only 5'4", but I totally would do premium economy. Especially for long flights. We did it the first time this past spring (11+ hour flights to/from LA to Amsterdam).

Which airline? I don't believe all airlines offer it, but United for example offers an annual premium economy subscription. There are varying levels/price points, and depending on how many travelers there are it could save you a bundle on a roundtrip flight overseas.

Glad to hear it is worth it ... I splurged for our tickets next summer - the main reason was because there weren't 4 main cabin seats all together but premium economy had that available. But, I am definitely excited to have a slightly less uncomfortable seat for our 10 hour flight!

I take the premium economy if available for any flight. But I'm also 6'-4" so maybe I'm a bit biased! 😂
Me too and my height is mostly in my legs so every inch of space I can get in an airline seat I take. Plus depending on the airline, there may be some other plusses. For example on Delta (it's been almost 3 years since I flew with them) they passed around a snack basket with different snacks for those sitting in Comfort+

I think it depends on the airline and what you're getting for the difference. Delta for instance offers Comfort+ and Premium Select. Premium select would definitely be worth it, Comfort+ maybe. I'm 6'3" and I didn't see a big enough difference on a 4 hour flight to make Comfort+ worth $200 to me. If it's actually a wider seat I would be more likely to purchase than if it's just a couple extra inches of legroom.

Upgraded to Premium Economy for a 10 hour flight last month. Made a world of difference and was worth every penny - and all thing considered wasn't that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter